Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Nov. 4 - Nov. 6, 2011. Carl Edwards still leads by three points in the championship standings with two races to go after finishing second to Tony Stewart at Texas. Trevor Bayne won his first career Nationwide race and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. extended his points lead in the championship standings. Brian Deegan closed in on a pair of championships in the Lucas Oil Road Racing series. He won a pair of events in Pro Lite Unlimited and leads the championship race in both Pro Lite and Pro 2 Unlimited.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Carl Edwards paced three Roush Fenway Ford drivers in the top-five and six Ford drivers in the top-12 with a second-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway.
• Edwards was edged by Tony Stewart, who won his fourth race of The Chase, and had his championship lead trimmed to three. The duo has pulled away from the pack, with third-place Kevin Harvick sitting 33 points back of Edwards.
• Matt Kenseth finished fourth and rose back to fourth in the point standingsm 38 points behind.
• The NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase has two events remaining, including next weekend’s event at Phoenix International Raceway.
NASCAR Chase Field
1. Carl Edwards (2,316 points)
2. Tony Stewart (-3)
3. Kevin Harvick (-33)
4. Matt Kenseth (-38)
5. Brad Keselowski (-49)
6. Jimmy Johnson (-55)
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (-79)
8. Jeff Gordon (-81)
9. Kurt Busch (-87)
10. Denny Hamlin (-99)
11. Kyle Busch (-100)
12. Ryan Newman (-103)
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang)
• Trevor Bayne won his first career Nationwide race at Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday, leading three Fords in the top-six that included Carl Edwards (P3) and points leader Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (P6).
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. remains atop the points standings, leading Elliott Sadler by 17 points. Trevor Bayne rose to 11th, despite missing five races earlier this season.
• With Trevor Bayne’s victory, Ford clinched the Nationwide manufacturer’s championship, its first since 2002 and third overall.
• Mustang has now won 13 races, more than any other model in 2011. It’s the most victories for Ford in one Nationwide season since 2002 (16).
• There are two races remaining on the schedule. The Nationwide series returns next week at Phoenix International Raceway.
NASCAR Nationwide Series Standings
1. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (1,138)
2. Elliott Sadler (-17)
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford (3,280 points) leads the manufacturer’s standings by 1,240 points over Dodge
• The Countdown concludes in Pomona on Nov. 10-13.
NHRA Funny Car Countdown Field
1. Matt Hagan (2,416 points)
2. Jack Beckman (-1)
3. Cruz Pedregon (-26)
4. Mike Neff (-34)
5. Robert Hight (-71)
6. Ron Capps (-72)
7. Bob Tasca III (-121)
8. Jeff Arend (-146)
9. John Force (-216)
10. Tim Wilkerson (-237)
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) -- NO RACE
• Ford sits second in the drivers' and manufacturers' standings behind Citroen (-54).
• The final event on the 2011 schedule, Rally Wales, is set for Nov. 10-13.
WRC Driver's Championship
1. Sebastian Loeb (222)
2. Mikko Hirvonen (-8)
Other Ford Racing Results
• Brian Deegan closed in on a pair of championships in the Lucas Oil Road Racing series. He won a pair of Pro Lite Unlimited events and finished third and fifth in Pro 2 Unlimited in Las Vegas.
• Deegan leads both championship races.
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• NHRA Pro Stock concludes in Pomona on Nov. 10-13.
Formula Drift – SEASON COMPLETE
• Justin Pawlak finished second and Vaughn Gittin Jr. 11th in the final standings.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – SEASON COMPLETE
• John Pew and Oz Negri of Michael Shank Racing were the next highest-ranked Ford-powered drivers, finishing sixth.
• Ford finished third in the engine manufacturer standings, 44 points behind Chevy/BMW.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R) –SEASON COMPLETE
• Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr.finished second in both the driver and team standings, just nine points behind champion Paul Dalla Lana. Maxwell/Foster finished eighth in the driver standings.
• Ford finished second in the engine manufacturer standings, 14 points behind BMW.
Global RallyCross Championship (Fiesta/Focus) – SEASON COMPLETE
• Tanner Foust clinched the Global RallyCross Championship, SuperRally Championship and Overall Championship at X Games 17.
RallyCar Rally America (Fiesta) – SEASON COMPLETE
• Dillon Van Way was the highest finishing Ford Fiesta taking second in the 2011 2WD championship. Ford Rally Car winners in 2011 were Dillion Van Way (Sno*Drift) and Chris Duplessis (NewEngland Forest Rally).
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang) – SEASON COMPLETE
• Paul Brown won the driver'schampionship, and helped Ford to a manufacturer's title.