Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Oct. 28 - Oct. 30, 2011. Carl Edwards finished ninth and remains atop the Sprint Cup standings, holding an eight-point lead over Martinsville winner Tony Stewart. Chase contender Matt Kenseth ran in the top-10 for a large chunk of the day, but was involved in an accident with 35 laps remaining and finished 31st, dropping him to 5th in the standings and 36 points back of Edwards. Mike Neff (-34) and Robert Hight (-71) sit 4th and 5th in the Countdown standings, but are still in championship contention with one event remaining after being eliminated in the first round in Las Vegas.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Carl Edwards led all Ford drivers with a 9th place finish at Martinsville.
• Fellow Chase contender Matt Kenseth ran in the top-10 most of the day, but ran into trouble with 35 laps remaining, connecting with Kyle Busch and finishing 31st.
• Edwards led for 28 laps and Kenseth paced three laps. Both started on the front row after rain cancelled qualifying.
• AJ Allmendinger finished 11th and Greg Biffle crossed the line in 15th to round out the top-three Ford finishers.
• The NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase has three events remaining, including next weekend’s event at Texas Motor Speedway.
NASCAR Chase Field
1. Carl Edwards (2,273 points)
2. Tony Stewart (-8)
3. Kevin Harvick (-21)
4. Brad Keselowski (-27)
5. Matt Kenseth (-36)
6. Jimmy Johnson (-43)
7. Kyle Busch (-57)
8. Kurt Busch (-58)
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (-73)
10. Jeff Gordon (-76)
11. Denny Hamlin (-80)
12. Ryan Newman (-89)
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang)
• Bob Tasca III advanced to the semifinals in Las Vegas but fell to Johnny Gray.
• Tasca was the only Ford driver to escape the first round, as Countdown contenders Mike Neff and Robert Hight were knocked ou
• Ford (2,860 points) leads the manufacturer’s standings by 1,080 points over Dodge
• The Countdown concludes in Pomona on Nov. 10-13.
NHRA Funny Car Countdown Field
1. Matt Hagan (2,416 points)
2. Jack Beckman (-1)
3. Cruz Pedregon (-26)
4. Mike Neff (-34)
5. Robert Hight (-71)
6. Ron Capps (-72)
7. Bob Tasca III (-121)
8. Jeff Arend (-146)
9. John Force (-216)
10. Tim Wilkerson (-237)
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) -- NO RACE
• Ford sits second in the drivers' and manufacturers' standings behind Citroen (-54).
• The final event on the 2011 schedule, Rally Wales, is set for Nov. 10-13.
WRC Driver's Championship
1. Sebastian Loeb (222)
2. Mikko Hirvonen (-8)
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford holds a 10-point lead over Toyota in the manufacturers' championship.
• There are three races remaining on the schedule. The Nationwide series returns Nov. 5, at Texas.
NASCAR Nationwide Series Standings
1. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (1,100)
2. Elliott Sadler (-15)
3. Aric Almirola (-87)
Other Ford Racing Results
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang)
• Larry Morgan qualified sixth and reached the quarterfinals in Las Vegas.
• NHRA Pro Stock concludes in Pomona on Nov. 10-13.
Formula Drift -- SEASON COMPLETE
• Justin Pawlak finished second and Vaughn Gittin Jr. 11th in the final standings.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (DaytonaPrototypes) – SEASON COMPLETE
• John Pew and Oz Negri of Michael Shank Racing were the next highest-ranked Ford-powered drivers, finishing sixth.
• Ford finished third in the engine manufacturer standings, 44 points behind Chevy/BMW.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R) –SEASON COMPLETE
• Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr.finished second in both the driver and team standings, just nine points behind champion Paul Dalla Lana. Maxwell/Foster finished eighth in the driverstandings.
• Ford finished second in the engine manufacturer standings, 14 points behind BMW.
Global RallyCross Championship(Fiesta/Focus) – SEASON COMPLETE
• Tanner Foust clinched the Global RallyCross Championship, SuperRally Championship and Overall Championship at X Games 17.
RallyCar Rally America (Fiesta)–SEASON COMPLETE
• Dillon Van Way was the highest finishing Ford Fiesta taking second in the 2011 2WD championship. Ford Rally Car winners in 2011 were Dillion Van Way (Sno*Drift) and Chris Duplessis (NewEngland Forest Rally).
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang)-- SEASON COMPLETE
• Paul Brown won the driver'schampionship, and helped Ford to a manufacturer's title.