Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Oct. 26-28. Aric Almirola was the surprise at Martinsville with a career-best tying fourth place finish. Matt Kenseth (8th) and Greg Biffle (9th) continue to hang in the top-10 in the Chase for the Sprint Cup with three races remaining (NSC). Courtney Force reached the semis at NHRA Las Vegas.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Jimmie Johnson (Chevrolet) held off a Kyle Busch on the final restart to win Sunday's Tums Fast Relief 500 at Martinsille Speedway.
• Aric Almirola was the top finishing Ford, coming home fourth, tying the best finish of his NSCS career
• Greg Biffle bounced back from problems last week for a 10th place effort Sunday, putting two Ford drivers in the top-10.
• Fellow Chaser Matt Kenseth finished 14th while Carl Edwards ran in the top-10 for most of the afternoon but got caught in a late-race incident and finished 18th.
• Johnson leads the point standings by 2 over Penske’s Brad Keselowski.
• The NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase continues on Nov 4 at Texas
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) – Did not race
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – Las Vegas
• Courtney Force reached the seminfinals, before falling in the NHRA event in Las Vegas.
• Courtney red-lighted by .004 seconds in the round against points leader Jack Beckman. Her run would have won the round.
• Mike Neff went out in round 2, and mathematically has a chance going into Pomona to win the title, but it would take a near miracle.
• Neff sits third in the championship, and Ford still leads the manufacturers’ title hunt.
• The series wraps up in Pomona in two weeks.
V8 Supercars (Falcon) – NO RACE
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) –NO RACE
Global RallyCross (Fiesta) – RACES TUESDAY NIGHT IN LAS VEGAS
• Tanner Foust leads the championship standings with 72 points, 6 ahead of fellow Fiesta pilot Brian Deegan. They are the only two drivers still in contention for the driver’s championship. They will decide the title Tuesday night.
• Ford has already clinched the manufacturer’s championship
• The 2012 schedule concludes at SEMA, in Las Vegas, on Oct. 30.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (MustangBoss302R/Focus ST-R) – SEASON COMPLETE
Formula Drift (Mustang) – SEASON COMPLETE
World Touring Car Championship (Focus) – NO RACE
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) – (Raptor)
• Brian Deegan reclaimed the Pro 2 Unlimited Championship in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series in No. 38 Lucas Oil/Metal Mulisha/Rockstar F-150 SVT Raptor
• Deegan earned first place in the Pro Lite class before finishing third in Pro 2 Unlimited in Round 15 of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series
• Raptor has won a combined eight races en route to the championship and tallied 15 podiums with Deegan in Pro Lite and Pro 2 Unlimited this season.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes) – SEASON COMPLETE
European RallyCross (Fiesta) –SEASON COMPLETE
Rally America (Fiesta) – SEASON COMPLETE
SCCA World Challenge GTS(Mustang Boss302S/Fiesta) – SEASON COMPLETE