Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Oct. 21 - Oct. 23, 2011. Carl Edwards and Matt Kenseth now hold the top-two spots inthe NASCAR Sprint Cup championship standings. Edwards led all Ford finishersin 11th at Talladega. Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala made ita two-Fiesta podium at Rally Spain. Hirvonen sits eight points off thechampionship pace heading into the final event.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion)
• Carl Edwards led all Ford driverswith an 11th place finish at Talladega.
• Fellow Chase contender Matt Kenseth finished 18th, and thanks to some fortunate luck, moved into second place in the championship standings.
•Edwards led for one lap and Kenseth paced 21 laps.
• The NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase has four events remaining, including next week’s event at Martinsville on Oct. 30.
NASCAR Chase Field
1. Carl Edwards (2,237 points)
2. Matt Kenseth (-14)
3. Brad Keselowski (-18)
4. Tony Stewart (-19)
5. Kevin Harvick (-26)
6. Kyle Busch (-40)
7. Jimmy Johnson (-50)
8. Kurt Busch (-52)
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (-74)
10. Jeff Gordon (-82)
11. Denny Hamlin (-84)
12. Ryan Newman (-88)
World Rally Championship (Fiesta)
• Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala made it a two-Fiesta podium, finishing second and third at Rally Spain.
• Latvala won seven stages and Hirvonen won one.
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer's standings behind Citroen (-54).
• The final event on the 2011 schedule, Rally of Wales, is set for Nov. 10-13.
WRC Driver's Championship
1. Sebastian Loeb (222)
2.Mikko Hirvonen (-8)
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford holds a 10-point lead overToyota in the manufacturer’s championship.
• There are three races remaining on the schedule. The Nationwide series returns Nov. 5, at Texas.
NASCAR Nationwide Series Standings
1. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (1,100)
2. Elliott Sadler (-15)
3. Aric Almirola (-87)
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ford (2,860 points) leads the manufacturer’s standings by 1,080 points over Dodge
• The Countdown continues in next weekend in Las Vegas on Oct. 27-30.
NHRA Funny Car Countdown Field
1. Jack Beckman (2,362 points)
2. Matt Hagan (-5)
3. Mike Neff (-22)
4. Cruz Pedregon (-48)
5. Robert Hight (-58)
6. Jeff Arend (-123)
7. Ron Capps (-139)
8. Bob Tasca III (-141)
9. John Force (-194)
10. Tim Wilkerson (-205)
Other Ford Racing Results
NHRA Pro Stock Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• NHRA Pro Stock returns next week in Las Vegas Oct. 27-30
Formula Drift -- SEASON COMPLETE
• Justin Pawlak finished second and Vaughn Gittin Jr. 11th in the final standings.
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (DaytonaPrototypes) – SEASON COMPLETE
• John Pew and Oz Negri of Michael Shank Racing were the next highest-ranked Ford-powered drivers, finishing sixth.
• Ford finished third in the engine manufacturer standings, 44 points behind Chevy/BMW.
GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R) –SEASON COMPLETE
• Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr.finished second in both the driver and team standings, just nine points behind champion Paul Dalla Lana. Maxwell/Foster finished eighth in the driverstandings.
• Ford finished second in the engine manufacturer standings, 14 points behind BMW.
Global RallyCross Championship(Fiesta/Focus) – SEASON COMPLETE
• Tanner Foust clinched the Global RallyCross Championship, SuperRally Championship and Overall Championship at X Games 17.
RallyCar Rally America (Fiesta)–SEASON COMPLETE
• Dillon Van Way was the highest finishing Ford Fiesta taking second in the 2011 2WD championship. Ford Rally Car winners in 2011 were Dillion Van Way (Sno*Drift) and Chris Duplessis (NewEngland Forest Rally).
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang)-- SEASON COMPLETE
• Paul Brown won the driver'schampionship, and helped Ford to a manufacturer's title.