Click here to visit the Motorsports page for all the latest news and information.
DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for Sept. 20 - 22.
NASCAR Sprint Cup
• Greg Biffle moved up six spots in the championship standings with a late run to third place in New Hampshire, a race won by Matt Kenseth (Toyota).
• Biffle moved into fifth place, -38 behind Kenseth, who has won the first two races of the Chase. Carl Edwards, who finished ninth at New Hampshire, is in fourth place, -36 behind Kenseth.
• Ford’s other Chaser – Joey Logano – finished 14th, and remains 12th in the Chase standings as the series moves next weekend to Dover.
• Ford trails Chevy/Toyota in the manufacturer standings by 39 points.
NASCAR Nationwide - FORD VICTORY
• Ryan Blaney, a developmental driver for Penske Racing, scored his first career Nationwide win Saturday night in Kentucky, becoming the fourth different driver to win a race this year in the No. 22 Mustang.
• The victory was the 10th for Penske in Nationwide this year and Ford’s 11th. Penske driver Sam Hornish Jr. finished fourth to maintain a 15-point lead in the championship.
• Ford leads Toyota by five points in the manufacturer’s standings.
• John Force fell in the finals to Cruz Pedregon (Toyota) in Dallas, the second of six races in the NHRA Countdown to 1 championship playoffs.
• Force took out both of his teammates on the way to the finals, eliminating Courtney Force in round 1 and then Robert Hight in the semis. Mustang driver Bob Tasca III won one round before getting knocked out and Tim Wilkerson was eliminated in the first round.
• Hight remains third in the championship, -63 behind Matt Hagan (Dodge), while John Force moved up to fourth (-64). Courtney Force is eighth (-131) and Tim Wilkerson ninth (-183) among the other Ford drivers in the Countdown.
• Ford leads the manufacturer standings by 220 points over Dodge.
Global Rallycross - FORD VICTORY
• Fiesta driver Scott Speed won his second event of the year and Toomas Heikkinen clinched the driver’s title in today’s Global Rallycross Championship event at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
• Fiesta drivers again swept the podium, with Speed, Brian Deegan and Heikkinen taking the top three spots.
• Ford clinched the manufacturer’s title earlier this season.