DEARBORN - Weekend racing results for June 8 - 10, 2012. Fiesta sweeps the podium in Texas, led by the second-consecutive victory by Marcus Gronholm (Global RallyCross). Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr. drove the No. 61 Mustang Boss 302R to victory at Mid-Ohio (Grand-Am CTSCC). Kenseth takes over the points lead at Pocono with a seventh-place finish (NASCAR Sprint Cup). Lucas Luhr and Alex Popow led the Ford contingent with a fourth-place finish at Mid-Ohio (Grand-Am Rolex). NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Fusion
• Matt Kenseth led the Ford drivers with a seventh-place finish at Pocono, crossing the line behind race winner Joey Logano (Toyota)
• Carl Edwards finished 11th and Marcos Ambrose 13th as the other Ford drivers present in the top-15. Greg Biffle finished 24th.
• Matt Kenseth took over the points lead and now holds a 10-point cushion over Dale Earnhardt Jr and a 16-point edge over fellow Ford driver Greg Biffle. Edwards sits in 11th (-100).
• Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 71 points, trailing Chevy by 25 points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule continues Michigan International Speedway on June 17 Global RallyCross (Fiesta)
• Marcus Gronholm led a 1-2-3 Ford Fiesta sweep at Round 2 of the Global Rallycross Championship event at Texas Motor Speedway.
• Fiesta driver Tanner Foust finished second for the second straight race and Brian Deegan brought home his Fiesta third as five of the six Fiestas made it to the finals.
• Gronholm leads the championship standings, with Foust sitting in second (point totals not updated at time of report
• The 2012 schedule continues with X Games 18 in LA on June 29. GRAND-AM CTSCC (Mustang Boss 302R/Focus ST-R)
• Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr. drove the No. 61 Mustang Boss 302R to its second victory of 2012 in the GS class, while the No. 16 Focus ST-R driven by Nick Mancuso and Bret Seafuse finished ninth in the ST class.
• Focus ST-R drivers James Gue/Gunnar Jeannette sit in 11th with 83 points, 45 behind Andy Lally/Nic Jonsson (KIA)
• Boss 302R drivers Billy Johnson/Jack Roush Jr. sit sixth in the driver’s standings with 115 points, 19 back of Matt Plumb/Nick Longhi (BMW)
• Ford sits third in the GS manufacturer’s standings with 120 points, 26 behind BMW
• The Grand-Am CTSCC season resumes June 21-23 at Road America
NASCAR Nationwide Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. sits second in the driver's championship, and Ford sits third in the manufacturer’s standings with 65 points, trailing Toyota by 14 points.
• The 2012 NASCAR Nationwide schedule continues at Michigan International Speedway on June 16.
NHRA Funny Car Series (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Robert Hight leads the driver’s championship with 857 points, Mike Neff sits third (-242). Bob Tasca III sits seventh (-406). John Force sits eighth (-419) and Courtney Force in 9th (-428). Tim Wilkerson checks in at P11 (-505)
• Ford holds a commanding lead in the manufacturer’s standings with 2,580 points, holding a 1,680 point lead over Dodge.
• The 2012 NHRA Funny Car schedule continues June 15-17 at Bristol Dragway
World Rally Championship (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Ford drivers sit 3-7 in the points standings. Ostberg sits third (-39), Solberg (-46) in fourth and Latvala (-74) fifth
• The Ford World Rally Team sits second in the manufacturer’s standings with 106 points, trailing Citroen Total World Rally by 45.
• The WRC season continues June 22-24 with Rally New Zealand
V8 Supercars (Falcon) – NO RACE
• Will Davison leads the points standings with 1,216, enjoying a 10-point lead over second, and 29 ahead of fellow Ford Mark Winterbottom who sits third.
• The V8 Supercars schedule continues with the SkyCity Triple Crown on June 15-17
Other Ford Racing Results
GRAND-AM Rolex Series (Daytona Prototypes)
• Lucas Luhr and Alex Popow led the Ford contingent with a fourth-place finish behind the victorious No. 90 Corvette DP at Mid-Ohio.
• Ford DP pilots Ryan Dalziel/Enzo Potolicchio sit second, two back of the lead, while Alex Popow/Lucas Luhr sit in fifth, eight points back.
• Ford sits second in the manufacturer standings with 177, 24 points back of Chevy
• The Rolex series resumes June 21-23 at Road America.
Formula Drift (Mustang) – NO RACE
• Mustang driver Justin Pawlak holds a 20.5 points edge over second. Vaughn Gittin Jr. sits in ninth, 111 points back.
• The Formula D schedule continues June 22-23 in Wall, NJ.
Rally America (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Fiesta driver Chris Duplessis holds the championship lead, enjoying a 14-point cushion. Fellow Ford drivers Ed McNelly (P3, -31) and Verena Mei (P5, -33) join him in the top-5
• The Rally America season continues with New England Forest Rally on July 13-14.
European RallyCross (Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Tanner Foust finished second in Hungary
• Foust sits sixth in the championship standings (official standings not updated at the time of this report)
• The ERC Schedule continues in Norway on June 23
SCCA World Challenge GTS (Mustang Boss 302S/Fiesta) – NO RACE
• Justin Bell sits third in the points standings with 678, 154 behind leader Andy Lee (Chevy)
• Fiesta driver Craig Capaldi sits third in the B-Spec standings with 327 points, 62 behind Jonathan Start
• Ford sits second in the GTS Manufacturer’s standings with 39 points, five behind Acura.
• The SCCA schedule resumes June 22 at Mosport International Raceway for Rounds 8-9.
World Touring Car Championship (Focus) – NO RACE
• James Nash sits 16th with 12 points and Tom Chilton sits 18th in the driver’s standings with seven.
• The WTCC 2012 schedule continues July 21-22 in Brazil
Off-Road Racing (Trucks) – NO RACE
• Raptor and F-150 driver Brian Deegan sits third in Pro2 Unlimited (-22) and 21st in Pro Lite Unlimited (-130) (Not updated at the time of this report)
• Kyle LeDuc leads the Pro4 Unlimited standings by 24 (not updated at the time of this report)
• The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship returns June 23-24 for Rounds 7 and 8 at Miller Motorsports Park.