DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – Ford and Lincoln products have seen their sales in the Middle East’s Gulf Cooperation Council jump by 55 percent so far this year at a time when the region’s industry performance was relatively flat, according to Ford Middle East Managing Director Larry Prein. Speaking to the media at the Dubai International Motor Show’s opening day, Prein said the company is well on its way to another record year, thanks to its strong products, expanding dealer network and increasing customer satisfaction levels.
Ford’s continued flow of segment-leading products is more than evident on its stand inside Sheikh Saeed Hall, with the regional debut of the much anticipated all-new 2012 Ford Focus and the all-new Ford Ranger 1-tonne pickup truck joining the extensive lineup of new-generation Ford models such as the all-new Ford Explorer, Edge, Taurus, Mustang and F-Series.
“We delivered a solid performance this year and we’re very pleased with the results. Clearly our solid product lineup is leading the way for our growth and this marks another proof point in the ongoing success of the One Ford plan,” said Prein.
Deputy Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashed Al Maktoum, visits the Ford stand at the Dubai Motor Show with Hussein Murad, director, Sales, Ford Middle East.
“We currently offer a strong contender in almost every segment, from the B-Car Figo through to the Explorer mid-size SUV and the heavy duty F-Series trucks. It’s more than evident that the models we have introduced recently are striking a chord with customers, and we’re certain this trend will continue well into 2012 as customers increasingly look to Ford as a preferred option,” Prein said.
Committed to the Middle East
The outlook for 2012 remains positive for Ford according to Prein, thanks to continued network expansions and major regional investments to help support Ford’s growing customer base and dealerships.
Ford is planning to open additional facilities in Saudi Arabia next year, with expansions also planned in Iraq and elsewhere throughout the region. But perhaps one of the most important areas that Ford Middle East has been taking actions on this year is customer service and after sales. “As our dealer network and customer base expand, it is only natural that we increase our focus on customer service and the after-sales experience,” Prein added.
“We have invested in major customer satisfaction initiatives over the past year or so, such as our increased product engineering and testing actions as well as ongoing dealer training efforts. Next week we take it forward and register an important milestone in Ford Motor Company’s history in the Middle East with the opening of our Middle East Parts Distribution Center in Jebel Ali, from which we will support our entire regional network and provide parts faster.”
Ford Action All The Way
Visitors to the Ford stand at the Dubai International Motor Show will get a chance to experience the latest Ford products and technologies in fun and engaging ways:
- Ford Focus Graffiti contest: two finalists from Saudi Arabia and the UAE have been selected from a Facebook competition to bring their Graffiti art to life on two real Ford Focus models. These works will be displayed outside on the Plaza area throughout the show. Show visitors will then be able to vote for the best design on www.facebook.com/FordMiddleEast.
- The Ford Focus simulator: Visitors get to race on a simulated rally course complete with road and vehicle feedback.
- Ranger Truck challenge: Muscles are put to test at the towing challenge station for some arm wrestling show off.
- Focus Control Blade Wii game: Using Wii driving pads visitors can navigate through a maze dynamically obtaining power on Ford logos.
- Mustang Slot Car Racing: Friends and families, young or old, can race against each other on the Mustang slot car track.
- Explorer Theatre: Guests can sit inside the Explorer to learn about key features and benefits including MyFordTouch.
- Explorer Cut-away display: Showcases key attributes of the Explorer SPACE architecture and how it is designed to help channel crash forces in the event of an accident.
- Safety Table: Highlights crash avoidance technologies offered by Ford, where visitors can also touch and feel an inflatable rear seat airbag, and see how the Ford exclusive Trinity front crash structure works.
- Smart Table: Focuses on the latest Ford Smart technology including voice activation, MyFordTouch and all relevant SYNC features.