COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Fiesta was the No.1 selling small car in Europe again last year. Ford sold 293,663* Fiestas in Europe in 2013, making it the top-selling small car in Europe for the second year running.
“Fiesta appeals as much to the customer attracted by fun-to-drive qualities as it does to the driver who is more concerned with the fuel efficiency offered by the award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. “From the dynamic and practical Fiesta ST to the ultra-frugal new Fiesta ECOnetic – and across more than 11,400 variants – small-car buyers are finding a Fiesta that is right for them.”
Ford Fiesta features dynamic exterior and interior styling with benchmark design, craftsmanship and ergonomics, in addition to Active City Stop
, which helps drivers avoid low speed collisions.
Also available in Fiesta is Ford’s SYNC voice-activated in-car connectivity system featuring Emergency Assistance
, which can alert local emergency services operators to an accident in 26 languages, spoken in 40 European regions.
Five Fun Fiesta Facts
- There are more than 11,400 different versions of Fiesta available
- The most popular colours are Frozen White, Panther Black and Moondust Silver
- Each Fiesta contains around 1 km of electrical wiring
- Fiesta is sold in 62 countries worldwide
- Due to strong demand, Ford plant in Cologne, Germany, is next month adding extra shifts and increasing Fiesta production by 110 cars a day
*JATO Dynamics results are based on information provided by JATO Consult, the company's bespoke consulting service. Figures are based on 30 European countries. For more information please visit www.jato.com.