Joe Hinrichs, Executive Vice President and President, The Americas is making the following personnel announcements effective November 1, 2013:
• Eduardo Serrano, Executive Director, Latin America, has announced his intention to retire after more than 31 years of distinguished service with the Company. Eduardo started his career in 1982 and has held various leadership positions in Purchasing, Quality, Marketing, Sales and General Management. Although his career started in Mexico, he has also served the Company on assignments in the U.S. and Andina.
Eduardo was appointed Executive Director, Latin America in August 2010. Under his leadership, Ford in Latin America has positively contributed to the Company despite challenging conditions of extreme volatility. Eduardo will continue to work with the Ford of Mexico and the Ford of South America teams during a transitional period to ensure that the Company and the relationships he has built with our employees, dealers, and governmental entities remain successful.
On behalf of the Company, we would like to thank and congratulate Eduardo for his many contributions, passion, teamwork and first class professionalism that he has always demonstrated for the business, his legacy will be remembered. We would like to wish him, and his wife Marisol, a long, healthy and happy retirement.
• Steven Armstrong is appointed President, Ford South America reporting to Joe Hinrichs. For the past year, Armstrong has served as President, Ford of Brazil, where he has led all aspects of the company’s largest business unit in South America. Prior to this, Armstrong was Chief Operating Officer, Volvo Cars. During his more-than-25-year career, he has served in a variety of senior management, strategy and purchasing positions in Volvo and Ford of Europe.
In parallel with the strategic alignment of all of Ford’s South American Operations under Armstrong, the company is re-aligning the Ford of Mexico operations into North America. Ford Mexico President and CEO, Gabriel Lopez, will report to Joe Hinrichs effective November 1st.
Reporting directly to Steven in this role are:
• Enrique Alemañy – President, Ford Argentina & Chile
• Hector Perez – President, Ford Andina
• Ana Paula Barros - Legal & Tax Affairs Director, Ford Brazil
• Jorge Chear - Marketing & Sales Director, Ford Brazil
• Matthew O'Leary – Product Development Director, FSAO
• José María Villarreal – Human Resources Director, Latin America
• Todd Bryant - Operations Director, FSAO
• Amit Singhi - Finance Director, FSAO
• Rogélio Golfarb - Gov. Affairs & Public Relations Director, FSAO
• Todd Eckert - Marketing Director, FSAO
• Guy Rodriguez - Trucks Marketing & Sales, Strategy and Services Director, FSAO
• Antonio Taranto - FCSD Director, FSAO
In addition to his responsibility for the South American region, Steve will retain his current role as President, Ford Brazil.
Please join me in congratulating Steven on his new assignment.