- Help Support Ford Warriors in Pink during Breast Cancer Awareness Month
DEARBORN - In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Ford Warriors in Pink will be visiting various Ford buildings throughout the month of October selling WIP merchandise. All the net proceeds from wear and gear sales go to support the fight against breast cancer.
- Ford Credit Employee Shares Experience with Breast Cancer
DEARBORN - When Anne Gyurnek turned 40, her primary care physician recommended that she have a baseline mammogram. She had it done and didn’t think much about it until she received a call back from the doctor’s office telling her that the results looked suspicious and she needed to have the test repeated.
- Warriors in Pink Model Survival 365 Days Per Year
DEARBORN - Each October, in honor of breast cancer awareness month, Ford’s breast cancer awareness and fundraising campaign Warriors in Pink uses Ford ad space on the inside cover of Automotive News to draw attention to the cause. This year the ad is especially meaningful as all the survivors feature in the ad are Ford employees or retirees. Emphasizing even more why, for Warriors in Pink, every month is breast cancer awareness month because it affects our Ford family and too many others and it doesn’t take any days off.
- Warriors in Pink Tour NYC with Love and Cupcakes
NEW YORK - October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and on Oct. 8 and 9 Ford Warriors in Pink (WIP) will travel around New York City with actor Gilles Marini in a branded Love and Cupcakes WIP food truck, passing out free cupcakes and selling WIP apparel.
- Ford Warriors in Pink, 19 Years Strong, Continues as a Symbol of Unity in the Fight Against Breast Cancer
DEARBORN - Ford Warriors in Pink® – the program created by Ford Motor Company to raise awareness and funds in the fight against breast cancer – continues its 19-year quest to keep the subject of breast cancer a part of everyday life. This month, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Warriors in Pink and actor Gilles Marini will be in New York City promoting the limited-edition T-shirt Marini created to aid in the fight against the disease.
- Ford Warriors in Pink Launches 2013 Collection, Continues Celebrating Breast Cancer Survivors With Its ‘Models of Courage’ Campaign
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company and its Warriors in Pink® campaign kicks off its 19th year of support in the fight against breast cancer with the arrival of its 2013 collection of Ford Warriors in Pink apparel and accessories. Created for women, men and children, the collection features important symbols signifying the message of hope, strength and unity in the fight against breast cancer. The new collection is now available at www.fordcares.com, with 100 percent of net proceeds going directly to the fight against breast cancer.
- Employees Support Hope at 22nd Annual Race for the Cure
DETROIT - Helping to ensure that their friend and co-worker’s death was not in vain is what keeps Zenaida Wright, training coordinator in marketing, sales and service and her MS&S teammates focused on raising funds to support breast cancer awareness and prevention.
- Warriors in Pink: Ford’s Own Linda Pond Celebrates Life, Survival
DEARBORN - Linda Pond, business analyst, ITSM, Information Technology, is a fighter by nature. She is always upbeat, smiling and getting the best out of life. All of these wonderful attributes would be put to the test when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2012.
- Warriors Rally at WHQ for the Fight Against Cancer
DEARBORN - Employees gathered in Dearborn on Thursday, May 9, to celebrate life, hope and the fight against breast cancer at the annual Warriors in Pink rally and walk around Ford World Headquarters.
- Employees Invited to Join Ford Warriors in Pink on Race Day at WHQ
DEARBORN - Ford employees are encouraged to join Warriors in Pink (WIP) in the fight against breast cancer by attending Warriors in Pink Day at World Headquarters (WHQ) from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Thursday, May 9.
- Selfless and Courageous: Ford Employee Kina McMillian Fights Breast Cancer
DEARBORN - Forty-four-year-old Kina McMillian felt a lump in her left breast in October. She didn’t think much of it because she had had lumps in her breasts before and they were all benign.
- Ford Warriors in Pink Teams Up with Actor James Denton to Raise Breast Cancer Awareness and Support the Pink Fund
DEARBORN – Ford Warriors in Pink®, the Ford Motor Company program that raises awareness and funds in the fight against breast cancer, has created a limited-edition T-shirt inspired by film and television actor and supporter in the fight against breast cancer, James Denton. For every shirt sold, 100 percent of net proceeds go directly to the Pink Fund, providing real help now.
- Warriors in Pink Debuts Breast Cancer Survivor Documentary, Ford Continues 18-Year Commitment to Raise Awareness
DEARBORN – Ford Warriors in Pink®, the Ford Motor Company program that raises awareness and funds in the fight against breast cancer, reveals its first-ever documentary with hopes to create a powerful and inspiring resource to all who have been touched by the disease. The short documentary, “Bang the Drum: Living Out Loud in the Face of Breast Cancer,” gives the Models of Courage a platform to showcase their inspiring stories continuing Ford’s 18-year commitment to the cause.
- Ford Offers Free Mammograms in Puerto Rico, Continues Support of Komen for the Cure
SAN JUAN, P.R. – Ford Motor Company is providing free mammograms to women in Puerto Rico. Breast cancer is the most diagnosed type of cancer and leading cause of cancer death among Puerto Rican women.
- Ford Warriors in Pink Celebrates Breast Cancer Survivors with ‘Models of Courage’ Campaign
DEARBORN – Ford Warriors in Pink®, the program created by Ford Motor Company to raise awareness and funds in the fight against breast cancer, is launching a new campaign that highlights the stories of breast cancer survivors with “Models of Courage.” Eleven women and men were selected for the Models of Courage campaign to serve as Ford Warriors in Pink role models and inspire everyone involved in the fight against breast cancer.
- Breast Cancer Changes Ford Engineer's View of Life
DEARBORN - Ford Powertrain Operations Engineer Annette Januszczak says her bout with breast cancer two and a half years ago has had “a phenomenal effect” on her outlook on life today.
- Jody Collino: A Profile in Courage
DEARBORN - Forty-two-year-old Jody Collino says cancer is like boxing. It’ll knock you down, but you’ve got to get back up and keep fighting. Collino should know. She’s still standing after two grueling rounds in the ring.
- Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute Honors Nick Smither
DEARBORN - Nick Smither, Ford group vice president and chief information officer, received a 2011 Heroes of Breast Cancer Leadership Award from the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute.
- MAP Parts Control Supervisor Finds Strength in Adversity
WAYNE, Mich. - Judy Kies is a fighter. Five years ago, Kies – supervisor of Parts Control at the Michigan Assembly Plant – went into septic shock following a severe bout of pneumonia. She lapsed into a coma and was on life support for four weeks.
- Ford Safety Development Engineer Shares Personal Breast Cancer Story
DEARBORN - Since 1995 when both her mother and aunt were diagnosed with breast cancer, Ford Safety Development Engineer Alicia Grazioli has lived with the fear that one day the same thing might happen to her. Because of her strong family history, she has had a mammogram each year since she turned 30 and she started having annual MRIs when she neared 40.
- Ford Warriors in Pink and Lifetime Join Forces on ‘Five,’ an Original Movie That Tells Breast Cancer Stories of Five Women
DEARBORN – Breast cancer is more than a disease, more than statistics. It’s people, whose lives are forever changed by a diagnosis. Their stories are the basis of "Five," a movie that will premiere on Lifetime on Oct. 10 in collaboration with Ford Warriors in Pink.
- Ford Celebrates 17-Year Commitment to Fighting Breast Cancer
DEARBORN - October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Ford will celebrate its long-standing commitment to fighting the disease that claims the lives of more than a half million people each year with a month-long series of activities beginning with the symbolic lighting of Ford World Headquarters on Saturday, Oct. 1. The building will be lit each night of the month to honor those whose lives have been touched by breast cancer.
- Ford Employee Shares Story of Survival on Eve of Warriors in Pink Day
DEARBORN - Ford Market Representation Specialist Robin Glover will never forget the moment her doctor told her she had breast cancer.
- Ford Marks 17th Year of Support for Breast Cancer Awareness, More Than $110 Million Dedicated to the Cause; Ford Survivor Shares Personal Story
DEARBORN – Ford employee Robin Glover will never forget the moment her doctor told her she had breast cancer. “When you get that diagnosis, you don’t hear anything,” she said. “My whole body went numb, and it wasn’t until I got in my car and was driving home that it really sunk in what was about to happen to me.”