- Vandemonium Builds as MAKE Magazine and Ford Ask Voters to Choose Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Transit Connect
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company and MAKE magazine are asking for the public’s help in deciding among 10 innovative proposals for a one-of-a-kind Ford Transit Connect Wagon as part of the Ultimate Maker Vehicle Challenge.
- 2014 Ford Transit Connect Gets Sizzling New Look Courtesy of Hot Wheels for SEMA
LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company’s 2014 Transit Connect is tearing up the Las Vegas Strip with a sizzling new look courtesy of Hot Wheels®.
- New Transit Connect Makes a French Connection
PARIS, France – Ford’s new Transit Connect this week makes its French debut at the international building exhibition BATIMAT in Paris.
- Next-Generation Ford Transit Connect Taxi: ‘Taxi of the Future’ Arrives in Hong Kong
HONG KONG — Ford Motor Company today unveiled the all-new 2014 Transit Connect Taxi – purpose-built for the for Hong Kong market – that provides an unmatched combination of performance, passenger comfort, safety, and flexibility.
- Next-Generation Ford Transit Connect Taxi: Taxi of the Future with Increased Space, Performance and CNG/LPG Capability
DEARBORN - Ford, America’s commercial truck and van leader, introduces the all-new 2014 Transit Connect Taxi, providing best-in-class performance, low operating costs, and improved comfort and flexibility for the North American taxi market.
- Transit Connect Wins ‘International Van of the Year 2014’
MOSCOW – The Transit Connect has been named “International Van of the Year 2014” at the COMTRANS commercial vehicle exhibition in Moscow as Ford became the first single manufacturer to win the award for two consecutive years.
- All-New Ford Transit Connect Offers Class-Leading Fuel Economy, Load Carrying Ability and Durability
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford’s all-new Ford Transit Connect, offers van operators class-leading fuel economy, load carrying ability and durability and is now available to order in European showrooms for delivery in late 2013.
- All-New Ford Transit Connect Delivers Smart Cargo Solutions
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford’s all-new Transit Connect delivers class-leading load-carrying capability to make work easier for plumbers, electricians and other trades.
- All-New Ford Transit Connect Offers Best-in-Class Fuel Efficiency
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford has announced the all-new Ford Transit Connect that will be launched later this year will offer best-in-class fuel efficiency
- Ford in the Press (Week 17)
Ford Transit Custom, Ford Fiesta ST, Ford Kuga and Ford Transit Connect are all big winners in the press this week...
- Ford Announces All-Star Line-Up for International CV Show
BIRMINGHAM, England – Ford will exhibit its widest and most high-tech line-up of commercial vehicles ever at the International CV Show 2013 at the NEC, Birmingham.
- Built Ford Tough Defines Commercial Van Lineup at NAIAS
DETROIT - When we hear the words “Built Ford Tough” most of us think of Ford’s best-selling F-Series trucks. But the mantra also defines the company’s commercial van lineup, and that message is being reinforced this year with the introduction of the new Transit family of vehicles at the 2013 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
- Next-Generation Ford Transit Connect Breaks New Ground in Commercial Van Fuel Efficiency with 30+ MPG
DEARBORN – With global commercial vehicle sales expected to jump significantly during the next several years, Ford’s all-new 2014 Transit Connect cargo van is set to provide cost-conscious commercial fleets and small business owners with unmatched fuel economy and versatility in an expanding commercial vehicle market.
- Ford Introduces New Seven-Passenger People Mover with a Difference: Transit Connect Wagon First to Exceed 30 MPG
DEARBORN – Ford, the most fuel-efficient full-line manufacturer, introduces the first seven-passenger people mover expected to break the 30 mpg-plus highway barrier with the all-new Transit Connect Wagon, which drives like a car, has the flexibility of a utility and can haul the payload of a full-size pickup.
- Ford Vans Are Most Reliable Say Top UK Fleets
Ford builds the most reliable commercial vehicles according to a survey of the 50 largest contract UK hire and leasing companies.
- Ford’s Fuel-Efficient Lineup Delivers Best Small Car October Sales Since 2001
DEARBORN – Ford total U.S. sales grew across the portfolio in October, with cars up 2 percent, utilities rising 2 percent, Ford F-Series pickups up 8 percent and Ford Econoline and Ford Transit Connect sales gaining 19 and 22 percent, respectively.
- Ford and MobilityWorks Commercial Offer Wheelchair Accessibility Solution for Nation’s Taxi Fleets
DEARBORN – Taxi operators looking for a fuel-efficient wheelchair-accessible vehicle have a new solution – Ford Transit Connect customized by MobilityWorks Commercial.
- Global Premiere for All-New Ford Transit Custom on Ford’s Biggest Ever CV Show Stand
BIRMINGHAM, England – Ford is set to steal the headlines at the Birmingham Commercial Vehicle Show with the world premiere of the Transit Custom being the star attraction on the company’s biggest ever CV show stand.
- Ford Taxis Help San Francisco Meet Aggressive Guidelines Set by 2008 Law
SAN FRANCISCO – Ford’s role in helping San Francisco become what some call the “Greenest Taxi City in America” is being celebrated today as part of an event highlighting the city’s success in reducing fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Ford Showcases Commercial Vehicle Portfolio at Media Forum
DEARBORN - Most people don’t pay much attention to commercial vehicles when they are going about their daily lives. But commercial vehicles make modern life possible. They are the shuttle busses that get you from your plane back to the parking lot, the trucks that deliver bread to your local grocery store or the police cars that patrol your community.
- Ford Motor Company and Azure Dynamics Introduce Transit Connect Electric Wagon
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company and Azure Dynamics Corporation (TSX: AZD)(OTC: AZDDF) today announced the newest electrified commercial vehicle product on the market, the Ford Transit Connect Electric Wagon. The Wagon is a logical next step for Azure and Ford which first introduced an electrified Transit Connect in December 2010.
- New England Cab Company Improves Global Footprint by Adding 35 CNG-Powered Ford Transit Connect Taxis
DEARBORN – The global footprint of a New England cab company is a few sizes smaller after it put 35 compressed natural gas (CNG)-powered Ford Transit Connect Taxis into service.
- First CNG-Powered Ford Transit Connect Taxis Begin Servicing Greater Los Angeles Area
DEARBORN – California's first compressed natural gas (CNG)-powered Ford Transit Connect Taxis hit the greater Los Angeles area today, giving taxi owners, drivers and passengers a chance to help the environment one small trip at a time.
- Ford Transit Connect Brings a New Shape to New York City Taxis
NEW YORK – The first Ford Transit Connect Taxis in New York City are now in service and soon will be joined by hundreds more as orders and interest soar for the versatile vehicle.
- Ford Teams Up with Hispanic Federation to Fight Hunger in New York City
NEW YORK - Food is one of the basic necessities of life, and yet it is taken for granted by most of us. Food is a serious concern for many, and feeding the hungry is an important part of building stronger communities and a better world. "Partners on the Go" is a new hunger relief initiative launched by Ford Motor Company Fund and the Hispanic Federation. Ford has donated a Transit Connect van to the Federation to get the effort rolling.
- New York City Approves Ford Transit Connect Taxi for Use; Versatile Cabs to Start Hitting Streets in Late Summer
NEW YORK - New York City officials named Ford Transit Connect a taxi of today, green-lighting the nimble, fuel-efficient vehicle for use in the Big Apple.
- A Taxi Trend: Ford Transit Connect Compressed Natural Gas Taxis Heading to Los Angeles and Chicago
DEARBORN – The next time you hail a taxi, you could be jumping in to one that runs on compressed natural gas (CNG). Chicago and Los Angeles are now the two latest cities to roll out Ford Transit Connect Taxis fueled by CNG.