- Transit Wins Major British Gas Order
BRENTWOOD, England – British Gas has ordered 520 Transit models for use by its central heating engineers.
- Kansas City Assembly Plant to Add Third Shift to Meet Ford F-150 Truck Demand
CLAYCOMO, Mo. - Ford Motor Company’s Kansas City Assembly Plant (KCAP) announced plans Thursday to add a third shift to keep up with customer demand for the Ford F-150. The announcement comes after the company’s $1.1 billion investment in 2011, which supported manufacturing upgrades and retooling at the Claycomo plant.
- Ford Adding 2,000-Plus Jobs at Kansas City Assembly to Support Surging F-150 Demand, Ford Transit Launch
CLAYCOMO, Mo. – Ford, the industry’s truck leader, will add more than 2,000 jobs at its Kansas City Assembly Plant to meet surging demand for the Ford F-150 and planned production of the all-new Ford Transit.
- South Africa Celebrates New Vehicle Launches with Employees
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa — Ford Motor Company of South Africa (FMCSA) employees recently attended the much awaited launch of the new Ford Fiesta, Kuga and Transit in Johannesburg.
- Transit Custom and Ranger Win UK Awards
Brentwood, England – Ford has claimed a double victory at the 2013 Trade Van Driver Awards, with the Transit Custom and Ranger pick-up receiving top honours.
- Ford to Reveal Complete New Transit Family in Birmingham
BRENTWOOD, ENGLAND - Ford of Europe will deliver the final stage in the renewal of its entire commercial vehicle line-up at the Birmingham CV Show on April 9
- All-New Ford Transit Chassis Cab and Cutaway Versions Join Widest Range of Commercial Chassis Offerings
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company announced today the introduction of the all-new Transit chassis cab and cutaway models, engineered to tackle an almost unlimited variety of specialized jobs and vocations.
- Ford Transit Endures 10 years of Punishment in 180 Days
LOMMEL, Belgium – Ford’s Transit engineers are well-known for their passion for commercial vehicles. In the case of the all-new Transit Custom one-tonne van it was more like tough love.
- Ford Announces All-Star Line-Up for International CV Show
BIRMINGHAM, England – Ford will exhibit its widest and most high-tech line-up of commercial vehicles ever at the International CV Show 2013 at the NEC, Birmingham.
- Social Media Hub: The 2014 Transit Combinator
DEARBORN - Business owners looking for the perfect company van to fit their business can do just that with the new 2014 Transit Combinator.
- Built Ford Tough Defines Commercial Van Lineup at NAIAS
DETROIT - When we hear the words “Built Ford Tough” most of us think of Ford’s best-selling F-Series trucks. But the mantra also defines the company’s commercial van lineup, and that message is being reinforced this year with the introduction of the new Transit family of vehicles at the 2013 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
- Ford Sales in Russia Up 11 per cent in 2012; Focus, Kuga and Transit Achieve Record Sales in December
MOSCOW, Russia – Ford Sollers today confirmed that Ford vehicle sales in Russia increased by 11 per cent in 2012, with 130,815 units sold in total.
- With Leading Fuel Economy, All-New Ford Transit Changes Game in Full-Size Commercial Vans
DEARBORN – The familiar van that delivers packages or shuttles you to the airport is about to change in a revolutionary way. Ford’s all-new full-size 2014 Transit van will provide professional tradesmen and commercial fleet customers with unmatched fuel economy, innovative new configurations and leading versatility in the expanding commercial vehicle market.
- Advanced, Fuel-Efficient 3.2-Liter Power Stroke Turbo Diesel Makes North American Debut in All-New 2014 Ford Transit
DEARBORN – Ford’s all-new Transit full-size van, which goes on sale late next year, will be offered with a new clean-running 3.2-liter Power Stroke® five-cylinder diesel, further bolstering Ford’s lineup of fuel-efficient cars, trucks and SUVs.
- Ranger and Transit Custom Drive Off with What Van? Awards
BRENTWOOD, UK - The new Ford Transit Custom has been awarded the prestigious What Van? Van of the Year Award for 2013, with the Ford Ranger collecting the Pick-up of the Year title.
- Ford Vans Are Most Reliable Say Top UK Fleets
Ford builds the most reliable commercial vehicles according to a survey of the 50 largest contract UK hire and leasing companies.
- Fleet Awards for Transit Models
STRATFORD-UPON-AVON, England - Ford models scored a double triumph in the 2012 ACFO Award, which are presented by Britain’s fleet decision-makers.
- Ford Vietnam Hosts Week For Transit Owners To Thank Loyal Customers
HANOI, Vietnam — Ford Vietnam is rewarding its Transit customers in appreciation for their unwavering loyalty to the Blue Oval.
- All-New Transit, Transit Connect Unveiled; The Next Generation of Commercial Vans
DEARBORN/AMSTERDAM - The future of Ford vans was revealed last month at the Go Further event in Amsterdam. Next year, the all-new Ford Transit full-size van and Transit Connect compact van will start sales in North America.
- Ford Transit Backs Sir Ranulph Fiennes’ Latest Arctic Challenge
BRENTWOOD, UK – Ford is behind Sir Ranulph Fiennes’ latest record breaking challenge - "The Coldest Journey", a six-month expedition across Antarctica during the southern winter.
- New Ford Transit Custom Wins ‘International Van of the Year’
HANNOVER, Germany – The all-new Ford Transit Custom was named “International Van of the Year 2013” – to become the fourth member of the Transit family to win the highly-prized award – at the Hannover IAA Commercial Vehicle Show.
- All-New Ford Transit Makes Global Public Debut
HANOVER, Germany – The all-new Ford Transit makes its global public debut today at the Hanover IAA Commercial Vehicle Show, marking the arrival of a new generation of global Transit commercial vehicles.
- New Transit Models Ready To Impress IVOTY Jury
MUNICH, Germany – The jury members for the International Van of the Year award are in Munich, Germany today to spend two days testing and evaluating the new Ford Transit Custom and Tourneo Custom models.
- Ford UK Engineering and Manufacturing Support Production Launch of All-New Ford Transit Custom and Tourneo Custom
BRENTWOOD, UK – Production of the all-new Ford Transit Custom and Tourneo Custom is now underway at the Kocaeli plant in Turkey.
- First All-New Ford Transit Custom and Tourneo Custom Roll Off Production Line
COLOGNE, Germany – The all-new Ford Transit Custom and Tourneo Custom roll off the assembly line for the first time today at Kocaeli in Turkey.
- All-New Ford Transit Custom And Tourneo Custom Confirmed For South African Introduction
PRETORIA, South Africa — Ford will enter the Mini Bus and Large Panel Van segment with a competitive offering as the all-new Transit Custom and Tourneo Custom models head to South African shores in the first quarter of 2013.
- All-New Ford Transit Custom’s Smart Storage Solutions Deliver Class-Leading Load-Carrying Ability
DUNTON, UK – Ford’s all-new Transit Custom delivers class-leading load-carrying ability to make lighter work for plumbers, electricians and all trades which rely on a van to run their business.
- Ford Sollers Produces 5,000th Transit
ELABUGA, Tatarstan, Russia – The 5,000th Ford Transit has rolled off the production line at the Ford Sollers joint venture plant in Elabuga, Russia.
- Ford Odontomóvel Completes One Year of Service in Camaçari
CAMAÇARI, Brazil – In a little more than one year of service, Odontomóvel Camaçari, a partnership between Ford and the City Hall, served approximately 400 children at public schools of the city, by going to the seashore, as well as to urban and rural areas. Over 700 restorations have been performed, which ensured, besides a perfect smile, better self-esteem for the children.
- Global Premiere for All-New Ford Transit Custom on Ford’s Biggest Ever CV Show Stand
BIRMINGHAM, England – Ford is set to steal the headlines at the Birmingham Commercial Vehicle Show with the world premiere of the Transit Custom being the star attraction on the company’s biggest ever CV show stand.