- Thanks a million, Transit
As Transit celebrates its 50th anniversary, the robustness of Ford’s medium commercial is being widely acknowledged.
- As Iconic Ford Transit Turns 50, New Study Shows Vans Remain €580 Billion Backbone of European Economy
Cologne, Germany – A half century after Ford Motor Company introduced the iconic Transit, commercial vans continue to make a significant and growing contribution to the European economy, according to a new study.
- Ford Transit Bags Birthday Award from Auto Express
BRENTWOOD, England - The jumbo Ford Transit has been named “Van of the Year” by Auto Express, the third consecutive year that a Ford Transit vehicle has been awarded the title.
- Ford Wins Order For Transit Custom Emergency Response Vehicles
Ford will deliver 189 Transit Custom models to gas distribution company SGN, which manages the gas distribution network to 5.8 million homes and businesses in the UK.
- ‘Transit Show Live’ Highlights Smart Ford Technologies in UK’s Favourite Commercial Vehicles
Ford Transit Centres are the venues for a series of ‘Transit Show Live’ events in the UK that will showcase the latest technologies and features in the expanded Ford Transit commercial vehicle range.
- World Champion Windsurfer is New Ford Transit Ambassador
Famous French windsurfer Antoine Albeau has officially teamed-up with Ford of France as the ambassador of the new Ford Transit.
- Ford Transit is Top Choice for T.O.M. Customers
One of the U.K.’s fastest growing commercial vehicle rental companies has just taken delivery of 330 new Ford Transit models, which take its Ford orders to more than 1,000 over the past year.
- Ford Transit Courier is What Van? Van of the Year 2015
The all-new Ford Transit Courier has received the top accolade at this year’s What Van? Awards by winning Van of the Year 2015.
- Ford Shuttle Service Upgrades Fleet, Saves Money
A transformation is taking place across the Ford Dearborn campus that aims to save the company thousands of dollars each year.
- How Do You Prepare the All-New Ford Transit for Ten Year’s Hard Labour? With Six Months of Intense Punishment
LOMMEL, Belgium – Few products now come with the expectation they will work just as well ten years down the line – especially if they are likely to be subjected to an extremely punishing working life, day in, day out.
- All-New Ford Transit: Better Gas Mileage Than E-Series; Best-in-Class Gas Engine Torque, Cargo Capacity
DEARBORN, Mich. – The all-new 2015 Ford Transit, America’s newest Built Ford Tough van, delivers as much as 46 percent better gas mileage than Ford E-Series and offers Ford van customers more choices and capability than ever.
- Fleet Customers, Commercial Business Owners, Ford Dealers Invited to Test Drive All-New Ford Transit on National Truth About Transit Tour
Ford Motor Company is offering an exclusive opportunity for fleet owners, commercial customers and dealers to drive and learn about the all-new 2015 Ford Transit.
- Ford Transit Drives off with Van of The Year Award
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford Transit has been named TheVanWebsite.co.uk’s Van of the Year 2014.
- 2,000 New KCAP Employees Start Production of 2015 Ford Transit Van
Supported by 2,000 new employees and a $1.1 billion investment, the all-new Ford Transit van rolls off the line at Kansas City Assembly Plant today, as Ford aims to strengthen its leadership in the commercial vehicle segment.
- Ford in the Press – Week ending 21.03.14
The Ford Transit family and new Ford Focus all feature prominently in the press this week.
- All-New Ford Transit and Transit Connect Take Double Win in Gruelling Arctic Van Test
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company has achieved a landmark double victory in one of the most gruelling tests of vehicle performance on the planet – the Arctic Van Test.
- Ford Motor Company Announces the Launch of the Ford Transit in Malaysia
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Ford Motor Company and Sime Darby Auto Connexion (SDAC) this week announced that the locally-assembled Ford Transit commercial van will be available in Ford showrooms throughout Malaysia early next month.
- Ford Transit Custom Ambulances to the Rescue for Bavarian Red Cross
COLOGNE, Germany - The Bavarian Red Cross (BRK) has taken delivery of the first four of 300 brand new Ford Transit Custom ambulances.
- All-new Ford Transit Delivers Unrivalled Cost of Ownership and Load Carrying Capability; Flagship Model Available to Order Now
COLOGNE, Germany - Ford’s all-new Transit commercial vehicle will provide businesses with best-in-class cost-of-ownership and load carrying capability when it hits European roads early in 2014.
- Ford to Drive Growth in 2014
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company next year will launch 23 new vehicles to customers around the world, open three more manufacturing facilities and add more than 5,000 new jobs in the United States to meet growing demand for its products.
- L'argus Magazine Crowns Ford Transit Connect Van of the Year 2014
PARIS, France – Ford Transit Connect has been crowned Van of the Year 2014 by French Magazine L’argus.
- Ford Transit Voted UK’s Favourite Large Used Van
BRENTWOOD, England - The Ford Transit claimed victory in the 3.5-tonne van category at the 2013 Commercial Motor Used Truck of the Year Awards.
- Vandemonium in Vegas! Ford Prepares to Unleash 10 Custom Transit Connect Vehicles at SEMA 2013
DEARBORN - Ford’s all-new Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect cargo van will roar into the Specialty Equipment Market Association’s annual show with 10 custom-modified versions at the Las Vegas Convention Center Nov. 5-8.
- New High-Roof Ford Transit Custom Now Available to Order
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford has announced a new high-roof version of the Transit Custom one-tonne commercial vehicle offering 20 per cent more load volume than the low-roof model is now available to order in Europe for delivery later this year.
- Ford Thanks Southampton City with Transit Minibus Donation
BRENTWOOD, England – Ford has donated one of the last Transit mini-buses built at its Southampton Assembly Plant to Southampton City Council, in recognition of its long-standing relationship with the city and its community.
- Ford Celebrates Production of 7 Millionth Transit Van
NANCHANG, China — Ford Motor Company today announced production of the seven millionth Transit, the popular commercial van launched in 1965 in Europe and now being extended to 118 markets across six continents.
- Ford Celebrates Production of 7 Millionth Transit Van
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company today announced production of the seven millionth Transit, the popular commercial van launched in 1965 in Europe and now being extended to 118 markets across six continents.
- Transit Wins Major British Gas Order
BRENTWOOD, England – British Gas has ordered 520 Transit models for use by its central heating engineers.
- Kansas City Assembly Plant to Add Third Shift to Meet Ford F-150 Truck Demand
CLAYCOMO, Mo. - Ford Motor Company’s Kansas City Assembly Plant (KCAP) announced plans Thursday to add a third shift to keep up with customer demand for the Ford F-150. The announcement comes after the company’s $1.1 billion investment in 2011, which supported manufacturing upgrades and retooling at the Claycomo plant.
- Ford Adding 2,000-Plus Jobs at Kansas City Assembly to Support Surging F-150 Demand, Ford Transit Launch
CLAYCOMO, Mo. – Ford, the industry’s truck leader, will add more than 2,000 jobs at its Kansas City Assembly Plant to meet surging demand for the Ford F-150 and planned production of the all-new Ford Transit.