- Innovative Smartphone App Saves Ford Factory Workers Daily 1 Kilometre Walk, Enhances Quality and Efficiency
More than a century after Henry Ford started the first moving assembly line, Ford Motor Company is bringing his pioneering invention into the smartphone age.
- Ford to Premiere New Vehicle, Unveil In-Car Technology at Mobile World Congress, CEO Mark Fields to Deliver Keynote
Ford will introduce a new vehicle for Europe, unveil new advanced in-car technology and detail the latest progress on the Ford Smart Mobility plan at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
- New Ford Lab Integrates Wearables and Vehicles; Ford Looks at Linking Health Data to Driver-Assist Technology
The connection between what you wear and what you drive is getting stronger with help from Ford’s new wearables research laboratory.
- Ford Invests in Making Customer Experience as Strong as Its Cars, SUVs, Trucks and Electrified Vehicles with FordPass
As part of its transformation into an auto and mobility company, Ford is introducing FordPass® – a platform that reimagines the relationship between automaker and consumer.
- Intensive Dune Buggy Desert Routes and Arctic Testing Help Ensure Ford Intelligent All Wheel Drive is Ready for Anything
Deep in California’s Mojave Desert, extreme sports enthusiasts pilot quadbikes, motorbikes and “sand rail” dune buggies up and down towering sand dunes.
- New Ford Autonomous Tech Turns Traffic Jams into Chill Time and Parks Your Car by Remote Control
Being stuck in a traffic jam can be tiring, stressful and tedious. But that is exactly what drivers in Europe do for 30 hours every year on average. Ford is currently developing a technology that could make driving in congestion more relaxing.
- Ford Develops High-Tech Plasma Process That Can Save an Engine from the Scrapyard While Reducing CO2 Emissions
Ford is recycling old engines so they can be used again with the help of a special Ford-patented plasma coating technology. The process delivers a 50 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions compared with producing a new engine, requiring much less material.
- Unique Ford Suit Helps Teach Young People the Dangerous Effects of Driving Under the Influence of Illegal Drugs
Ford Motor Company has created a unique suit to dramatically teach young people about the dangers of driving under the influence of illegal drugs.
- Ford First Automaker to Test Autonomous Vehicle at Mcity, University of Michigan’s Simulated Urban Environment
Ford is the first automaker to test autonomous vehicles at Mcity – the full-scale simulated real-world urban environment at the University of Michigan. The 32-acre facility is part of the university’s Mobility Transformation Center.
- How New Ford Technology Can Make Your Car Work Like a Giant Pair of Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Whether used for minimising background noise on a business flight, or silencing the babble of commuters on a train, noise-cancelling headphones have made journeys more serene and enjoyable for millions. Now, Ford has applied the same thinking to its cars.
- 3D Printing Helps Ford Develop Cars Faster – and Means You Can Build a Supercar in Your Own Home
Here’s a reason to add a 3D printer to your Christmas list. The technology can now be used at home to print models of some of Ford’s most desired cars, including the all-new Ford GT, Ford Mustang, and Focus RS.
- Ask the Expert about Front Wide View Camera
Ford’s Front Split View Camera offers a 180-degree view of traffic approaching that drivers would otherwise have to edge forwards to see.
- Understanding AWD
Ford engineer Derek Ward explains the difference between AWD and 4WD in the first of a new series of short videos showing on @Ford Online.
- All-New Ford S-MAX and Galaxy Achieve Maximum 5-Star Euro NCAP Safety Ratings
The all-new Ford S-MAX sports activity vehicle and Galaxy people mover have been awarded the maximum 5-star safety rating by independent crash test authority Euro NCAP.
- Ford Helps To Develop Belgian solar racer
As part of the preparations for the biennial World Solar Challenge in Australia, the unofficial world championship for vehicles powered by solar energy, the Belgian Punch Powertrain Solar Team from the University of Leuven recently spend a day at the Ford Development Centre in Merkenich.
- European Drivers Love New Semi-Autonomous Technology According to Research for Ford Car Buying Trends 2015
Autonomous vehicles may still be a way down the road. But drivers across Europe are showing an increasing appetite for the semi-autonomous technologies that are building blocks towards the cars of the future, according to a new Ford Motor Company study on buying trends in Europe
- Innovation Workshop Gives Media a Taste of Future Ford Technologies
AACHEN, Germany – More than 20 media were given a fascinating glimpse into the future of Ford technology at a special Innovation Workshop held at Ford’s Aachen research centre in Germany.
- Ford Developing Advanced Headlights that Point Out People, Animals in the Dark, and Widen Beams at Tricky Junctions
Driving at night, particularly on unlit roads, can be a nerve-wracking experience. Ford is developing new lighting technologies that will enable drivers to more easily identify potential hazards, including pedestrians, cyclists and animals.
- Now That’s A Breath of Fresh Air! Ford Air Filtration Enables City Drivers to Breathe Air That is Cleaner Than in The Country
Did you know that sneezing while driving at 95 km/h may result in “driving blind” for up to 20 metres?
- ‘We’re Seeing More Emotive Design’
COLOGNE, Germany – Joel Piaskowski explains how new technologies and materials are shaping vehicle design in this senior executive interview with @Ford.
- Over 1-in-3 in Europe Risk Their Lives by Ignoring Rear Seatbelt Laws, New Ford Survey Shows
For the vast majority of motorists, wearing a seatbelt in the front seat of a car has become a habit, reflecting progressively tougher seatbelt laws across Europe and increased public awareness of the safety benefits.
- Instant Football Scores for Drivers, Ford Announces 6 New Voice-Activated Apps for AppLink in Europe and Asia
Ford today announced six new apps for Europe and Asia Pacific that customers will be able to voice-activate using Ford SYNC with AppLink technology, and stay connected on the move
- New Ford App Enables Drivers to Charge Electric Vehicles from a Smartphone
Ford is launching a new app that enables electric vehicle drivers to remotely connect their smartphone with the car to manage charging – and even set a chosen cabin temperature before their journey
- Ford Smart Mobility Plan Expanded at Mobile World Congress with Electric Bike Experiment For Connected Urban Journeys
Ford Motor Company is expanding its global Ford Smart Mobility plan with a new experiment to study how electric bicycles can work seamlessly with cars and public transport to deliver faster and easier daily commutes and help businesses operating in urban centres
- Ford to Reveal Next Step for Smart Mobility Plan at Mobile World Congress
Ford will announce a next step in the company’s Smart Mobility plan at Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, next week.
- Ford Accelerates Carbon Fibre Research to Drive Innovation in Manufacturing Technology
Ford Motor Company has announced a significant new collaboration to develop manufacturing innovations in automotive-grade carbon fibre for use in future products.
- A driverless transport system – DTS for short – brings the necessary material directly to the assembly line in Niehl
Transport carts move backwards and forwards as if controlled by ghosts over a distance of more than 700 metres in the Y-Hall between the marketplace and the assembly line of the tailgate handle.
- Ford UK Dealers Host Nationwide Tech Event
Ford, together with its UK national dealer network, is inviting customers to test its latest technologies at a new event called Ford Tech Live.
- Ask the Expert about Ford Pedestrian Detection Technology
Ford’s Pedestrian Detection technology makes its debut on new Mondeo and is designed to detect people in the road ahead, issue a warning to the driver, and then brake to prevent a collision.
- Ford’s Quickclear Windscreen System Delivers Convenience And Safety During Wintery Weather
With cold weather sweeping across many parts of Europe, Ford’s patented Quickclear Windscreen system is helping drivers to quickly and conveniently clear their windscreens and get on their way.