- All-New Ford S-MAX and Galaxy Achieve Maximum 5-Star Euro NCAP Safety Ratings
The all-new Ford S-MAX sports activity vehicle and Galaxy people mover have been awarded the maximum 5-star safety rating by independent crash test authority Euro NCAP.
- Ford Helps To Develop Belgian solar racer
As part of the preparations for the biennial World Solar Challenge in Australia, the unofficial world championship for vehicles powered by solar energy, the Belgian Punch Powertrain Solar Team from the University of Leuven recently spend a day at the Ford Development Centre in Merkenich.
- European Drivers Love New Semi-Autonomous Technology According to Research for Ford Car Buying Trends 2015
Autonomous vehicles may still be a way down the road. But drivers across Europe are showing an increasing appetite for the semi-autonomous technologies that are building blocks towards the cars of the future, according to a new Ford Motor Company study on buying trends in Europe
- Innovation Workshop Gives Media a Taste of Future Ford Technologies
AACHEN, Germany – More than 20 media were given a fascinating glimpse into the future of Ford technology at a special Innovation Workshop held at Ford’s Aachen research centre in Germany.
- Ford Developing Advanced Headlights that Point Out People, Animals in the Dark, and Widen Beams at Tricky Junctions
Driving at night, particularly on unlit roads, can be a nerve-wracking experience. Ford is developing new lighting technologies that will enable drivers to more easily identify potential hazards, including pedestrians, cyclists and animals.
- Now That’s A Breath of Fresh Air! Ford Air Filtration Enables City Drivers to Breathe Air That is Cleaner Than in The Country
Did you know that sneezing while driving at 95 km/h may result in “driving blind” for up to 20 metres?
- ‘We’re Seeing More Emotive Design’
COLOGNE, Germany – Joel Piaskowski explains how new technologies and materials are shaping vehicle design in this senior executive interview with @Ford.
- Over 1-in-3 in Europe Risk Their Lives by Ignoring Rear Seatbelt Laws, New Ford Survey Shows
For the vast majority of motorists, wearing a seatbelt in the front seat of a car has become a habit, reflecting progressively tougher seatbelt laws across Europe and increased public awareness of the safety benefits.
- Instant Football Scores for Drivers, Ford Announces 6 New Voice-Activated Apps for AppLink in Europe and Asia
Ford today announced six new apps for Europe and Asia Pacific that customers will be able to voice-activate using Ford SYNC with AppLink technology, and stay connected on the move
- New Ford App Enables Drivers to Charge Electric Vehicles from a Smartphone
Ford is launching a new app that enables electric vehicle drivers to remotely connect their smartphone with the car to manage charging – and even set a chosen cabin temperature before their journey
- Ford Smart Mobility Plan Expanded at Mobile World Congress with Electric Bike Experiment For Connected Urban Journeys
Ford Motor Company is expanding its global Ford Smart Mobility plan with a new experiment to study how electric bicycles can work seamlessly with cars and public transport to deliver faster and easier daily commutes and help businesses operating in urban centres
- Ford to Reveal Next Step for Smart Mobility Plan at Mobile World Congress
Ford will announce a next step in the company’s Smart Mobility plan at Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, next week.
- Ford Accelerates Carbon Fibre Research to Drive Innovation in Manufacturing Technology
Ford Motor Company has announced a significant new collaboration to develop manufacturing innovations in automotive-grade carbon fibre for use in future products.
- A driverless transport system – DTS for short – brings the necessary material directly to the assembly line in Niehl
Transport carts move backwards and forwards as if controlled by ghosts over a distance of more than 700 metres in the Y-Hall between the marketplace and the assembly line of the tailgate handle.
- Ford UK Dealers Host Nationwide Tech Event
Ford, together with its UK national dealer network, is inviting customers to test its latest technologies at a new event called Ford Tech Live.
- Ask the Expert about Ford Pedestrian Detection Technology
Ford’s Pedestrian Detection technology makes its debut on new Mondeo and is designed to detect people in the road ahead, issue a warning to the driver, and then brake to prevent a collision.
- Ford’s Quickclear Windscreen System Delivers Convenience And Safety During Wintery Weather
With cold weather sweeping across many parts of Europe, Ford’s patented Quickclear Windscreen system is helping drivers to quickly and conveniently clear their windscreens and get on their way.
- Ford Plans to Build the World’s Most Advanced Environmental Test Facility in Germany
Germany will soon be home to some of the hottest and coldest temperatures, most arid and humid conditions, hurricane force wind speeds, and highest altitudes to be found anywhere on the planet courtesy of a new climatic wind tunnel test centre being built by Ford at its engineering centre in Merkenich, Cologne.
- Bloggers Put Ford’s Inflatable Rear Seatbelt to the Test
Ford’s ground breaking Inflatable Rear Seatbelt, which makes its European debut on the all-new Mondeo, has embarked on a pan-European tour to showcase its safety benefits.
- Ford Promotes Media Drive of New Ka
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford hold a press meeting to present New Ka and Ka+, during a convention that brought together auto and lifestyle journalists, as well as bloggers from different editorials such as technology, adventure, tourism among others.
- Ford Presents the Emergency Assistance SYNC of New Ka
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford hold a press conference in order to present the Emergency Assistance feature through Brazilian media. The new technology will be launched in Brazil within New Ka, expanding the functionality of SYNC connectivity system. Basically, the system is programmed to automatically dial the 911 emergency services, for help if you’re in an accident. If an accident with airbag activation or cutting fuel system occurs, which can occur in rear-end collisions or rollovers, SYNC performs an automatic call via cell phone paired to the 911 emergency services, stating your location and connecting passengers.
- Ford Helps Develop Future Co-Operative Intelligent Transport Systems in Europe; Presents DRIVE C2X Findings in Berlin
BERLIN, Germany – Ford Motor Company will today present its findings from a three-year research project into car-to-car and car-to-infrastructure communication technologies that could deliver early warnings of hazards, reduce congestion and improve road safety.
- Ford Builds on Advanced Materials Use in All-New F-150 with Lightweight Concept Car
SAN FRANCISCO – Ford Motor Company today unveiled its Lightweight Concept vehicle, which uses advanced materials to explore future weight-reduction solutions that could improve performance and fuel efficiency while reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
- Advanced Technologies Keep Drivers Connected in the All-New Mustang
DEARBORN - From the inside out, the all-new Ford Mustang not only is a performance leader in its segment, but a high-tech force to be reckoned with on the road. Equipped with new driver assist technologies and innovative mobile capabilities, drivers will have a more connected experience in the Mustang than ever before.
- Demand for All-Wheel Drive Ford Vehicles Triples as Technology Moves Beyond Big Trucks, SUVs
DEARBORN - Consumers have traditionally associated all-wheel drive with large SUVs and pickup trucks, but a new breed of more efficient and affordable all-wheel- drive systems is showing up in unexpected segments such as midsize sedans, helping fuel demand for vehicles equipped with the technology.
- Ford Edge Concept Makes European Motor Show Debut in Geneva; Previews New Large Upscale SUV for Europe
GENEVA, Switzerland – The all-new Ford Edge Concept today made its European public motor show debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show – giving a strong indication of the technology, design and craftsmanship direction of the company’s new large SUV for Europe.
- For Valentine’s Day, Ford Shows Its Love Affair with Mustang by 3D-Printing the Iconic Sports Car in Candy
DEARBORN – Fall in love with chocolate and candy Mustangs this Valentine’s Day. To celebrate, Ford Motor Company today revealed all-new miniature chocolate and peppermint candy Mustangs made with a 3D printer.
- Ford NAIAS Stand Showcases Product, Technology
DETROIT - The Ford display at the 2014 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) was purposefully designed to bring one overarching Ford message to life, according to David Tillapaugh, Global Auto Show Operations manager.
- How Ford Uses Robots in Vehicle Testing, Assembly
DEARBORN - Robotics play a vital role in the automotive industry today, and Ford is leading the way in its use of robotics in plants, in vehicle durability testing and even out on the test track.
- Journalists Experience Ford’s Obstacle Avoidance Technology Firsthand
DEARBORN - Journalists from throughout the United States recently were invited to Ford’s Dearborn Development Center (DCC) test track in Dearborn, Mich., to experience Ford’s Advanced Obstacle Avoidance System firsthand. This was the first time Ford has demonstrated the obstacle avoidance system in a Ford Focus in North America.