- Ford Awarded Again for Keeping Consumers Connected
BEIJING – Ford’s ground-breaking efforts to keep consumers connected are again winning recognition around the globe.
- Fiesta-Based eWheelDrive Research Vehicle Revealed
LOMMEL, Belgium – Ford Motor Company and Schaeffler today demonstrated the Fiesta-based eWheelDrive car, a driveable research vehicle that could lead to improvements in urban mobility and parking by making possible smaller, more agile cars.
- Drivers Embrace Rear View Cameras - Now Ford’s Fastest-Growing Driver Aid
COLOGNE, Germany – Reversing and parking are among the biggest sources of stress for many drivers; and now more and more Ford customers are buying cars that make those activities easier.
- Meet Ford’s Robot Doctor
COLOGNE, Germany - Working for 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the high-tech robots at Ford’s state-of-the-art production facility in Niehl, Cologne, Germany, sometimes get sick.
- Ford Developer Program Issues Call to App Developers; Attracts More Than 2,500 Global Registrations in First Month
BARCELONA, Spain – Ford today announced an open call for mobile application developers to register for the Ford Developer Program, an automotive industry first that enables software developers to directly interface with the Ford SYNC AppLink system to create apps that will enhance the driving experience.
- Ford Technology Development Efforts Recognized on the Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators List
DEARBORN – Technological innovation has been at the heart of Ford Motor Company for more than a century and this year Thomson Reuters has recognized that with a place on its Top 100 Global Innovators list. The full list can be found at http://www.top100innovators.com.
- Ford Develops Carbon Fibre Technology that Could Deliver More Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
DUSSELDORF, Germany – Ford Motor Company has demonstrated a prototype carbon fibre bonnet that could help lower fuel consumption for Ford customers.
- Ford Brazil Presents the All-New EcoSport to Latin American Press in Natal, Northeastern Brazil
NATAL, Brazil – From August, 4 to 6, Ford presented the all-new EcoSport to the Latin American Press in the tourist city of Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, northeastern Brazil. The press convention was attended by 200 journalists and bloggers from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Mexico, who had the opportunity to drive for the first time the new global Ford SUV.
- Ford Begins Real-World Testing of Future Car-to-Car and Car-to-Infrastructure Communication Technologies in Europe
AACHEN, Germany – Ford Motor Company today begins real-world testing of future technologies as part of a research programme aimed at advancing car-to-car and car-to-infrastructure communication to European roads.
- Unique Strategies for Smoother Auto Start-Stop Control Yield More Than 25 Patent Applications for Ford
DEARBORN – In the quest to deliver better fuel efficiency for millions of drivers, Ford engineers have more than 25 patents pending for the $295 Auto Start-Stop on the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion. The best technology improves your life by doing its job effectively and then getting out of the way.
- Ford Investigates Making Parts Using Sisal – Renewable Material Source Found in Dartboards, Rope and Carpets
AACHEN, Germany – Ford of Europe engineers are investigating making car parts using sustainable fibres from sisal, a plant more frequently used in dartboards, carpets and rope.
- Ford Tests Limits of Human Colour Perception to Deliver Flawless Finish
AACHEN, Germany - The average person looking at a new car can quickly – and often subconsciously – determine whether colours in a car’s cabin match or clash.
- Ford Develops ‘Traffic Jam Assist’ and New Parking Technology to Help Address Future Mobility Challenges
AACHEN, Germany – Ford Motor Company is researching and developing intelligent, next-generation driving technologies designed to help address future mobility challenges that come with rapid urbanisation and population growth around the world.
- Ford Develops Innovative ‘Thermometer’ to Help Make Sure Interiors Meet Customer Expectations
AACHEN, Germany – Touching a metallic object we expect to be cold and finding it to be warm can have a negative effect on our perception of quality. That’s just one example of the complex relationship between materials, temperature and touch.
- Ford Fusion Auto Start-Stop System Priced at Only $295; Technology Delivers Thousands of Dollars in Fuel Savings
DEARBORN – With the national average price of gasoline nearing $4 a gallon, the new Ford Fusion offers yet another way for consumers to save money at the pump as the first non-hybrid midsize sedan available with Auto Start-Stop.
- Upgrades to VIRTTEX Help to Develop and Test Active Safety and Driver Aid Technologies
DEARBORN - Upgrades to company's state-of-the-art VIRtual Test Track EXperiment (VIRTTEX) simulator will help Ford's Product Development team continue to develop and test active safety and driver aid technologies that warn drivers of imminent collision, drowsiness and other potentially dangerous scenarios behind the wheel.
- Making the Car Social…Again
DEARBORN – At Ford, we’ve been facilitating social connections for more than a century. Just as Facebook wasn’t the first social network, Ford didn’t produce the first car. But, what Henry Ford and his team did was take a smarter approach by creating reliable and affordable transportation that put millions of people on the road around the world, thereby connecting more people with each other.
- Bill Ford discusses “Blueprint for Mobility”
BARCELONA, Spain - Bill Ford has become the first automotive leader to deliver the keynote address at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. He used the occasion to outline a plan for connected cars to help avoid a potential future of crippling congestion.
- Build Your Next Vehicle on Your Smartphone
DEARBORN - Not enough time in the day but you're looking to purchase a new car - shopping for a new vehicle while on the go just got easier from your smartphone.
- Ford Takes OpenXC Research Platform Global, Engaging Local Developers for Market-Specific Apps in India
MUMBAI, India – Whether they are in mature automotive markets like North America or Europe or in growth regions like India, drivers want to take advantage of increasingly ubiquitous mobile connectivity. At the NASSCOM India Leadership Summit, Ford demonstrated the OpenXC research platform and the potential of open-source application development for the automobile.
- Ford Upgrades Virtual Reality Simulator to Help Develop Future Safety Technologies, Driver Aids
DEARBORN – Upgrades to Ford’s full-motion virtual test track will help the automaker continue to develop and test active safety and driver aid technologies that warn drivers of imminent collision, drowsiness and other potentially dangerous scenarios behind the wheel.
- Ford Collaborates with Microsoft, Healthrageous and BlueMetal Architects for In-Car Health and Wellness Research
LAS VEGAS – Ford, Microsoft, Healthrageous and BlueMetal Architects announced an alliance today to research technology to help people monitor and maintain health and wellness while on the move.
- 2012 NAIAS - Ford and Lincoln Coverage
DETROIT - Check out what Ford and Lincoln are showing at the 2012 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) and the media coverage. Click on the images below to get all of the details on the news being announced. This page will be continually updated throughout the week to provide you the latest Ford and Lincoln news from NAIAS.
- New MKS and MKT: Technology Drives Lincoln Forward
DETROIT - New technologies on the Lincoln MKS and MKT deliver more power, better fuel economy and an even more engaging driving experience, giving full-size luxury sedan and crossover customers fresh reasons to consider Lincoln’s newest vehicles.
- Ford Creates First Silicon Valley Presence with New Research Lab to Drive Innovation in Personal Mobility
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company today announced plans to create and open its first dedicated research lab in Silicon Valley early this year, further growing the company’s commitment to make technology affordable for millions.
- Ford to Showcase Roximity at 2012 CES; Encourages Developers to Innovate New App Ideas for SYNC
DEARBORN – Danny Newman was shocked when he heard Ford Motor Company was not only looking for developers to work with its award-winning SYNC system, but sponsoring a contest encouraging developers to do whatever they could with it.
- Track Apps Enhance Bragging Rights for Mustang Enthusiasts
DEARBORN - True Mustang enthusiasts enjoy putting their pony to the test at the track. And when they do, it’s all about the bragging rights. They want to tell their friends how fast their steed can go from 0 to 60 or what distance it takes to bring the car to a stop from 100 mph.
- Ford Focus Becomes First Ever Car to Receive Four Euro NCAP Advanced Rewards
BRENTWOOD, England – The Focus has become the first ever car to receive four Euro NCAP Advanced safety rewards after its Driver Alert and Forward Alert technologies were honoured this week.
- Ford's Quickclear Windscreen Technology Still a Clear Favourite as Europe Braces for Winter
cOLOGNE, Germany – Stiletto heels, CD cases, credit cards and bare hands have one surprising thing in common – they’ve all been employed at some time by European motorists to scrape ice and snow off car windscreens.
- Ford to Commercialize New Method of Attaching Windshields Through Cleaner Technology
DEARBORN – Ford wants to innovate the way vehicle windshields are installed through a new patented process that makes the attachment less costly, simpler and more eco-conscious than current practices.