- Ford Transforms Lives with Second Phase of Vastrap Container Housing Project
The Ford Struandale Engine Plant transformed the lives of 10 families from the Vastrap informal settlement in Booysens Park, Port Elizabeth, with the installation of shipping containers converted into safe and secure housing units.
- Ford Employees in Dubai Go Further to Support the Community
At Ford Middle East and Africa’s headquarters in Dubai, Ford employees are Going Further to give back to the communities. Hundreds of plants can be seen on the window sills of Ford’s offices in API World Tower on Sheikh Zayed Road, particularly on the 26th floor, where the goodwill project was initiated.
- Ford Spain Recognised for Social Responsibility
Ford in Spain has been recognised for its social responsibility.
- Pacheco Plant is Now a Smoke-Free Workplace
Buenos Aires, Argentina - The Pacheco Industrial Center, where the Ranger and Focus are produced, is now a smoke-free workplace, becoming the first industrial center of Argentina, and the second production plant of Ford in South America to incorporate this health policy to take care of smokers and nonsmokers.
- Ford Trucks’ Odontomóvel Celebrates 50,000 Dental Treatments for Truck Drivers
SAO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford Trucks celebrated the milestone of providing free dental work to 50,000 truck drivers through its Odontomóvel, which is Brazil’s largest mobile dental health project this month. The Odontomóvel is a complete dental office built on a Ford Cargo 816 commercial truck platform.
- Ford Employees Mobilize For the 9th Global Week of Caring in South America
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - From September 6 to 14, Ford employees in Brazil, Argentina and Venezuela supported Ford Global Week of Caring through various activities.
- Ford COO Mark Fields Leads This Year’s United Way for Southeastern Michigan Community Giving Campaign to Exceed $40 Million Goal – Largest Increase in 17 Years
DETROIT – Ford Motor Company Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields, who also serves as United Way for Southeastern Michigan campaign chair, and United Way for Southeastern Michigan President and CEO Michael J. Brennan announced today that more than $40 million was raised in the 2013-2014 campaign to benefit the greater Detroit communities the nonprofit organization supports.
- Ford Social Projects Provide 10,000 Backpacks; Environmental Education for Camaçari Students
CAMAÇARI, Brazil - On January 21, Ford announced two new social initiatives in Bahia: the distribution of 10 thousand eco-sustainable backpacks with notebook&pencil sets: and the execution of an environmental education project. Both actions, under development, are focused on students from public schools in Camaçari, within Bahia state, where is located Ford Northeast industrial Complex.