- Ford Sales Up 38 Percent in Nigeria
LAGOS, Nigeria – Ford sales in Nigeria are up 38 percent in the first four months of 2013 compared with previous year-to-date sales. Through April, 1,264 units were sold, while 914 units sold during the same time period of 2012.
- New Products Drive Ford of Europe Sales Increase in April
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford of Europe sales increased in April by 3 per cent year-over-year driven by strong demand for new products.
- Ford Fiesta Europe’s Best-Selling Small Car in First Quarter of 2013
COLOGNE, Germany – The Ford Fiesta was Europe’s best-selling small car in March and for the first three months of 2013, according to the latest figures from the world's leading provider of automotive data and intelligence, JATO Dynamics.*
- Ford China Sales Continue to Climb, Up 37 Percent in April and 49 Percent for the Year
SHANGHAI, China – Ford China sales continued to climb in April, selling 75,331 wholesale vehicles this month, an increase of 37 percent compared to April 2012, bringing year-to-date sales to 261,927 wholesales, up 49 percent from last year.
- Ford Maintains Clear UK Market Lead
BRENTWOOD, England - UK market leader Ford increased its car and commercial vehicle (CV) sales in April and for the year to date, compared with 2012.
- Ford India Sells More Than 7,270 Cars in April, Opens Two New Sales and Service Outlets
NEW DELHI, India – Ford India sold more than 7,200 vehicles in combined domestic wholesales and exports in April 2013 despite an ongoing slowdown affecting the Indian auto industry.
- Lincoln Sales Up 21 Percent in April, Looking Forward to May
DEARBORN - The month of April was a step in the right direction for Lincoln. Overall U.S. sales for the brand were up 21 percent from a year ago, this was led by phenomenal Lincoln MKZ sales which were up 115 percent year over year.
- Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa Continues to Out-Perform the Industry in April
PRETORIA, South Africa – While the SA car market seemingly rallied during April to show impressive growth, Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa (FMCSA) continued to out-perform the industry as it posted more than 5,000 sales yet again this year.
- Up, Up, Up: All Ford Vehicle Segments Post Strong U.S. Sales Gains in April
DEARBORN - Ford is firing on all cylinders with a product portfolio that is scoring strong sales across the board, making the current recovery much unlike those of past years, according to Ford U.S. Sales Analyst Erich Merkle.
- Ford of Canada Top-Selling Automaker Year-to-Date with Strongest Growth in Canada
OAKVILLE, Ont. — Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited sales increased 16 per cent this month, making this the best April for sales in more than a decade and securing year-to-date leadership. The increase was driven by strength across the lineup, including the all-new Fusion and Escape, which were up 21 and 26 per cent respectively, marking the best April on record for both.
- Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 18 Percent; Ford Fusion, Ford Escape and New Lincoln MKZ Set Sales Records
DEARBORN – Ford’s April sales climbed 18 percent with gains across the portfolio – with cars up 21 percent, utilities up 16 percent, and trucks up 16 percent. Retail sales were up 27 percent.
- Strong Profits, Importance of Quality Main Topics of Discussion at Americas Business Review
DEARBORN - Ford President of The Americas Joe Hinrichs opened Wednesday’s Americas Business Review with five simple words to management leaders gathered at Ford World Headquarters in Dearborn.
- Ford Off to Great Start in 2013
DEARBORN - “What do you think of the first quarter?” asked President and CEO Alan Mulally, as he opened the First Quarter Global Town Hall for employees in the auditorium at Ford World Headquarters. “It is fantastic! It was really fun to represent you [when the leadership team spoke to analysts and media] today.”
- Fiesta ST Orders Flood In
BRENTWOOD, England – The new Ford Fiesta ST is just now reaching dealer showrooms, but since prices were announced at the end of January, over 1,000 UK customers have already placed an order.
- Ford Credit Reports First Quarter Pre-Tax Profit of $507 Million; Net Income of $364 Million
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Credit Company reported a pre-tax profit of $507 million in the first quarter of 2013, compared with $452 million a year earlier. The increase in pre-tax earnings is primarily explained by higher receivables and favorable residual performance, offset partially by lower credit loss reserve reductions. Ford Credit’s net income was $364 million in the first quarter, compared with $295 million in the previous year.
- Ford Posts First Quarter Pre-Tax Profit of $2.1 Billion, Driven by Highest North America Profit in More than a Decade; Net Income of $1.6 Billion
Congratulations to the entire Ford team for continuing to deliver our One Ford plan, serving our customers around the world and delivering profitable growth. Thanks to our efforts, we today are announcing strong quarterly financial results, built on solid growth in volume and revenue.
- Ford of Europe’s Retail Market Share Hits Three-year High
COLOGNE, Germany – While Ford of Europe’s overall new vehicle sales declined in March, its success in gaining profitable retail sales increased.
- Export & Growth Enjoys Best First Quarter Ever
DEARBORN - Sales in Export and Growth (E&G) regions reached 13,031 in March, helping E&G set an all-time first-quarter sales record of 42,915.
- Global Sales Success For Focus and Fiesta
COLOGNE, Germany – The Focus is officially the world’s best-selling vehicle nameplate and the Fiesta the best-selling sub-compact car, according to the Polk automotive data and trends forecasting organisation.
- Ford Sets Monthly and Quarterly Records in China, Sales Up 65 Percent in March and 54 Percent for the Quarter
SHANGHAI – Ford China set sales records in March, selling 81,387 wholesale vehicles for the month, a 65 percent increase from last year, bringing first quarter sales to a record-breaking 186,596 wholesale vehicles, up 54 percent from the first quarter of 2012.
- Ford Tops March Registrations in UK and Boosts Car and CV Sales Through 2013
BRENTWOOD, England – UK market leader Ford has increased its car and commercial vehicle (CV) sales for March and the year to date, compared with 2012.
- All-new Ranger Drives Ford Thailand’s Best-Ever March and Record First Quarter Performance
BANGKOK, Thailand – Ford Thailand announced its best-ever performance for the month of March with overall retail sales rising 47 percent from a year earlier to 4,875 units.
- Ford Fusion, Escape and Explorer Lead U.S. Sales Surge in March
DEARBORN - March was the culmination of years of Ford’s hard work in the passenger car and small utility space. Both Fusion and Escape set all-time monthly sales records, leading Ford to achieve its best U.S. sales result since May of 2007.
- Ford of Canada Top-Selling Automaker in March
OAKVILLE, Ont. — Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited sales increased 2 percent in March, driven by F-150, which grew 23 per cent. Flex, Explorer and Expedition had positive sales, with increases of 11, 21 and 41 percent respectively.
- Fusion, Escape Achieve All-Time Record Sales; Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 6 Percent in March
DEARBORN – Ford’s newest vehicles – Fusion and Escape – set all-time monthly sales records in March, driving Ford Motor Company’s best U.S. sales results since May 2007.
- Ford India Sells Over 7,400 Cars in March, Kickstarts EcoSport Urban Discoveries Campaign
NEW DELHI, India – Ford India sold more than 7,400 vehicles in combined wholesales and exports in March 2013 as macroeconomic factors, including high inflation and high interest rates, continued to dampen consumer sentiment and contribute to an industry slowdown.
- New Vehicles Help Ford of Europe Gain Retail Market Share in February
COLOGNE, Germany – Strong demand for new vehicles, such as the redesigned Fiesta and Kuga, helped Ford of Europe improve its retail market share by 0.6 percentage points year over year to 7.2 per cent in key European markets.
- Ford Sales Surge 36% in Morocco
RABAT, Morocco – Strong demand for Ford’s award-winning cars and commercial vehicles saw sales in Morocco jump by more than a third last year.
- Ford Gains UK Market Share in February
BRENTWOOD, England – Ford’s UK sales and market share were boosted across its car and CV ranges in February as its share of retail car sales continued to strengthen.
- Ford China Sales Up 46 Percent for the Year, February Sales Up 7 Percent
SHANGHAI – Ford China sales grew steadily this month, as year-to-date sales rose 46 percent to 105,209 wholesales sold compared with 71,954 during the same period last year. February sales increased seven percent, with 43,642 wholesale vehicles sold compared with 40,978 in 2012.