- Ford Focus and EcoSport Earn Five-Star Safety Ranking from Latin NCAP
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford was one of the big winners in the fourth stage of the New Vehicle Assessment testing program for Latin America held by Latin NCAP, an independent new vehicle assessment program for the region.
- Lincoln Brand Pillars: Quality, Design and Personal Service
DEARBORN - Quality, Design and Personal Service are the pillars of the Lincoln brand, and they will be at the heart of all communications going forward – both internal and external – as Lincoln continues its reinvention. These pillars are similar in nature to the Ford brand’s Quality, Green, Safe, and Smart pillars.
- All-New Kuga Awarded Five Stars for Safety by China NCAP
CHONGQING, China — The all-new Ford Kuga continues to deliver on safety standards.
- Ford and American Humane Association Remind Pickup Truck Drivers: Dogs Ride Inside
DEARBORN - Ford and the American Humane Association have teamed up in a new pet safety campaign to remind pickup truck drivers that dogs should never ride in the bed of a pickup truck. Called “Dogs Ride Inside,” the campaign reminds all drivers that simple, basic actions can prevent serious injury or death while transporting a beloved family pet.
- Ford Expands Availability of Rear Inflatable Safety Belt to 2014 Fusion
DEARBORN - The new 2014 Ford Fusion is the only car in the popular midsize segment to offer rear inflatable safety belts, adding to the sedan’s suite of available safety and driver-assist technologies. This option is also available in the Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi.
- Ford’s MyKey Technology Aimed at Teenage Drivers
SYDNEY, Australia — Ford’s global MyKey technology will be launched in the new Ford Fiesta ST hatch when it goes on sale in September 2013.
- 2013 Ford Focus Earns Highest Possible Safety Rating from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
DEARBORN - The 2013 Ford Focus earned a Top Safety Pick+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Focus is one of six vehicles in the small car segment to achieve IIHS’s highest rating.
- Safety is Key in Any Workplace
DEARBORN - Safety is essential in any workplace, particularly inside a manufacturing facility where dangerous, heavy machinery is handled on a daily basis. This type of production environment requires employees to make mindful decisions while working.
- Ford Fusion Energi Earns Top Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA
DEARBORN – The 2013 Ford Fusion Energi has earned the highest possible “five-star” Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The five-star rating is the U.S. Government’s highest-possible safety rating and is determined only after severe testing procedures as part of NHTSA’s New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
- Ford Fiesta Receives Maximum 5-Star Safety Rating in Inaugural ASEAN NCAP
BANGKOK, Thailand — The Ford Fiesta has received the highest safety rating among eight popular car models recently tested in the inaugural ASEAN NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme) frontal collision crash test.
- Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid Earn Top Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA
DEARBORN – The 2013 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a top vehicle safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
- Son of Ford Employee Survives Horrific Crash in 2011 Ford Fiesta
NOVI, Mich. - September 23, 2012, is a day Ford IT Manager Gene Kotlinski says he’ll never forget.
- All-New 2013 Ford Fusion Earns IIHS Top Safety Pick+ Recommendation for 2013
DEARBORN – The all-new Ford Fusion earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) highest rating, a Top Safety Pick+, receiving an Acceptable rating in the new small overlap front crash test. The new 2013 Ford Fusion was already rated as a Top Safety Pick winner. This new rating, Top Safety Pick+, applies to all vehicles produced after mid-December 2012.
- All-New Transit Custom and Tourneo Custom Break Ground as First One-Tonne Vans to Earn Euro NCAP 5-Star Rating
COLOGNE, Germany -The all-new Transit Custom van and Tourneo Custom people mover have broken new ground as the first one-tonne vehicles to achieve maximum five-star safety ratings from independent vehicle safety organisation Euro NCAP.
- Ford Focus Earns Top Safety Rating from NHTSA
DEARBORN – The 2013 Ford Focus received a top safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Focus earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA’s New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and a resistance to rollover evaluation.
- 2013 Ford Taurus and Explorer, Lincoln MKS Earn NHTSA’s Highest NCAP Overall Vehicle Score
DEARBORN – Three Ford Motor Company vehicles – the 2013 Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and Lincoln MKS – earned a top safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). These vehicles earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
- Ford Brazil Presents the All-New EcoSport to Latin American Press in Natal, Northeastern Brazil
NATAL, Brazil – From August, 4 to 6, Ford presented the all-new EcoSport to the Latin American Press in the tourist city of Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, northeastern Brazil. The press convention was attended by 200 journalists and bloggers from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Mexico, who had the opportunity to drive for the first time the new global Ford SUV.
- CFMA Holds First Aid Training Session for Employees at Plants
CHONGQING, China — For employees at Chongqing Assembly Plant, safety is always a top priority. To help maintain those safety standards, more than 40 employees attended a first aid training session held by the local branch of the Red Cross Society (RSC) of China.
- New Focus awarded five stars for safety by China NCAP
CHONGQING, China —The new Focus has been awarded a five-star crash safety rating by the China New Car Assessment Programme, (C-NCAP). The new Focus has already achieved five stars from Euro NCAP, the European equivalent, and also named “Best in Class” by this European car safety performance assessment organisation.
- Ford Inflatable Rear Seatbelt to Make European Debut on New Mondeo
AACHEN, Germany – Ford Motor Company announced today that its groundbreaking inflatable rear seatbelt – which combines attributes of an airbag and a conventional seatbelt – will make its European debut next year on the all-new Mondeo.
- Ford Researchers Develop Features and Technologies for an Aging Society
AACHEN, Germany – Ford Motor Company is developing a raft of innovative technologies for an aging society; these include a virtual reality CAVE (Cave Automatic Virtual Environment) which enables engineers to assess the practicality of future interiors.
- Focus Receives Safety Award from German Insurer Allianz
COLOGNE, Germany - Ford has been presented with a prestigious “Genius” award by the German Allianz insurance group in recognition of the extensive package of safety and driver assistance technologies available in the Focus.
- Upgrades to VIRTTEX Help to Develop and Test Active Safety and Driver Aid Technologies
DEARBORN - Upgrades to company's state-of-the-art VIRtual Test Track EXperiment (VIRTTEX) simulator will help Ford's Product Development team continue to develop and test active safety and driver aid technologies that warn drivers of imminent collision, drowsiness and other potentially dangerous scenarios behind the wheel.
- Ford Upgrades Virtual Reality Simulator to Help Develop Future Safety Technologies, Driver Aids
DEARBORN – Upgrades to Ford’s full-motion virtual test track will help the automaker continue to develop and test active safety and driver aid technologies that warn drivers of imminent collision, drowsiness and other potentially dangerous scenarios behind the wheel.
- Four Ford Pillars Shine at NAIAS
DETROIT - Ford’s commitment to leadership in the four pillars – Quality, Green, Safe and Smart – shines at the 2012 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
- Ford Lane Keeping System Helps Fusion Drivers Stay Alert and Between the Lines
DEARBORN – With many of us driving long distances to visit friends and family during the holiday season, drowsiness can easily creep up when behind the wheel. That’s why the all-new Ford Fusion will offer a Lane Keeping System (LKS) to help drivers stay between the lines.
- Fiesta Kinetic Design was elected 2011 Gold Safety Car of the Year by CESVI Argentina
BUENOS AIRES - The Ford Fiesta Kinetic Design was named as the 2011 Gold Safety Car among all the categories awarded by CESVI in Argentina. Previously, it was also named as the safest car in the B segment category.
- Ford Offers Top 10 Safe Winter Driving Do’s and Don’ts
DEARBORN – With winter officially beginning this week, and as drivers prepare for the height of the holiday travel season, Ford offers a Top 10 list of driving safety do’s and don’ts to help drivers and their families stay safe on the roads this season.
- Ford Environment and Safety Chief Sue Cischke to Retire After 35-Year Career; Robert Brown Named Her Successor
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company today announced that Sue Cischke, group vice president, Sustainability, Environment and Safety Engineering, has elected to retire effective Feb. 1, 2012, after 35 years of service in the automotive industry.
- Ford Vehicle Security Experts Home In On Christmas Car Crooks
DUNTON, England – Ford Motor Company, working closely with police agencies, has developed technologies that help thwart car thieves bent on cashing-in this Christmas season.