- Ford Announces New Parking and Personal Radio Apps for SYNC AppLink; Launches ‘EcoSport Live!’ Campaign
BARCELONA, Spain – Ford today announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, new parking and personal radio apps for Ford SYNC with Voice Control and AppLink in Europe.
- Want Dinner? Ford’s New Voice-Activated SYNC 2 System Finds a Restaurant, Helps Book a Table and Guides You There
BARCELONA, Spain – Ford today demonstrated its SYNC 2 system for the first time in Europe, which allows drivers to control their in-car systems using simple, natural voice commands and a new high-resolution eight-inch colour touch screen.
- Ford Announces SYNC® AppLink™ For The Brazilian Market At Campus Party 2014
SAO PAULO, Brazil -During a press conference in Campus Party, the biggest technology event in Brazil, Ford announced the arrival of SYNC® AppLink™ in Brazil this year. The decision is part of the company´s global strategy to meet the needs of drivers who want to be safely connected in their vehicles.
- Parkopedia Launches In-Car, Voice-Activated Parking Spot Discovery App for Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Parkopedia®, the leading parking information provider with more than 28 million parking spots listed, announces an app compatible with the Ford SYNC® AppLink™ in-car connectivity system. Using the AppLink interface, drivers will be able to locate available nearby parking spots and get pricing information through simple voice commands, eliminating the need to touch their mobile phone while driving.
- Domino’s Pizza, Ford Unveil Latest Ordering App Innovation Using SYNC AppLink System
LAS VEGAS – Domino’s Pizza® and Ford Motor Company not only share the same backyard in the Detroit area, but also a belief in the importance of innovation.
- Gracenote Powers First-Ever Voice-Activated, Mood-Based Music Listening for Ford SYNC AppLink Users
LAS VEGAS – Using the Ford SYNC® AppLink™ API, Gracenote developers are providing drivers a unique way to rock out to music to match their mood – using simple voice commands with the HABU Music App. The latest HABU Music App software update will be available later this month.
- Industry-First Ford App Developer Conference to Drive Connectivity Innovation
LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company is extending its in-vehicle connectivity leadership by hosting an industry-first developer conference this June focused on bringing innovative mobile apps into the car through Ford SYNC AppLink.
- Ford Offers SYNC AppLink for 3.4 Million More Customers; New Organization to Drive Global Connectivity Vision
DEARBORN – Building on the pioneering SYNC® in-car connectivity system it launched in 2007, Ford Motor Company today announces new system investments and organizational alignments to deliver the industry’s best fully integrated connected car and digital consumer experience.
- Ford SYNCS with Radioplayer to Offer Online Radio on the Road
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford and online listening hub Radioplayer have teamed up to enable drivers to listen to streamed radio in Ford cars and vans
- Ford’s SYNC AppLink Voted Best Car Technology In Spain
MADRID, Spain - Ford’s SYNC AppLink voice-activated in-car connectivity system has been named Best In-car Technology at the Xataka Technology Awards 2013.
- Ford Produces 10-Millionth Vehicle Equipped with Voice-Activated System Ford SYNC
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford has produced the 10-millionth vehicle equipped with award-winning in-car connectivity system Ford SYNC.
- Ford Builds 10-Millionth SYNC-Equipped Vehicle; Car Connectivity Reaches Critical Mass
LOS ANGELES – Just six years after the introduction of Ford SYNC®, the 10-millionth vehicle equipped with this award-winning technology has been produced, transforming the in-car connectivity experience for customers around the world.
- Ford Acquires Software Company Livio to Further Advance In-Car Connectivity Leadership
Ford today announced it will acquire Livio, a Ferndale, Mich.-based software development startup. The move will further extend Ford’s ability to meet consumers’ growing demand for safe, seamless access to the electronic content they love while in their vehicles.
- Ford Asia Pacific AppLink Team Wins Excellence Award in Baidu 36-Hour Hackathon
SHANGHAI, China - Ford Asia Pacific’s AppLink team recently won the Excellence Award during a 36-hour hackathon organized by Baidu, China’s biggest search engine service provider.
- Ford Shares Mobile Vision at Mobile Asia Expo, Showcases Mobile Technology at Connected City
SHANGHAI, China – Ford is using Mobile Asia Expo to provide a glimpse into the streets of the future, where everything intelligently connects and where Ford’s in-car connectivity and driver-assist technologies provide an easier, safer and more personalized driving experience.
- SYNC and MyFord Touch Sold on 79 Percent of New Ford Vehicles, New Technology Drives Quality Satisfaction
DEARBORN – Ford SYNC voice-controlled connectivity and MyFord Touch® touch screen technologies are attracting more customers and selling at a much higher rate than competitors, as MyFord Touch helps drive higher customer satisfaction with vehicle quality.
- Ford Displays SYNC AppLink and All-New EcoSport SUV at Milan Design Week
MILAN, Italy – Ford today at Milan Design Week showcased the SYNC AppLink system and the all-new EcoSport compact SUV that will be among the first Ford vehicles in Europe to offer the voice-activated system.
- Ford Extends Commitment to App Developers by Contributing AppLink to Open-Source GENIVI Alliance
BARCELONA, Spain- Ford Motor Company expanded its commitment to help encourage the growing community of automotive app developers by announcing it will contribute the software for AppLink™, the Ford-developed in-car smartphone app interface, to the GENIVI Alliance.
- Ford Is First to Launch Spotify in the Car; Streaming Music Service Soon Available for SYNC AppLink
DEARBORN – Spotify, the leading on-demand music streaming service providing access to a catalog of more than 20 million songs globally is now compatible with Ford SYNC® AppLink™ for simple hands-free, voice-activated entertainment while driving.
- Ford Developer Program Issues Call to App Developers; Attracts More Than 2,500 Global Registrations in First Month
BARCELONA, Spain – Ford today announced an open call for mobile application developers to register for the Ford Developer Program, an automotive industry first that enables software developers to directly interface with the Ford SYNC AppLink system to create apps that will enhance the driving experience.
- In-Car Music: Ford SYNC AppLink Coming To Europe
CANNES, France – Ford SYNC AppLink – a system that offers drivers voice-control of smartphone music apps – is coming to Europe.
- Greater Media Launches 16 Ford SYNC AppLink-Enabled Regional Terrestrial Radio Station Apps
LAS VEGAS – Greater Media is bringing 16 of its top terrestrial radio stations to the mobile Web and Ford vehicles with the help of SYNC® AppLink™. Drivers can listen to their favorite radio stations from places like Boston, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Detroit and New Jersey wherever they are driving – all without touching their smartphone.
- Ford Launches App Developer Program Marking New Course for Customer-Driven Innovation and Value Creation
LAS VEGAS – Providing developers the information and tools needed for the creation of relevant, voice-activated experiences inside the car, Ford Motor Company announces the launch of the Ford Developer Program (http://developer.ford.com) at the 2013 International CES.
- USA TODAY App Launches for Ford SYNC AppLink Providing Drivers with On-Demand News, Sports and Weather
LAS VEGAS – News junkies can get their fix in the car with voice activation now available via Ford SYNC® AppLink™ integration.
- Glympse Launches First In-Car, Voice-Activated Location-Sharing App for Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Glympse Inc., the mobile technology company that pioneered temporary real-time location sharing, today announces the first location-sharing app for Ford Motor Company’s SYNC® in-car connectivity system. Using the AppLink™ interface, drivers will be able to share their location with friends and family directly from their car using simple voice commands, eliminating the need to touch their mobile phone while driving.
- Aha by Harman Added to Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Aha by HARMAN™ and Ford today announce Ford will offer Aha to drivers via its SYNC® AppLink™ system. Aha’s free service offers more than 30,000 audio stations that Ford SYNC users can tune in to while driving by using simple voice commands.
- BeCouply Launches for Ford SYNC AppLink Providing Drivers with Date Suggestions While on the Go
LAS VEGAS – Couples looking to escape another mundane date night driving circles around town can find help with a new app that will make it easy to have an exciting social life.
- Ford First with Kaliki App In-Car Integration for Audio Playback of Major Newspapers and Magazines
LAS VEGAS – Thanks to Kaliki Audio Newsstand and Ford SYNC® AppLink™, commuting time can now be put to better use by consuming some of the compelling newspaper and magazine content that we want to get to, but just never seem to find the time to read.
- Rhapsody Hits the Road with Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Rhapsody and Ford today announce at International CES that the leading premium on-demand music service is now available in Ford and Lincoln vehicles with SYNC® AppLink™. Rhapsody listeners with SYNC-enabled cars and trucks can use voice commands and radio buttons on the steering wheel to control the Rhapsody app on their smartphones, making it safe and easy to rock out on the road.
- Ford Gears Up for Major SYNC Rollout in China in Early 2013
SHANGHAI, China — Ford is preparing for an unprecedented rollout of its connected services in China, with six global One Ford vehicles to be equipped with its award-winning SYNC by early 2013.