- Ford Displays SYNC AppLink and All-New EcoSport SUV at Milan Design Week
MILAN, Italy – Ford today at Milan Design Week showcased the SYNC AppLink system and the all-new EcoSport compact SUV that will be among the first Ford vehicles in Europe to offer the voice-activated system.
- Ford Extends Commitment to App Developers by Contributing AppLink to Open-Source GENIVI Alliance
BARCELONA, Spain- Ford Motor Company expanded its commitment to help encourage the growing community of automotive app developers by announcing it will contribute the software for AppLink™, the Ford-developed in-car smartphone app interface, to the GENIVI Alliance.
- Ford Is First to Launch Spotify in the Car; Streaming Music Service Soon Available for SYNC AppLink
DEARBORN – Spotify, the leading on-demand music streaming service providing access to a catalog of more than 20 million songs globally is now compatible with Ford SYNC® AppLink™ for simple hands-free, voice-activated entertainment while driving.
- Ford Developer Program Issues Call to App Developers; Attracts More Than 2,500 Global Registrations in First Month
BARCELONA, Spain – Ford today announced an open call for mobile application developers to register for the Ford Developer Program, an automotive industry first that enables software developers to directly interface with the Ford SYNC AppLink system to create apps that will enhance the driving experience.
- In-Car Music: Ford SYNC AppLink Coming To Europe
CANNES, France – Ford SYNC AppLink – a system that offers drivers voice-control of smartphone music apps – is coming to Europe.
- Greater Media Launches 16 Ford SYNC AppLink-Enabled Regional Terrestrial Radio Station Apps
LAS VEGAS – Greater Media is bringing 16 of its top terrestrial radio stations to the mobile Web and Ford vehicles with the help of SYNC® AppLink™. Drivers can listen to their favorite radio stations from places like Boston, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Detroit and New Jersey wherever they are driving – all without touching their smartphone.
- Ford Launches App Developer Program Marking New Course for Customer-Driven Innovation and Value Creation
LAS VEGAS – Providing developers the information and tools needed for the creation of relevant, voice-activated experiences inside the car, Ford Motor Company announces the launch of the Ford Developer Program (http://developer.ford.com) at the 2013 International CES.
- USA TODAY App Launches for Ford SYNC AppLink Providing Drivers with On-Demand News, Sports and Weather
LAS VEGAS – News junkies can get their fix in the car with voice activation now available via Ford SYNC® AppLink™ integration.
- Glympse Launches First In-Car, Voice-Activated Location-Sharing App for Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Glympse Inc., the mobile technology company that pioneered temporary real-time location sharing, today announces the first location-sharing app for Ford Motor Company’s SYNC® in-car connectivity system. Using the AppLink™ interface, drivers will be able to share their location with friends and family directly from their car using simple voice commands, eliminating the need to touch their mobile phone while driving.
- Aha by Harman Added to Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Aha by HARMAN™ and Ford today announce Ford will offer Aha to drivers via its SYNC® AppLink™ system. Aha’s free service offers more than 30,000 audio stations that Ford SYNC users can tune in to while driving by using simple voice commands.
- BeCouply Launches for Ford SYNC AppLink Providing Drivers with Date Suggestions While on the Go
LAS VEGAS – Couples looking to escape another mundane date night driving circles around town can find help with a new app that will make it easy to have an exciting social life.
- Ford First with Kaliki App In-Car Integration for Audio Playback of Major Newspapers and Magazines
LAS VEGAS – Thanks to Kaliki Audio Newsstand and Ford SYNC® AppLink™, commuting time can now be put to better use by consuming some of the compelling newspaper and magazine content that we want to get to, but just never seem to find the time to read.
- Rhapsody Hits the Road with Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Rhapsody and Ford today announce at International CES that the leading premium on-demand music service is now available in Ford and Lincoln vehicles with SYNC® AppLink™. Rhapsody listeners with SYNC-enabled cars and trucks can use voice commands and radio buttons on the steering wheel to control the Rhapsody app on their smartphones, making it safe and easy to rock out on the road.
- Ford Gears Up for Major SYNC Rollout in China in Early 2013
SHANGHAI, China — Ford is preparing for an unprecedented rollout of its connected services in China, with six global One Ford vehicles to be equipped with its award-winning SYNC by early 2013.
- New Fiesta Emergency Assistance is Multi-Lingual Leader
COLOGNE, Germany – A Ford-commissioned survey shows 75 per cent of Europeans have, in the past five years, travelled by car in countries where they would have been unable to make an emergency services call in the local language.
- Lincoln SYNC Services Provides Personal Touch With Unlimited Live Operator Assist
DEARBORN – Live operator assistance through Lincoln SYNC Services is one more element of a warmer, more personal experience that will be a cornerstone of the reinvented brand.
- Ford, Microsoft Celebrate Five Years of In-Car Connectivity Leadership with 5 Millionth SYNC-Equipped Vehicle
SAN FRANCISCO – Five years ago, Ford Motor Company and Microsoft came together to launch the benchmark for in-vehicle connectivity systems with the introduction of SYNC. Today at the GigaOM Roadmap Conference, Ford CTO Paul Mascarenas and Microsoft Windows Embedded General Manager Kevin Dallas announced the 5-millionth vehicle equipped with SYNC has been sold and they shared their joint vision for continued leadership in development of the connected car.
- Ford Launches Scout for SYNC AppLink
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Telenav®, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNAV), the leader in personalized navigation, and Ford announced today that Scout™ by Telenav is now available in cars through Ford SYNC AppLink. With the launch of Scout in Ford vehicles, mobile users now have the ability to access the same personalized navigation app in their cars that they have on their phones.
- Ford SYNC AppLink Lets Baseball Fans Follow the Pennant Races with New Voice-Activated MLB.com At Bat App
DEARBORN – Just in time to follow the pennant races and playoffs, baseball fans now can access the award-winning MLB.com At Bat app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad using simple voice commands with Ford SYNC® AppLink™. The At Bat app already has been downloaded more than 5 million times this season and is one of the most popular mobile apps available.
- Ford Seeks App Developers at TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon; 1 Million Vehicles Now Equipped with SYNC AppLink
DEARBORN – To most people, a 24-hour day means three meals, a good night’s sleep, some time in the office and maybe a little relaxation at home before doing it all again. But for app developers at the TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon, 24 hours means an opportunity to turn their ideas into reality – and quickly.
- Ford Focus Electric to Debut Ford SYNC with MyFord Touch in Europe
BERLIN, Germany – Ford SYNC with MyFord Touch will make its European debut in the new Ford Focus Electric when it comes to Europe in 2013, the company today announced at the IFA consumer electronics convention in Berlin.
- Never Drive Past a Deal Again with ROXIMITY, the New Personalized, Location-Aware Retail App for Ford SYNC
DEARBORN – Want to know where the best nearby deals are for pizza, an oil change, or tickets to your favorite event before it’s too late and you’ve driven past? Now it’s possible, with the release of ROXIMITY, a real-time, location-aware alert service that lets users know of surrounding deals and specials.
- Ford at the Forefront of Telecommunications and Automotive Convergence
JAKARTA, Indonesia — With smartphones becoming more ubiquitous and people increasingly wanting to always stay connected, even on the go, Ford has already helped bring automotive and telecommunication convergence into the mainstream through Bluetooth with Voice Control in the all-new Fiesta. Now, Ford is going to further lead the trend in Indonesia with the introduction of the award-winning SYNC connectivity platform in the all-new Focus.
- Ford Enables SYNC Voice Control of Allergy Alert App by IMS Health Giving Drivers On-Demand Access to Allergy Forecasts
DEARBORN – Allergy Alert® app is now compatible with Ford SYNC® AppLink™ to give drivers a safe way to check the potential for scratchy eyes, sore throats and runny noses while on the go.
- Ford SYNC Inducted into Computer History Museum
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – When people think of the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, Calif., names such as Microsoft, IBM, Cray, Apple and Google come to mind. Today, those technological luminaries are joined by Ford as curators add the SYNC® in-car communications and connectivity system to the museum’s permanent collection.
- Ford Enables Industry’s First In-Car Voice Control of MOG Smartphone App via SYNC AppLink
DEARBORN & BERKELEY, Calif. – Ford and MOG today announced Ford drivers can now enjoy MOG’s award-winning, on-demand music service at their request using SYNC AppLink and the power of their voice.
- Ford, State Farm Collaborate to Offer Auto Insurance Savings Using SYNC In-Car Connectivity System
DEARBORN/BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – The nation’s No. 2 automaker and the country’s leading insurer of cars have joined forces to offer lower insurance premiums for drivers. Using Ford SYNC® technology, State Farm Insurance is expanding its Drive Safe & Save™ program.
- Ford and Nuance Reveal Future Trends for In-Car Voice Recognition
AACHEN, Germany – Ford Motor Company and voice technology leader Nuance Communications have revealed the future trends shaping their approach to developing more intuitive in-car voice recognition.
- Study Shows Nearly Half of Europeans Text While Driving; Ford Reveals Details of Text-to-Speech Mobile Technology
COLOGNE, Germany – A new study shows nearly half of European drivers admit they have read texts while driving, a highly distracting habit proven to contribute to traffic accidents.
- Ford Wins Global Mobile Award
BARCELONA, Spain – A new Ford technology, which assists occupants in making a call directly to the emergency services in the event of a crash, has won a prestigious technology award after being been introduced on the all-new B-MAX.