- Ford Claims Bigger Share of Police Vehicle Market Having Reinvented the Segment with New Products
DEARBORN - Ford Police Interceptor gained 9 points of market share in 2013 as sales rose 48 percent, according to Ford analysis of Polk registration data. Demand for Ford police vehicles outpaced overall industry sales, which rose 22 percent last year.
- Ford Interceptors on Full Display at LEP
LIMA, Ohio – Dorothy knew exactly what she was talking about. There is truly no place like home and for the majority of folks working at Lima Engine Plant (LEP), Allen County is home.
- Certification Testing in Los Angeles Highlights Ford Dominance in Police Sedan, Utility; All-Wheel Drive
LOS ANGELES - For the third straight year in Los Angeles Sheriff Department tests, EcoBoost®- and all-wheel-drive-equipped Ford Police Interceptor sedan and utility vehicle were fastest both in 0-100 mph acceleration testing and average lap times at Fontana raceway in California.
- Ford Special Service Police Sedan Becomes EPA-Rated as Most Fuel-Efficient Police Vehicle Sold in the U.S.
DEARBORN - Ford’s latest police vehicle is the most fuel-efficient police car sold in the United States, with an EPA-estimated rating of 20 miles per gallon city, 30 mpg highway and 24 mpg combined.
- Ford EcoBoost Police Interceptors Outrun Chevrolet Caprice V8, Hemi Dodge Charger in Michigan State Police Testing
DEARBORN - Ford, manufacturer of the best-selling police vehicles since 1996, trumped Chevrolet and Dodge in recent instrumented acceleration testing by the Michigan State Police. The new Ford EcoBoost®-powered Police Interceptor sedan bested both the Chevrolet Caprice V8 and Hemi Dodge Charger, while Ford Police Interceptor utility with EcoBoost took down the V8-equipped Chevrolet Tahoe.