- Taking the ‘Pedi to the Metal’ – OPI Unveils Ford Mustang Nail Lacquer Collection
NEW YORK – OPI and Ford Motor Company are going full throttle and taking the “pedi to the metal” with the official launch of the limited-edition nail lacquer collection inspired by the popular Ford Mustang. The OPI Ford Mustang collection features six Mustang-inspired shades that are set to hit U.S. stores in July.
- Celebrating 50 Years of Mustang – A Message from Bill Ford
DEARBORN - Fifty years after the introduction of the Ford Mustang at the World’s Fair, today the company will celebrate the milestone with events happening around the globe.
- Time Lapse Video: Reconstructing the 1964 Empire State Building Event
NEW YORK - To reenact a publicity feat conducted nearly 50 years ago when the first Mustang convertible was unveiled, Ford once again took to getting an all-new Mustang convertible atop the Empire State Building.
- Ford Mustang 50 years: Complete Coverage
DEARBORN - Ford Mustang will become the newest member of a very exclusive club – vehicles in continuous production for 50 years. In its first 49 years, Mustang has gained a worldwide base of avid fans, including more than 5 million see articles and videos about the Ford Mustang and celebration of 50 years of continuous production.
- Unleashing Passion and Creativity – Ford Launches Global Fashion Collaboration Marking Mustang’s 50th
NEW YORK – Ford Motor Company celebrates Mustang with its first-ever global collaboration with world-renowned designers to create a one-of-a-kind apparel collection.
- Celebrating 50 Years of an Icon: Top Designers Mark Mustang’s Anniversary with Limited-Edition Collection
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company celebrates Mustang with its first-ever global collaboration with world-renowned designers to create a one-of-a-kind apparel collection.
- Mustang Memories Countdown: Recap
DEARBORN - As we get closer to the 50 years celebration of Ford Mustang, @Ford had the opportunity to sit down and chat with employees, club members and retirees about their memories around the iconic pony car.
- Fields Goes ‘Back to the Future’
NEW YORK - Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields opened the New York International Auto Show Wednesday with a "Back to the Future" themed keynote speech highlighting the tremendous benefits of innovation over the years. Read his remarks to learn which new technologies are on the horizon for Ford.
- Mustang Reenacts Empire State Building Feat
NEW YORK - The celebration of 50 years of the Ford Mustang continues atop the Empire State Building where an all-new Mustang has been placed on the 86th floor observatory – the second time in history a car has topped the building. The only other car display on the Empire State Building observation happened in 1965 with a Mustang convertible. Getting the vehicle up to the display space proved to be just as challenging 50 years later considering helicopter and crane delivery could not be used in either instance. The photo gallery below details the dramatic unveiling of the Mustang convertible 86 stories up. Visitors to the Empire State Building observation deck can see the new Mustang convertible from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m., April 16-17.
- Ford Pays Homage to Five Decades of the World’s Favorite Pony Car with Limited-Production 50 Year Edition Mustang
NEW YORK – Fifty years after debuting one of the world’s most popular cars, Ford is marking the milestone by revealing a Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition. Created to honor five decades of Mustang heritage, only 1,964 examples of the 50 Year Limited Edition will ever be built when it goes on sale this fall.
- Mustang Road Trip: Dearborn to New York
DEARBORN - On Monday, April 14, 2014, Moray Callum vice president, Design, and Chris Svensson, Design director, The Americas, left the Dearborn Inn to head to New York in their ’65 and ’67 Mustangs, driving the same route that media drove 50 years ago.
- 2015 Ford Mustang Overview
DEARBORN - Chief Nameplate Engineer Dave Pericak gives employees an overview of the all-new Ford Mustang.
- Displaying a 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible 1,000 Feet Above Manhattan – Some Assembly Required
DEARBORN, Mich.– As the world honors 50 years of Ford Mustang, what better way to celebrate one of the most iconic car brands than putting one back on top of one of the most iconic buildings? When Ford and the Empire State Building decided to display a new 2015 Mustang convertible on the 86th floor observation deck, Ford turned to a longtime supplier for the unique expertise required to make this happen.
- Mad About Mustang: Global Employees Share Their Stories
TATUI, Brazil - As the world prepares to celebrate 50 years of the Ford Mustang on April 17, 2014, @Ford reached out to Ford team members outside of North America to share their unique ties to the car. These stories serve to illustrate how, despite being an American icon, Mustang pride is felt around the world.
- Ford Mustang Fans Everywhere Are Invited to Sign a Card for Their Favorite Car's Birthday and Help Set a World Record
DEARBORN - Ford Mustang is turning 50 next week and fans everywhere are invited to sign an electronic birthday card. Everyone who wants to help commemorate 50 years of Mustang can customize and add their own birthday message for their favorite car here.
- As 50 Years of Mustang Approaches, Ford and Mustang Club of America Prepare for Largest Celebrations Ever
CONCORD, N.C./LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company and Mustang Club of America are putting final preparations in place for what are expected to be the largest multiday Mustang celebrations in history. The excitement begins April 16.
- Las Vegas Area Mustang Enthusiast Picks Up Prize Mustang GT; This Year’s Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes Underway
DEARBORN – Bernie Loomis, winner of Motorcraft and Quick Lane’s 2013 Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes, now has his new, black 2014 Ford Mustang GT with charcoal black interior safely parked in the three-car garage of his Henderson, Nev., home.
- All-New Mustang Makes French Debut at Ford’s HQ near Paris
PARIS, France – All new Mustang made its first appearance on French soil at Ford’s headquarters near Paris this week.
- For Half a Century, Women Have Been Integral to the Ford Mustang Story
DEARBORN - As customers, designers, race car drivers, engineers, marketers and journalists, women have been an integral part of the Ford Mustang story for 50 years. The spirit of freedom and independence Mustang inspires has been embraced globally among women and men, the young and not so young, for half a century.
- From One Icon to Another, the Ford Mustang and Ford F-150 Take Centre Stage in Vancouver
VANCOUVER - It was a spring day in Vancouver when media gathered at the Vancouver International Auto Show for the Ford press conference to see the west coast debut of both the all-new Ford Mustang and Ford F-150.
- Advanced Technologies Keep Drivers Connected in the All-New Mustang
DEARBORN - From the inside out, the all-new Ford Mustang not only is a performance leader in its segment, but a high-tech force to be reckoned with on the road. Equipped with new driver assist technologies and innovative mobile capabilities, drivers will have a more connected experience in the Mustang than ever before.
- Ford Mustang Celebrates 50 Years with Empire State Building Display and International Mustang Fan Events
COLOGNE, Germany, March 25, 2014 – Two of the world’s most recognisable icons are coming together April 16-17 as the all-new Ford Mustang will be on display on the observation deck of the Empire State Building in New York.
- Icons Converge: Ford Mustang Celebrates 50 Years at the Empire State Building
NEW YORK – Two of the world’s most recognizable icons are coming together April 16-17, as the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang convertible will be on display on the observation deck of the Empire State Building in New York. The display – replicating the same feat from nearly 50 years ago – coincides with the global celebration of 50 years since Mustang debuted at the 1964 World’s Fair in New York.
- Representatives From Around the World to Gather and Celebrate 50 Years of Mustang in Charlotte and Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS/PENSACOLA, Fla. - In less than a month, enthusiasts representing 16 countries will gather in the United States to celebrate 50 years of the Ford Mustang.
- Need for Speed Movie Debuts in South Africa This Week
PRETORIA, South Africa – Need for Speed, the No. 1 driving video game, with more than 120 million units sold and 3.8 billion in retail sales, is now a major motion picture and will open in theaters this week, March 20.
- 'Need for Speed' Director Opts for Real Stunts Led by Ford Mustang -- Paying Tribute to Classic Car Action Movies
DEARBORN - A lifelong fan of classic action film sequences, director Scott Waugh opted to film genuine car-to-car action rather than use computer-generated images in the new film “Need for Speed.” Seven modified 2014 Ford Mustangs were built for filming and promotion in addition to an early prototype 2015 Mustang fastback.
- Need for Speed Opens in Theaters Today
DEARBORN - Need for Speed, the No. 1 driving video game, with more than 120 million units sold and 3.8 billion in retail sales, is now a major motion picture and will open in theaters March 14.
- The All-New Mustang Offers Drivers a Ride with More Speed, Less Drag
DEARBORN - The saying “wind is not your friend” is anything but true for the all-new Mustang. After going through twice the aerodynamic testing in Ford’s high-velocity wind tunnel as its predecessor, the 2015 model is designed to manage wind with optimal performance.
- The New Mustang Convertible Delivers an All-Around Superior Top Down Experience
DEARBORN – Ford engineers were all ears to customer input when it came to delivering improvements to the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang convertible and this vehicle delivers.
- Ford Plans Mustang Moment at 2014 UEFA Champions League Final, Capping A Successful 21-Year Sponsorship Run
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company will put the all-new Ford Mustang in the spotlight at the 2014 UEFA Champions League Final in Lisbon, Portugal, on May 24, 2014.