- Ford Shelby GT500 Wins Car of Texas Award
FORT WORTH, Texas - The Ford Shelby GT500 won Car of Texas award at the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) Auto Roundup.
- FRAP’s Senior-Most Employee Shares Excitement at 1 Millionth Mustang Event
FLAT ROCK, Mich. - Cheers and applause accompanied the mighty roar of the 2014 Mustang GT convertible as its driver throttled the V8 engine.
- Flat Rock Assembly Celebrates 1 Millionth Mustang Production
FLAT ROCK, Mich. - A million. It’s a number that speaks for itself. It’s a number most people strive to attain.
- Flat Rock Assembly Plant Celebrates Producing One-Millionth Ford Mustang As Year 50 Begins
FLAT ROCK, Mich.– Happy Birthday Mustang! Forty-nine years to the day after its 1964 debut in New York, the iconic sports car celebrates another milestone: One million Mustangs have rolled off the line at Ford’s Flat Rock Assembly Plant since production moved there in 2004. Ford is celebrating this milestone as year 50 of continuous Mustang production gets under way at Flat Rock Assembly.
- Social Media Hub: Ford Mustang Reaches 5 Million Facebook Likes
… 3 … 4 … 5! The Ford Mustang page now has 5 million fans, and that’s why the Ford Mustang Facebook team made their cover photo a mosaic from Mustang fan pics. Not only that, but Mustang is 49 years old!
- Gittin, Pawlak Geared Up for Big Drifting Season
LONG BEACH, Calif. - The new liveries are on, new tread in place and the engines all tweaked as the drifters head to Long Beach, Calif., for the season opener of Formula Drift, which means Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Justin Pawlak are ready to get back in action with their Ford Mustangs.
- Ford Celebrates Countdown to 50 Years of Mustang with All-New Licensed Products
DEARBORN - The Ford Mustang will soon become the newest member of a very exclusive club: Vehicles in continuous production for 50 years. To help mark this milestone, more than 20 companies have already signed up to sell products including watches, pinball machines, T-shirts, model cars and more that celebrate the Mustang’s first 50 years.
- Introducing the 2014 Cobra Jet Mustang
DEARBORN - Ford Racing makes the latest in racing technology available today, delivering speed and consistency for NHRA Stock and Super Stock racing. With more than four seasons of testing, racing, and customer feedback the Cobra Jet is better than ever with exciting new features, more performance and priced to be the best value in the market.
- Cost of Ownership and the Ford Advantage
DEARBORN - If you put two vehicles side by side and compare pricing, the one with the lower sticker price may not necessarily be the least expensive to own and operate over a five-year period.
- Ford Vehicles Take Center Stage at 2013 Taipei Auto Show
TAIPEI, Taiwan — Under the theme of “Go Further,” Ford stole the limelight at the 2013 Taipei International Auto Show, displaying a slew of its best-selling nameplates including the All-New Ranger, the All-New Focus, and Ford’s classic muscle car, the Mustang.
- Ford Mustang Cobra Jet Concept Goes Twin-Turbo for SEMA Debut
LAS VEGAS – The Ford Racing Mustang Cobra Jet concept revealed today at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show proves there is indeed a replacement for displacement.
- Mustang Arrives in Taiwan, Wins Rave Reviews
TAIPEI, Taiwan — The iconic Mustang has arrived in Taiwan and is already winning rave reviews.
- Unique Ford Shelby GT500 to Be Auctioned Saturday
DEARBORN – On Saturday, Sept. 22, Ford Motor Company and Henry Ford Health System will auction a fabulous, one-of-a-kind 2013 Ford Shelby GT500.
- MOCSEM Visits AAI to See Production of 2013 Mustang
FLAT ROCK, Mich. - The Mustang Owners Club of Southeastern Michigan (MOCSEM) recently visited AAI for a plant tour and got a behind the scenes look at 2013 Mustang production.
- One-of-a-Kind 850-Horsepower 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Cobra Created as a Tribute to Carroll Shelby
MONTEREY, Calif. – Friends of Carroll Shelby, including Ford Motor Company, Shelby American, Ford Racing and many others have built a unique 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby.
- Past and Present Mustangs, 20 Years of SVT Performance on Display at Mustang Alley for Annual Woodward Dream Cruise
DEARBORN – Once again, the intersection of 9 Mile Road and Woodward Avenue in Ferndale, just north of Detroit city limits, will be transformed into Ford Motor Company’s Mustang Alley, an annual free attraction, run by more than 300 Ford volunteers during the Woodward Dream Cruise.
- Mustang Teams Go Further to Meet Vehicle Requirements, Ships 300 Ponies to Philippines
FLAT ROCK, Mich. - The Philippines is considered a severe water market which means vehicles sold there need to be able to drive through high levels of standing water without any complications. The 2013 Mustang was built low to the ground and was not made for splashing through flooded roads. Yet, the opportunity to capitalize on the growing market in the Philippines was too great for Ford and the Mustang to let slip away.
- AAI Gives Mustang Shelby GT500 Race Car Look
FLAT ROCK, Mich. - The 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 is as close a street-legal vehicle can get to being a race car. In addition to being the most powerful production V8 in the world, the Shelby gets some extra race car flare from the team in the Striping Room at AutoAlliance International (AAI).
- Ford ‘Red Tails’ Edition Mustang GT Celebrates Tuskegee Airmen, Supports Education Program for Young Aviators
DEARBORN – The engineering and design teams at Ford Motor Company have produced a truly unique “Red Tails” edition 2013 Ford Mustang GT. This car will be sold at the Gathering of Eagles charity auction July 26 during the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) AirVenture Oshkosh 2012 – the World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration.
- Iconic Mustang Brings Some Swagger to the Philippines
MANILA, Philippines — The Pony has arrived.
- Ford’s Fastest-Ever Mustang Makes European Debut at Goodwood Festival of Speed
GOODWOOD, UK – The fastest, most powerful production Ford Mustang has made its first European appearance, at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, south England.
- Ford Mustang Customizer Updated for 2013, Includes Chance to Win Your Fantasy Mustang
DEARBORN – Over its nearly 50-year run, the Ford Mustang has sold more than 8.5 million examples and earned status as an American icon. In the parallel world of social media, its presence is even bigger and about to get bigger still.
- Father’s Day Is the Perfect Time to Kick off Restoration of America’s Favorite Classic, the 1964-66 Ford Mustang
DEARBORN – With the 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang less than two years away, this summer is the time to begin restoring your classic pony car so that it can be ready for one of the most important milestones in American automotive history.
- Voting Now Open to Determine Final Design of First-Ever SEMA Mustang Build Powered by Women
DEARBORN – Voting is now open to help select the final concept for the first-ever SEMA Mustang Build Powered by Women. Now through June 3, 2012 visit http://www.hotrod.com/all-female-mustang-build-ford-sweepstakes/ to view three different design concepts and vote on the one they would like to see used for the build.
- Performance, Interiors Bring Home Wins from Texas Auto Roundup
FORT WORTH, Texas - Ford Taurus SHO and Mustang GT returned home winners from the annual Texas Auto Writers Association's (TAWA) annual Texas Auto Roundup.
- Ford Lio Ho Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary in Taiwan by Announcing New Vehicles, Brand Promise
TAIPEI, Taiwan –Ford Lio Ho launched a 5-year golden plan as it kicked off its 40th anniversary celebrations by announcing it will introduce the all-new Focus, all-new Ranger and the Mustang into the market in 2012. The news comes just weeks after Ford unveiled the all-new Fiesta in Taiwan.
- Drive Program Showcases New Taurus, Flex and Mustang, Improvements to MyFord Touch
PORTLAND - This past Tuesday, the 2013 Ford Taurus, Flex and Mustang media program kicked off in Portland, Ore. Nearly 80 journalists joined Ford for the first of two waves of the drive event, which included the time behind the wheels of the new Taurus, Flex and Mustang.
- Track Apps Enhance Bragging Rights for Mustang Enthusiasts
DEARBORN - True Mustang enthusiasts enjoy putting their pony to the test at the track. And when they do, it’s all about the bragging rights. They want to tell their friends how fast their steed can go from 0 to 60 or what distance it takes to bring the car to a stop from 100 mph.
- All-New 1967 Mustang Convertible Body Joins Growing Stable of Classic Ford-Licensed Restoration Parts
DEARBORN – The latest addition to the growing stable of classic Mustang bodies – the 1967 convertible – just might be the ultimate stocking stuffer this Christmas for restorers of America’s favorite sports car.
- 2013 Cobra Jet Mustang Continues the Evolution of Ford Racing’s Turnkey Race Car Program; Fans Can Help Choose Color Online
DEARBORN – Since its victorious introduction at the NHRA Winternationals in 1968, Ford’s Cobra Jet Mustang has created a legacy of power, performance and triumph. That legacy was renewed in 2008 when Ford Racing offered a limited run of the 40th Anniversary Cobra Jet Mustang which quickly sold out. Subsequent 2010 and 2012 model year offerings of the Cobra Jet have proved just as popular.