- All-New 2015 Ford Mustang Begins Production at Flat Rock Assembly Plant; Marks Global Availability of Iconic Pony Car
The highly-anticipated, all-new Ford Mustang rolls off the line today at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, marking the start of production of the sixth-generation of the iconic pony car. For the first time in its 50-year history, Ford will bring the Mustang to customers globally in more than 120 countries around the world.
- Testing of new Right-hand-drive Mustang Begins
BRENTWOOD, England – For the first time, a right-hand-drive Mustang will roll off a Ford assembly line when global production begins.
- 50 Years of Ford Mustang Continues With Mustang Alley at Annual Woodward Dream Cruise and Mustang Memories
Woodward Dream Cruise, Detroit’s annual automotive rite of summer, returns Aug. 16, 2014, and Ford Mustang fans will celebrate 50 years of their favorite car at Mustang Alley in Ferndale. The charity raffle drawing for a one-of-a-kind 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years Limited Edition convertible will take place in Mustang Alley at 5:30 p.m.
- Ford Announces Power Outputs for All-New Mustang; Lightweight Body and Performance Chassis
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company has revealed power outputs and performance details for the all-new Ford Mustang.
- Five Mustangs, three men, 50 years and counting
Few things can bring a father and son together as quickly as shared admiration of a car. In the case of Kevin Leach – now finance and sales manager at Steeltown Ford Sales in Selkirk, Manitoba – that car has always been a Mustang.
- New Ford Mustang Joins Biggest Ever Mustang Gathering in Europe to Mark 50 Years of Global Motoring Icon
COLOGNE, Germany – The biggest ever gathering of Ford Mustangs in Europe thrilled fans and owners from across Europe who met to celebrate 50 years of the iconic car and to witness the first unveiling of the new Ford Mustang in Germany.
- Dealer Order Banks Now Open for All-New 2015 Ford Mustang
DEARBORN, Mich. - For Ford Mustang fans everywhere, today they are one big step closer to experiencing the next generation as Ford has begun accepting dealer orders for the 2015 fastback.
- After 50 Years, Ford Mustang Finally Makes It to Outer Space
DEARBORN, Mich. - As far as we know, Pegasus, the winged horse of ancient Greek mythology never actually made it to outer space, but on May 2, 2014, a Ford Mustang did just that.
- Ford Mustang Gets Fine Art Treatment: U.K. Sculptor Robin Bark Creates 50 Years Limited Edition Pieces
DEARBORN, Mich. - For many fans of automotive design, the vintage Ford Mustang has long been considered a rolling work of art. Now, the iconic pony car has become a piece of fine art. As part of the 50 years of Mustang celebrations, U.K.-based artist Robin Bark has been licensed by Ford Motor Company to turn Mustang into a limited-edition collectible sculpture.
- Classic Mustang GT Stars in Bullitt Homage
BRENTWOOD, England - The epic car chase from the classic 1968 film Bullitt is still hailed as one of the most dramatic, exciting and influential in movie history.
- Pony Profiles: Mustang Owners Attend 50 Years of Mustang Celebrations
“The car was beautiful, I loved the long hood. The first one I saw was a high performance fastback and I got to drive it – that was 1965,” said Ray Bryan, 70, when asked about his first impression of the Ford Mustang. Bryan has made a living restoring cars, primarily Fords, and he told @Ford he’s always been a Ford guy when we caught up with him during the 50 years of Mustang celebration in Charlotte, NC in April.
- One-of-a-Kind 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years Convertible Being Raffled to Support Multiple Sclerosis
Ford continues its longstanding support of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society by offering a one-of-a-kind 2015 Mustang 50 Years convertible to be raffled off this summer. The winner of this exclusive convertible featuring select content from the 50 Year Limited Edition fastback will be announced in Mustang Alley in Ferndale, Mich., on Aug. 16, 2014 during the annual Woodward Dream Cruise.
- Rare Mustang to be Auctioned in England
SILVERSTONE, England - An original 1964 Ford Mustang 1/2 Coupe, produced as part of the earliest production run of the iconic car, will go under the hammer at Silverstone Auctions’ May Sale on May 24th.
- The Ultimate UEFA Champions League Goal? Ford Opens Order Book for the New Mustang Exclusively During the Final
COLOGNE, Germany – When the UEFA Champions League Final between Real Madrid CF and Club Atlético de Madrid kicks off on May 24 it also will mark a moment for which Ford Mustang fans in Europe have been waiting a very long time.
- Pony Profiles: Mustang Owners Attend 50 Years of Mustang Celebrations
Most Ford Mustang lovers recall the exact moment they first set eyes on the iconic pony car with great fondness, but for Shelby Fix, it would be hard to pinpoint a singular moment of introduction.
- Mustang celebrates 50th anniversary with Middle East enthusiasts in massive event in Dubai
As global celebrations marked the legendary car’s golden anniversary, Ford Middle East commemorated Mustang’s 50th anniversary in true muscle car spirit at a massive event in Dubai’s Meydan Hotel.
- Thousands Flock to World Headquarters to Celebrate Mustang’s 50th
DEARBORN – More than 3,000 employees and retirees flocked to Ford World Headquarters Thursday, April 17, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the iconic Ford Mustang.
- Ford in the Press – Week ending 18.04.14
Mustang’s 50th anniversary dominates Ford’s presence in the media this week. There’s also extensive coverage of Focus extending its position as the world’s best-selling nameplate…
- Innovative Software Gives Racers Industry-Exclusive Performance Feature for All-New 2015 Ford Mustang GT
DEARBORN - Ford engineers are leveraging state-of-the-art controls software technology to give some of the most avid Mustang customers an industry-first feature – electronic line-lock.
- Taking the ‘Pedi to the Metal’ – OPI Unveils Ford Mustang Nail Lacquer Collection
NEW YORK – OPI and Ford Motor Company are going full throttle and taking the “pedi to the metal” with the official launch of the limited-edition nail lacquer collection inspired by the popular Ford Mustang. The OPI Ford Mustang collection features six Mustang-inspired shades that are set to hit U.S. stores in July.
- Celebrating 50 Years of Mustang – A Message from Bill Ford
DEARBORN - Fifty years after the introduction of the Ford Mustang at the World’s Fair, today the company will celebrate the milestone with events happening around the globe.
- Time Lapse Video: Reconstructing the 1964 Empire State Building Event
NEW YORK - To reenact a publicity feat conducted nearly 50 years ago when the first Mustang convertible was unveiled, Ford once again took to getting an all-new Mustang convertible atop the Empire State Building.
- Ford Mustang 50 years: Complete Coverage
DEARBORN - Ford Mustang will become the newest member of a very exclusive club – vehicles in continuous production for 50 years. In its first 49 years, Mustang has gained a worldwide base of avid fans, including more than 5 million see articles and videos about the Ford Mustang and celebration of 50 years of continuous production.
- Unleashing Passion and Creativity – Ford Launches Global Fashion Collaboration Marking Mustang’s 50th
NEW YORK – Ford Motor Company celebrates Mustang with its first-ever global collaboration with world-renowned designers to create a one-of-a-kind apparel collection.
- Celebrating 50 Years of an Icon: Top Designers Mark Mustang’s Anniversary with Limited-Edition Collection
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company celebrates Mustang with its first-ever global collaboration with world-renowned designers to create a one-of-a-kind apparel collection.
- Mustang Memories Countdown: Recap
DEARBORN - As we get closer to the 50 years celebration of Ford Mustang, @Ford had the opportunity to sit down and chat with employees, club members and retirees about their memories around the iconic pony car.
- Fields Goes ‘Back to the Future’
NEW YORK - Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields opened the New York International Auto Show Wednesday with a "Back to the Future" themed keynote speech highlighting the tremendous benefits of innovation over the years. Read his remarks to learn which new technologies are on the horizon for Ford.
- Mustang Reenacts Empire State Building Feat
NEW YORK - The celebration of 50 years of the Ford Mustang continues atop the Empire State Building where an all-new Mustang has been placed on the 86th floor observatory – the second time in history a car has topped the building. The only other car display on the Empire State Building observation happened in 1965 with a Mustang convertible. Getting the vehicle up to the display space proved to be just as challenging 50 years later considering helicopter and crane delivery could not be used in either instance. The photo gallery below details the dramatic unveiling of the Mustang convertible 86 stories up. Visitors to the Empire State Building observation deck can see the new Mustang convertible from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m., April 16-17.
- Ford Pays Homage to Five Decades of the World’s Favorite Pony Car with Limited-Production 50 Year Edition Mustang
NEW YORK – Fifty years after debuting one of the world’s most popular cars, Ford is marking the milestone by revealing a Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition. Created to honor five decades of Mustang heritage, only 1,964 examples of the 50 Year Limited Edition will ever be built when it goes on sale this fall.
- Mustang Road Trip: Dearborn to New York
DEARBORN - On Monday, April 14, 2014, Moray Callum vice president, Design, and Chris Svensson, Design director, The Americas, left the Dearborn Inn to head to New York in their ’65 and ’67 Mustangs, driving the same route that media drove 50 years ago.