- Fuel-Sipping Fiesta with EcoBoost Engine Grabs Multiple Honors at Texas Auto Writers Association Rally
FORT WORTH, Texas – Ford Fiesta with the award-winning EcoBoost engine won four major categories in a 49-vehicle event at the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) Auto Roundup rally competition held Monday at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Where are You on the Green Spectrum?
DEARBORN – Whichever green-group you fall into, eco-expert Danny Seo and Ford Motor Company want you to know that going green (or going greener) isn’t something to shy away from.
- Ford Honors World Water Day through Daily Conservation, Long Term Strategies
DEARBORN - Water conservation is a popular topic today. From being concerned about the lack of water in drought-stricken regions to reminding the kids to turn off the water while they brush their teeth, personal consciousness of water as a valuable resource is growing.
- Ford Electrified Vehicles 101: What Ford Employees Need to Know
DEARBORN - Are you well-schooled on the Ford electrified vehicle lineup? To ensure Ford team members have the information necessary to be successful ambassadors for these Ford products, @Ford is kicking off a new Did you know? series dedicated to electrified vehicles. Important statistics and information about Ford EVs and hybrids will appear weekly in the notes section of @FordOnline. As a primer to receiving these tid-bits, Electrified Powertrain Engineer Kevin Layden, recently shared the EV basics with @Ford.
- Behind the Blue Oval: An Oasis of Comfort, Convenience at NAIAS
DETROIT – During the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), Detroit’s Cobo Hall is a very busy place. Media and other attendees rushing from press conference to press conference covering miles of carpet-covered concrete and frantically racing to meet a plethora of deadlines. This year, in Cobo’s newly renovated Grand River Ballroom; Ford provided a convenient and comfortable oasis for press day attendees in the first-of-its-kinds attraction: Behind the Blue Oval.
- Ford Earns Top 10 Ranking for Corporate Responsibility, Says KPMG
DEARBORN - An independent survey published by KPMG ranks Ford among the 10 leading global companies for corporate responsibility reporting.
- Environmental Quality Office Announces 2013 APA Environmental Leadership Awards
SHANGHAI, China — Protecting the environment is a significant focus for Ford Motor Company. So at the Environmental Quality Office’s (EQO) regional environmental compliance workshop in Shanghai last month, each plant in the region was given the opportunity to showcase their environmental success stories.
- First CNG-Capable 2014 Ford F-150 Rolls Off the Line in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY - Ford, America’s truck leader, began production of the 2014 F-150 with the ability to run on compressed natural gas, making Ford the only manufacturer with an available CNG/LPG-capable half-ton pickup.
- Ford, WWF, Leading Consumer Brands Unite to Encourage Development of Bioplastics
DEARBORN - Ford, with World Wildlife Fund, The Coca-Cola Company, Danone, H.J. Heinz Company, Nestle, Nike, Procter & Gamble and Unilever are launching the Bioplastic Feedstock Alliance. The BFA’s only automaker, Ford will work alongside other member brands to drive environmentally responsible, socially beneficial and economically viable production of bioplastic feedstocks.
- Ford Embracing Analytics and Big Data to Inform Eco-Conscious Decisions, Stay Green
DEARBORN - Not too far from where factory workers assemble Ford cars and trucks, analytics experts in the company’s Research and Innovation Center are building something entirely different but equally important: complex mathematical models to help Ford sharpen its competitive edge while limiting its environmental impact.
- Lincoln Brand Pillars: Quality, Design and Personal Service
DEARBORN - Quality, Design and Personal Service are the pillars of the Lincoln brand, and they will be at the heart of all communications going forward – both internal and external – as Lincoln continues its reinvention. These pillars are similar in nature to the Ford brand’s Quality, Green, Safe, and Smart pillars.
- Built Ford Green: Sustainable Materials Make America’s Best-Selling Truck Environmentally Friendly and Tough
DEARBORN - Ford is proving that pickups can be green and tough by adding rice hulls to the list of sustainable materials used to build F-150 – America’s best-selling truck.
- Ford of Canada Showcases the Power of Choice
SHERBROOKE, Quebec - Ford of Canada is showcasing its fuel-efficient lineup as part of a cross-country Power of Choice tour, which kicked off recently in Sherbrooke, Quebec. The tour gives attendees the chance to get behind the wheel of hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles, in addition to providing general tips to help drivers get the best fuel economy from their vehicle every day.
- Philly Is New Green Hotbed, Dallas Has Its Hands Full, New Yorkers Are Stargazing Based on Ford Escape Sales Trends
DEARBORN – Bucking longstanding trends, Philadelphians are going greener than all other major cities based on sales of the new Escape and Explorer equipped with Ford’s advanced, fuel-saving EcoBoost engine.
- Ford Skyrockets to Second Greenest Brand in the World
NEW YORK - Ford shot up 13 spots in a new report ranking companies largely on public perception of a brand’s sustainable or green practices to become the second greenest brand in the world.
- 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Wins the First-Ever Canadian Green Car Award
OAKVILLE - The 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid was honoured with the first-ever Canadian Green Car Award, in a ceremony held today at the Toronto Green Living Show.
- Ford Cuts Global Water Use 8.5 Percent per Vehicle from 2011 to 2012; Total Usage Down 62 Percent Since 2000
DEARBORN – Ford reduced the average amount of water used to make each vehicle by 8.5 percent between 2011 and 2012 – putting the company more than halfway toward its current goal of using an average of just 4 cubic meters per vehicle globally by 2015.
- Ford Aims to Cut Waste-to-Landfill 40 Percent per Vehicle by 2016 through New Five-Year Global Waste Reduction Plan
DEARBORN – Cutting waste-to-landfill at Ford’s Van Dyke Transmission Plant has always been important to workers there, but they weren’t satisfied until last fall, when a small, diligent local committee played a major role in solving a nagging 10-ton problem.
- Ford India’s Green Practices Go Beyond Making a Better World
CHENNAI, India —Ford India’s green and sustainable manufacturing practices seem to be resulting in more than just a better world. Recognizing the efforts by Ford India to install solar water heaters at its canteen, the Tamil Nadu Energy Development Authority (TEDA) recently handed over a cheque for Rs 13.61 lakh (approximately US$25,680) to the company as a government subsidy.
- Ford, Eaton, SunPower and Whirlpool Team Up for Electric Energy Initiative
LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company today announces a strategic collaboration that will demonstrate how a typical American family can significantly reduce their electricity bills and CO2 footprint by integrating home appliance technology with a plug-in vehicle to achieve an energy-efficient lifestyle.
- Ford is ‘Top Riser’ in Best Global Green Brands Report
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company is a “Top Riser” in Interbrand’s 2nd Annual Best Global Green Brands Report, which identifies the gap between customer perception and a brand’s performance relative to sustainability.
- Ford “Green Date” Tells Compelling Sustainability Story
CHONGQING, China — For Ford, being “green” is by no means an empty corporate promise—it’s a material issue that impacts our long-term business. As an automaker in a resource-constrained world, addressing tomorrow’s societal and environmental challenges is critical to sustaining the company’s long term success.
- Ford Goes Green at Nampo
PRETORIA, South Africa — Ford is going green at the largest agricultural show in the southern hemisphere, Nampo.
- Ford Showcases its Power of Choice Vision with the Ford Focus Electric
NEW YORK - The driver looks cautiously over his shoulder, eyeing the flow of yellow blurs rushing down the street like New York taxis – because they are taxis and this is New York.
- Ford Launches Documentary Series, Education Push & Electric Car to Help Customers Make Greener Shift
NEW YORK – Ford is “charging” into Earth Day by launching new initiatives that encourage people to take a more sustainable approach in life year-round with a national electrified vehicle education program, multi-city tour, and the debut of a 10-film, short documentary series with SHFT.com, an award-winning sustainability lifestyle platform.
- Higher Oil Costs Could Speed Up the Use of New ‘Green’ Materials Such as Old U.S. Paper Money in Future Fords
DEARBORN – Rising oil prices have Ford upping the ante in its push to reduce petroleum dependence and use more sustainable materials – including retired U.S. paper currency – to make parts.