- Environmental Quality Office Announces 2013 APA Environmental Leadership Awards
SHANGHAI, China — Protecting the environment is a significant focus for Ford Motor Company. So at the Environmental Quality Office’s (EQO) regional environmental compliance workshop in Shanghai last month, each plant in the region was given the opportunity to showcase their environmental success stories.
- First CNG-Capable 2014 Ford F-150 Rolls Off the Line in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY - Ford, America’s truck leader, began production of the 2014 F-150 with the ability to run on compressed natural gas, making Ford the only manufacturer with an available CNG/LPG-capable half-ton pickup.
- Ford, WWF, Leading Consumer Brands Unite to Encourage Development of Bioplastics
DEARBORN - Ford, with World Wildlife Fund, The Coca-Cola Company, Danone, H.J. Heinz Company, Nestle, Nike, Procter & Gamble and Unilever are launching the Bioplastic Feedstock Alliance. The BFA’s only automaker, Ford will work alongside other member brands to drive environmentally responsible, socially beneficial and economically viable production of bioplastic feedstocks.
- Ford Embracing Analytics and Big Data to Inform Eco-Conscious Decisions, Stay Green
DEARBORN - Not too far from where factory workers assemble Ford cars and trucks, analytics experts in the company’s Research and Innovation Center are building something entirely different but equally important: complex mathematical models to help Ford sharpen its competitive edge while limiting its environmental impact.
- Lincoln Brand Pillars: Quality, Design and Personal Service
DEARBORN - Quality, Design and Personal Service are the pillars of the Lincoln brand, and they will be at the heart of all communications going forward – both internal and external – as Lincoln continues its reinvention. These pillars are similar in nature to the Ford brand’s Quality, Green, Safe, and Smart pillars.
- Built Ford Green: Sustainable Materials Make America’s Best-Selling Truck Environmentally Friendly and Tough
DEARBORN - Ford is proving that pickups can be green and tough by adding rice hulls to the list of sustainable materials used to build F-150 – America’s best-selling truck.
- Ford of Canada Showcases the Power of Choice
SHERBROOKE, Quebec - Ford of Canada is showcasing its fuel-efficient lineup as part of a cross-country Power of Choice tour, which kicked off recently in Sherbrooke, Quebec. The tour gives attendees the chance to get behind the wheel of hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles, in addition to providing general tips to help drivers get the best fuel economy from their vehicle every day.
- Philly Is New Green Hotbed, Dallas Has Its Hands Full, New Yorkers Are Stargazing Based on Ford Escape Sales Trends
DEARBORN – Bucking longstanding trends, Philadelphians are going greener than all other major cities based on sales of the new Escape and Explorer equipped with Ford’s advanced, fuel-saving EcoBoost engine.
- Ford Skyrockets to Second Greenest Brand in the World
NEW YORK - Ford shot up 13 spots in a new report ranking companies largely on public perception of a brand’s sustainable or green practices to become the second greenest brand in the world.
- 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Wins the First-Ever Canadian Green Car Award
OAKVILLE - The 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid was honoured with the first-ever Canadian Green Car Award, in a ceremony held today at the Toronto Green Living Show.
- Ford Cuts Global Water Use 8.5 Percent per Vehicle from 2011 to 2012; Total Usage Down 62 Percent Since 2000
DEARBORN – Ford reduced the average amount of water used to make each vehicle by 8.5 percent between 2011 and 2012 – putting the company more than halfway toward its current goal of using an average of just 4 cubic meters per vehicle globally by 2015.
- Ford Aims to Cut Waste-to-Landfill 40 Percent per Vehicle by 2016 through New Five-Year Global Waste Reduction Plan
DEARBORN – Cutting waste-to-landfill at Ford’s Van Dyke Transmission Plant has always been important to workers there, but they weren’t satisfied until last fall, when a small, diligent local committee played a major role in solving a nagging 10-ton problem.
- Ford India’s Green Practices Go Beyond Making a Better World
CHENNAI, India —Ford India’s green and sustainable manufacturing practices seem to be resulting in more than just a better world. Recognizing the efforts by Ford India to install solar water heaters at its canteen, the Tamil Nadu Energy Development Authority (TEDA) recently handed over a cheque for Rs 13.61 lakh (approximately US$25,680) to the company as a government subsidy.
- Ford, Eaton, SunPower and Whirlpool Team Up for Electric Energy Initiative
LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company today announces a strategic collaboration that will demonstrate how a typical American family can significantly reduce their electricity bills and CO2 footprint by integrating home appliance technology with a plug-in vehicle to achieve an energy-efficient lifestyle.
- Ford is ‘Top Riser’ in Best Global Green Brands Report
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company is a “Top Riser” in Interbrand’s 2nd Annual Best Global Green Brands Report, which identifies the gap between customer perception and a brand’s performance relative to sustainability.
- Ford “Green Date” Tells Compelling Sustainability Story
CHONGQING, China — For Ford, being “green” is by no means an empty corporate promise—it’s a material issue that impacts our long-term business. As an automaker in a resource-constrained world, addressing tomorrow’s societal and environmental challenges is critical to sustaining the company’s long term success.
- Ford Goes Green at Nampo
PRETORIA, South Africa — Ford is going green at the largest agricultural show in the southern hemisphere, Nampo.
- Ford Showcases its Power of Choice Vision with the Ford Focus Electric
NEW YORK - The driver looks cautiously over his shoulder, eyeing the flow of yellow blurs rushing down the street like New York taxis – because they are taxis and this is New York.
- Ford Launches Documentary Series, Education Push & Electric Car to Help Customers Make Greener Shift
NEW YORK – Ford is “charging” into Earth Day by launching new initiatives that encourage people to take a more sustainable approach in life year-round with a national electrified vehicle education program, multi-city tour, and the debut of a 10-film, short documentary series with SHFT.com, an award-winning sustainability lifestyle platform.
- Higher Oil Costs Could Speed Up the Use of New ‘Green’ Materials Such as Old U.S. Paper Money in Future Fords
DEARBORN – Rising oil prices have Ford upping the ante in its push to reduce petroleum dependence and use more sustainable materials – including retired U.S. paper currency – to make parts.
- Ford Brazil Announces the Results of Its Program to Reduce Water Consumption
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford Brazil released on March 22, the World Water Day, the results of its program of Reduction of Water Consumption. Brazil has already reached the global target established by Ford for 2015, below 4 cubical meters for produced vehicle, and continues to work to reduce more this number.
- Ford Asia Pacific and Africa Plants Reduce Water Use by 25%
APA –World Water Day was March 22, but every day is Water Day for Ford Motor Company. A recently announced goal calls for Ford to cut the amount of water used to make each vehicle 30 percent globally by 2015, compared with 2009.
- National Grid Helps Reenergize Ford Stamping Plant
BUFFALO, NY - National Grid and Ford Motor Company today unveiled a $2.7 million energy efficiency project at Ford’s Buffalo Stamping Plant in Woodlawn, NY that will transform the plant’s lighting system and significantly reduce its energy use and costs. National Grid awarded Ford a $1.35 million grant for the project, the largest energy efficiency grant the company has ever awarded in Upstate New York since the program was introduced in 2009.
- Ford To Slash Landfill Waste And Cut Water Consumption
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company has committed to making massive cuts in the waste it sends to landfill, as well as the water it uses, across its European production.
- AAI Award Winning Environmental Approach Eliminates Landfill Waste, Produces Alternative Energy Source
DEARBORN – Ford’s Environmental Quality Office (EQO) developed a strategy to reduce the overall environmental impact of Ford’s manufacturing operations across the globe. The strategy has been in place for nearly a decade and is anchored by three key priorities: reducing water usage, lessening the amount of waste sent to landfills and pursuing an integrated air emissions control approach that also reduces greenhouse gas emissions and improves energy efficiency.
- Ford Uses Kenaf Plant Inside Doors in the All-New Escape, Saving Weight and Energy
DEARBORN – Drivers of the all-new Ford Escape may be surprised to find out there is a plant inside the door.
- Ford and SHFT.com Encourage Sustainability with New Documentary Series
PARK CITY, Utah – Ford Motor Company reveals new details about its exclusive collaboration with SHFT.com, announcing an inspiring documentary series featuring innovative leaders who are shaping sustainable businesses and influencing positive change around the world. The first set of films – directed by Gilly Barnes and executive-produced by Adrian Grenier and Peter Glatzer, SHFT cofounders – are scheduled for release in spring 2012.
- Four Ford Pillars Shine at NAIAS
DETROIT - Ford’s commitment to leadership in the four pillars – Quality, Green, Safe and Smart – shines at the 2012 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
- Waste Water Treatment at AAI
FLAT ROCK, Mich. - About six million gallons of water are processed each month at AAI's on-site Waste Water Treatment Plant. The treatment plant removes oils, solids and metals from the water before it is recycled back into Lake Erie. Water treatment can be an expensive part of the business, but improved paint processes have helped to reduce the use of water, paint and other chemicals.
- Ford, REPREVE to Recycle 2 Million Plastic Bottles Back into the New 2012 Focus Electric and Other Vehicles
DEARBORN – Ford, through the use of REPREVE®, plans to divert about 2 million post-consumer plastic bottles for use in the new Focus Electric and other new vehicles for the next model year.