- Fuel-Sipping Fiesta with EcoBoost Engine Grabs Multiple Honors at Texas Auto Writers Association Rally
FORT WORTH, Texas – Ford Fiesta with the award-winning EcoBoost engine won four major categories in a 49-vehicle event at the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) Auto Roundup rally competition held Monday at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Where are You on the Green Spectrum?
DEARBORN – Whichever green-group you fall into, eco-expert Danny Seo and Ford Motor Company want you to know that going green (or going greener) isn’t something to shy away from.
- Ford Honors World Water Day through Daily Conservation, Long Term Strategies
DEARBORN - Water conservation is a popular topic today. From being concerned about the lack of water in drought-stricken regions to reminding the kids to turn off the water while they brush their teeth, personal consciousness of water as a valuable resource is growing.
- Ford Electrified Vehicles 101: What Ford Employees Need to Know
DEARBORN - Are you well-schooled on the Ford electrified vehicle lineup? To ensure Ford team members have the information necessary to be successful ambassadors for these Ford products, @Ford is kicking off a new Did you know? series dedicated to electrified vehicles. Important statistics and information about Ford EVs and hybrids will appear weekly in the notes section of @FordOnline. As a primer to receiving these tid-bits, Electrified Powertrain Engineer Kevin Layden, recently shared the EV basics with @Ford.
- Behind the Blue Oval: An Oasis of Comfort, Convenience at NAIAS
DETROIT – During the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), Detroit’s Cobo Hall is a very busy place. Media and other attendees rushing from press conference to press conference covering miles of carpet-covered concrete and frantically racing to meet a plethora of deadlines. This year, in Cobo’s newly renovated Grand River Ballroom; Ford provided a convenient and comfortable oasis for press day attendees in the first-of-its-kinds attraction: Behind the Blue Oval.
- Ford Earns Top 10 Ranking for Corporate Responsibility, Says KPMG
DEARBORN - An independent survey published by KPMG ranks Ford among the 10 leading global companies for corporate responsibility reporting.
- Environmental Quality Office Announces 2013 APA Environmental Leadership Awards
SHANGHAI, China — Protecting the environment is a significant focus for Ford Motor Company. So at the Environmental Quality Office’s (EQO) regional environmental compliance workshop in Shanghai last month, each plant in the region was given the opportunity to showcase their environmental success stories.
- First CNG-Capable 2014 Ford F-150 Rolls Off the Line in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY - Ford, America’s truck leader, began production of the 2014 F-150 with the ability to run on compressed natural gas, making Ford the only manufacturer with an available CNG/LPG-capable half-ton pickup.
- Ford, WWF, Leading Consumer Brands Unite to Encourage Development of Bioplastics
DEARBORN - Ford, with World Wildlife Fund, The Coca-Cola Company, Danone, H.J. Heinz Company, Nestle, Nike, Procter & Gamble and Unilever are launching the Bioplastic Feedstock Alliance. The BFA’s only automaker, Ford will work alongside other member brands to drive environmentally responsible, socially beneficial and economically viable production of bioplastic feedstocks.
- Ford Embracing Analytics and Big Data to Inform Eco-Conscious Decisions, Stay Green
DEARBORN - Not too far from where factory workers assemble Ford cars and trucks, analytics experts in the company’s Research and Innovation Center are building something entirely different but equally important: complex mathematical models to help Ford sharpen its competitive edge while limiting its environmental impact.
- Lincoln Brand Pillars: Quality, Design and Personal Service
DEARBORN - Quality, Design and Personal Service are the pillars of the Lincoln brand, and they will be at the heart of all communications going forward – both internal and external – as Lincoln continues its reinvention. These pillars are similar in nature to the Ford brand’s Quality, Green, Safe, and Smart pillars.
- Built Ford Green: Sustainable Materials Make America’s Best-Selling Truck Environmentally Friendly and Tough
DEARBORN - Ford is proving that pickups can be green and tough by adding rice hulls to the list of sustainable materials used to build F-150 – America’s best-selling truck.