- Ford Volunteers Go Further in Spain
Hundreds of Ford employees in Spain showed their support for worthy causes by doing charity work during Ford’s Global Month of Caring in September.
- Ford of Germany Employees Go Further to Help Refugees
Ford employees are Going Further to help the increasing number of refugees seeking safety and shelter in Germany, through a variety of Community Involvement projects and other initiatives.
- Ford Volunteers in Germany Go Further to Support Syrian Refugees
COLOGNE, Germany – Germany has opened its border to refugees fleeing the war in Syria and Ford volunteers are Going Further to support relief efforts.
- Successful muesli initiative supports the homeless in Switzerland
With a muesli initiative, employees of the Ford branch in Wallisellen in Switzerland have gathered strength for themselves and money for the work of the Pfarrer Sieber charitable organisation. The initiative raised almost 1200 francs. A fantastic sign of solidarity!
- ‘We are absolutely on the road to profitability in Europe’ – Jim Farley
Ford of Europe chairman and CEO Jim Farley said Ford is edging ever closer to profitability in Europe, during a special Go Further Webcast filmed at a flagship FordStore in the UK.
- “Ford is a growth company” Mark Fields tells Merkenich townhall meeting
“2015 is poised to be a breakthrough year for Ford globally,” Mark Fields, president, Ford Motor Company, told more than 280 employees attending a Townhall meeting in the Merkenich Design Centre earlier this week.
- Jim Farley: "We want employees to be passionate advocates for our products."
New Mustang, Mondeo Vignale, drive assist innovations, and the importance of employee advocacy are discussed by Jim Farley, president, Europe, Middle East and Africa, in an exclusive @Ford Online interview.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Tony Savoni Fosters Respectful and Inclusive Environment
As a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Winner in the category of Fostering a Respectful and Inclusive Environment, Tony Savoni has demonstrated just that. He actively works towards fostering an environment where every employee is included and an integrated part of the Essex Engine Plant team. He is an excellent motivator who manages to stay positive even in tough situations.
- Ford Employee Restores Model T to its Original Splendor
Randy Shelton was snapping photos at an old car festival at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan, when he was invited for a ride in a 1930 two-door Model A. Shelton, a Ford powertrain engineer, was captivated by the vehicle. “I used to be more into muscle cars,” said Shelton. “After riding in the Model A, I was hooked.”
- Ford of Spain Employees Go Further to Support Nepal Earthquake Victims
VALENCIA, Spain – Ford of Spain employees have donated thousands of Euros to help victims of the Nepalese earthquake disaster.
- Go Further: Bicycle Day at Lommel Proving Ground
Every year, on Whit Sunday, the test vehicles usually driven on Ford’s high security Lommel Proving Ground in Belgium are locked away and the site’s 80 km of roads are opened to thousands of cyclists and skaters.
- Food for Thought - How Ford’s Chefs Go Further to Provide Fresh Tasty Meals
Each year the kitchen staff at Ford of Germany cook more than 655,000 lunches for employees, and right now asparagus is flavour of the month.
- How Ford’s Most Sensitive Employee is Positively Influencing Product Development
In the Ford product development centre in Merkenich, Dr Michael Haverkamp, a specialist in multisensual harmonisation, is focussing his work on four different leather samples.
- Ford Goes Further to Help Nursery Children in Germany
Fifteen Ford employees are Going Further to enrich the lives of children at a nursery in Cologne, Germany, by refurbishing 19 ride-on vehicles for them to play with.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: George George Leads the Way with Continuous Improvement at Ford
George George lives and breathes the One Ford behavior – and, as a result, earned a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award in Leading the Way.
- Neppesser Schlümpfe – Ford Employees’ Carnival Going Social
2015 is a very special year for Ford retiree Horst Treitz as well as for Mario Kurth and his twin brother Ralf Kurth, both working at Ford Pilot Plant Cologne.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Solaris Server Operations Team Promotes Work-Life Flexibility
When it comes to promoting work-life flexibility, the Solaris Server Operations team was increasingly aware of the importance of promoting a healthy work-life balance for their employees. Under the direction of Bharat Kharadia, the team was successful in implementing new flexible work-life integration while working within existing HR policies.
- Ford Goes Further to Celebrate International Women's Day
Ford employees from around the globe have been Going Further to celebrate International Women’s Day, which honours the achievements of women while calling for greater equality.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford Credit Information Technology Team Leverages a Diverse Work Force
Dearborn, Mich. - Ford teams and individuals from around the globe are being recognized with a 2014 Global Diversity and Inclusion Award for demonstrating the Go Further spirit to bring diversity, inclusion and the One Ford commitment to life at Ford Motor Company. @Ford Online will highlight the award recipients throughout the year.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner Leverages Diverse Workforce through Global Volume Planning
Ford’s vehicle volume forecasting (FPV – Financial Planning Volumes) process within Marketing Sales and Service (MS&S) historically involved each market/region using local processes and tools to forecast a 10-year volume projection. While a process for global consolidation was present, the use of different forecasting approaches and assumptions complicated the consolidated view. Additionally, during senior management reviews these varied methods did not portray a sense of unity.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford Hispanic Network Strengthens External Partnerships
DEARBORN, Mich. - The Ford Hispanic Network (FHN) has been hard at work representing Ford values throughout the community. As a 2014 Global Diversity and Inclusion-award winner, FHN represents all aspects of Hispanic heritage, who together drive efforts to enhance employment, career development, cultural awareness, community service, external partnerships, professional development and retention of Hispanics in our work force.
- Jim Farley: Every person can make a difference in European transformation
Jim Farley, president, Ford of Europe, Middle East and Africa, talks Ford, family and fast cars in this special Go Further Webcast now showing on @Ford Online
- Spelman College Proposal wins $75,000 for ’The Living Kitchen‘ Project
When most people think of gardening, they think of an outdoor cultivated plot of land. But why not garden from the privacy of your own kitchen? The idea, dubbed “The Giving Kitchen,” earned students from Spelman College the top prize at Ford’s 2014 Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU) Community Challenge.
- Ford Interfaith Network (FIN) Muslim Group Hosts 14th Annual Dinner
The Ford Interfaith Network (FIN) Muslim Group held its 14th Annual Dinner at the Ford Motor Credit (FMCC) Cafeteria in Dearborn, Michigan. This year, the FIN Muslim Group partnered with Ford Motor Company Fund to help increase donations to their Fourth Annual Coats for Kids Drive. The FIN Muslim Group turned their annual dinner into a campaign that raised awareness of those in need.
- Ford Accelerated Action Day: Volunteers Deliver Food to the Hungry
More than 700 Ford employees are on the job in soup kitchens, food banks, shelters and care centers across the U.S., teaming up with nonprofit partners to assist the needy during this holiday season.
- Ford Executives Cycle 104 Miles in Ride to Cure Diabetes
Last month, thousands of cyclists pedaled their way through the streets of Tucson, Arizona at the 32nd el Tour de Tucson. The annual race raised money for various charities and consisted of four different distance events around the city that included 104, 75, 55 and 40 mile rides. Among the 9,000 riders were Ford Group Vice President and General Counsel David Leitch and Ford Vice President and Controller Stuart Rowley who were part of a six-person Ford team riding on behalf of JDRF.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Matthew Loynes Raises Awareness of Men’s Health Issues
Over the last four years, Diversity and Inclusion winner Matthew Loynes has taken on the role of global Movember coordinator within Ford Motor Company, raising awareness of men’s health issues. Movember is an annual charity event committed to raising money and global awareness of men’s health issues and to fight against prostate cancer.
- Ford Romania Goes Further: Blood Donations Save Wife of Colleague
Ford Romania employees recently went further by donating blood for a colleague’s wife who needed a life-saving transfusion.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Caspar Dirk Hohage Leverages a Diverse Work Force
As a sponsor and champion of the Henry Ford Scholarship Program, Casper Dirk Hohage, a Diversity and Inclusion award winner, encourages the recruitment of highly qualified female engineers in order to raise their number at Ford and enhance the brand image as a modern diverse employer. Hohage met with scholarship holders several times to give them insight into Ford and demonstrate Ford’s interest in hiring them when they graduate.
- Military Heroes Honored at Ford Veterans Day Celebration
The Ford Veterans Network Group (VET NG) honored military heroes from all branches of service during a Veterans Day celebration held at Ford Word Headquarters in Dearborn. Veterans Day, an American holiday that dates back to the 20th Century, recognizes the achievements, courage and sacrifices of all veterans of war, conflicts and active duty service.