- Born to be Wild – Meet Ford Rock Band FORDever
BUDAPEST, Hungary – Seven amateur musicians from Ford in Hungary are setting the stage alight under the band name FORDever.
- Ford Athlete Ambassadors Set to ‘Play Their Part’ at Glasgow 2014
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford, the Official Automotive Partner of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, has named the first athlete ambassadors who will be supporting its newly-launched #PlayYourPart campaign.
- Stephen Odell: “Cost improvement and the path to profitability in 2015"
Stephen Odell, president, Ford of Europe, Middle East and Africa, and by Lyle Watters, chief financial officer and vice president of Strategic Planning, explain how keeping a firm grip on cost is helping Ford edge closer to profitability in Europe
- A Pink Vest, a Challenge Raise Thousands of Dollars for a Good Cause at MAP
The symbol, a pink vest. The reason, to support breast cancer awareness. The result, a challenge that led to the generosity of Michgan Assembly Plant (MAP) employee donations doubling, twice.
- Team member efforts save $70k at DTP
Ken Halfacre, a Dearborn Truck Plant (DTP) Industrial Engineer, noticed there was a large waste and opportunity for cost savings with the lock set labels that DTP uses on Trim Line 1.
- “Employee of the Quarter” Dieter Schmidt Goes Further for Ford
SAARLOUIS, Germany – Next year, Dieter Schmidt celebrates 45 years of working for Ford. However, at the beginning of this year, there was already cause for celebration when he proved that experience really does pay off.
- Army Acquisition, Logistics Personnel Tour Louisville Assembly
LOUISVILLE - Ford Motor Company is one of the most innovative of car companies. It should come as no surprise that there is a high interest in touring Ford’s many assembly plants and facilities for a glimpse into the process, technology and people that produce best-in-world quality vehicles.
- DIA Winner: Sajit Haridas, Ford Asia Pacific’s Regional Purchasing Director, Strives to Tap Society’s Goodness to Help Orphans in India
CHENNAI, India — It all started in February 2010. That’s when Sajit Haridas, director, Regional Purchasing, Asia Pacific, started waking up at the crack of dawn every day to visit the wholesale vegetable market in Chennai.
- Ford Celebrates 95 Years in Brazil with the Biggest Renovation in its History
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford Brazil celebrates today its 95th anniversary. The company reaches this milestone with a portfolio of global products, the biggest vehicle renovation in its history and the introduction of new technologies that improves the efficiency and car safety in different segments of the market (cars, pick-ups and light, medium and heavy trucks).
- Ford Fund Brings American Sabor Exhibition to Museo de las Americas in Puerto Rico
“American Sabor: Latinos in U.S. Popular Music,” a Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibition sponsored by the Ford Motor Company Fund, is on display in Puerto Rico at the Museo de Las Américas.
- Louisville Assembly’s Tami Hatfield Wins DIA Award
Corporate citizenship is a daily initiative for Ford Employee Relations Associate Tami Hatfield. Hartfield, a recent winner of the company’s Diversity and Inclusion award who works in Vehicle Operations at Louisville Assembly Plant, involves both hourly and salaried employees in efforts to raise donations for Ford-sponsored charities.
- Ford India Goes Further to Bring Alive a Better World
CHENNAI, India — Eager faces, shy smiles and excited chatter greeted representatives from Ford’s Global Business Services as they visited The Seva Samaj and Children’s Garden School on Feb 7. Students and teachers at both campuses warmly welcomed the Ford representatives who were present to inaugurate the new facilities in the schools that were supported by Ford.
- Santa Claus in a Tourneo Custom: Ford Hungary Supports Christmas Charities
BUDAPEST, Hungary – Ford Hungary is ensuring that young people throughout the country enjoy Christmas.
- Ford to Reveal New Mustang and Much More at Go Further Event in Barcelona
BARCELONA, Spain - Ford of Europe will reveal the new Ford Mustang and a host other exciting new vehicles and technologies at a special Go Further event in Barcelona, Spain, on December 5.
- Ford Plants Honored to Host Operation Raptor, Veterans
DEARBORN - Veterans Day was just a couple of weeks ago, but the pride and honor of Ford employees who are veterans showed recently when a specially painted Raptor pickup made the rounds of three southeast Michigan plants. “Operation Raptor” kicked off a two-year tour of America by visiting Romeo Engine, Dearborn Truck (DTP) and Dearborn Tool and Die (DTD).
- Environmental Quality Office Announces 2013 APA Environmental Leadership Awards
SHANGHAI, China — Protecting the environment is a significant focus for Ford Motor Company. So at the Environmental Quality Office’s (EQO) regional environmental compliance workshop in Shanghai last month, each plant in the region was given the opportunity to showcase their environmental success stories.
- Ford Brazil Opens New Customer Center & Inaugurates Service Advanced Technology
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford has improved its service center by opening new facilities and applying advanced technology resources in the sector. The goal is to increase performance, service productivity and guarantee a wide, straight and fast connection with the customer.
- Ford Northeast Industrial Complex Donates Oral Hygiene kits
CAMAÇARI, Bahia - The Citizenship Committee of Ford Northeast Industrial Complex had a special solidarity initiative, as part of the Global Week of Caring actions. The volunteers donated oral hygiene kits to the Emanuel Social Institution, located in Camaçari, Bahia.
- Ford Shanghai-Based Employees Share Their Baking Love
SHANGHAI, China –Tiantian, 25, comes to the Shanghai Enrichment Community Center from Monday to Friday to learn calligraphy, handcrafts, drawing and baking. Although she suffers from a mental disability, just like everyone she needs friends, love and encouragement.
- President of The Americas Shares His Thoughts on the Importance of the United Way Mission
DEARBORN - The United Way has been touching lives in communities throughout America for more than 125 years, and I’d like to share a story about how the United Way has impacted me.
- Warriors in Pink Model Survival 365 Days Per Year
DEARBORN - Each October, in honor of breast cancer awareness month, Ford’s breast cancer awareness and fundraising campaign Warriors in Pink uses Ford ad space on the inside cover of Automotive News to draw attention to the cause. This year the ad is especially meaningful as all the survivors feature in the ad are Ford employees or retirees. Emphasizing even more why, for Warriors in Pink, every month is breast cancer awareness month because it affects our Ford family and too many others and it doesn’t take any days off.
- Warriors in Pink Tour NYC with Love and Cupcakes
NEW YORK - October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and on Oct. 8 and 9 Ford Warriors in Pink (WIP) will travel around New York City with actor Gilles Marini in a branded Love and Cupcakes WIP food truck, passing out free cupcakes and selling WIP apparel.
- GO FURTHER: United Way Giving Campaign Kicks Off Today
DEARBORN - Building strong communities everywhere we live and work has always been a part of our DNA at Ford where we Go Further.
- Torch Lighting Ceremony Ignites Annual Fundraising Campaign
DETROIT – Early Friday morning, Mark Fields, Ford Motor Company chief operating officer and 2013/2014 Campaign Chair for the United Way of Southeast Michigan, along with a number of business and community leaders, came together for the local United Way chapters’ annual torch lighting ceremony. The ceremony kicks off a new campaign season and this year, the goals are grand.
- United Way for Southeastern Michigan Lights Torch to Kick Off $40 Million Community Giving Campaign
DETROIT – Ford Motor Company Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields, who also serves as chair of United Way for Southeastern Michigan’s 2013 campaign, kicked off the annual community giving initiative today with a symbolic torch-lighting ceremony at Detroit’s Hart Plaza.
- Ford India Customers Take Saplings Home during GWC
NEW DELHI, India — It was not just the employee volunteers that brought alive the spirit of the Ford Global Week of Caring in India, but dealers also contributed in a significant way by educating their customers about Ford’s green initiatives and going further by distributing saplings during the week across India.
- Over 850 Volunteers in India Spread Cheer during GWC
The Global Week of Caring is an occasion of celebration of volunteerism at Ford India where employees—across teams, functions and age come together to make projects happen that improve lives in and around communities where Ford operates.
- School Kids Express Their Creativity at GWC Event
CHENNAI, India — The courtyard of Melrosapuram CSI High School wore a festive look last week as students from ten nearby schools gathered there to celebrate their creative talents. The occasion was the inauguration of Ford’s eighth Global Week of Caring, under which the children were invited to take part in drawing, painting and essay-writing competitions.
- Ford Volunteers Join Weekend Walkathon in Shanghai; Give Children of Migrant School a New Library
SHANGHAI, China – Ford volunteers are walking further into the community during this year’s Global Week of Caring (GWC). Dressed in Blue Oval t-shirts, a group of more than 400 Ford employees and their families joined a charity walk last Saturday in Thames Town, a major residential area on the outskirts of Shanghai.
- Ford Asia Pacific Employees Come Together for Global Week of Caring
SHANGHAI, China – Ford employees across the Asia Pacific region are doing their part to build a better world this week.