- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Casper Dirk Hohage Leverages a Diverse Work Force
As a sponsor and champion of the Henry Ford Scholarship Program, Casper Dirk Hohage, a Diversity and Inclusion award winner, encourages the recruitment of highly qualified female engineers in order to raise their number at Ford and enhance the brand image as a modern diverse employer. Hohage met with scholarship holders several times to give them insight into Ford and demonstrate Ford’s interest in hiring them when they graduate.
- Military Heroes Honored at Ford Veterans Day Celebration
The Ford Veterans Network Group (VET NG) honored military heroes from all branches of service during a Veterans Day celebration held at Ford Word Headquarters in Dearborn. Veterans Day, an American holiday that dates back to the 20th Century, recognizes the achievements, courage and sacrifices of all veterans of war, conflicts and active duty service.
- Buffalo Stamping Goes Further, Becomes Refuge During Historic Storm
The historic snowfall that hit Buffalo, New York, this week brought traffic to a standstill, stranded hundreds, and collapsed roofs. At the same time, it brought out the best in Ford employees caught in the middle of the swirling drifts.
- Ford Goes Further to Help Primary School Pupils in Hungary
Ford CEE Sales LLC, which supervises sales, customer service, training and marketing activities in over 30 markets from its Szentendre regional HQ in Hungary, has gone further to help primary school pupils with IT education.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford Credit China Next-Generation Business Process and Technology Platform Team Fosters a One Ford Credit Environment
With locations and employees around the world, it can be quite a challenge for any global company to instill a feeling of collaboration. However, Ford Motor Company’s One Ford philosophy achieved just this, bringing together teams from around the world to deliver best-in-class platforms and processes.
- Detroit Young Professionals Honors Ford’s Shani Allison with Vanguard Award
Ford’s Shani Allison was among 15 professionals honored earlier this month by Detroit Young Professionals (DYP) for their distinguished professional leadership and community service. She influenced the growth, prosperity and quality of life in Metro-Detroit and demonstrates the ability to positively impact the region through community involvement. DYP presented Allison with the Vanguard Award that recognizes accomplishments of outstanding entrepreneurs and young professionals growing and excelling in their respective fields.
- Diversity and Inclusion Award Winner: Ford Taubaté HR Team Influences Change in the Community
Ford Motor Company founder Henry Ford said, “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” His message reminds us of Ford’s commitment to playing an active role in the community and demonstrating the company’s key corporate values of caring and inclusion.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Dragon Source Process Team Implements Engine Supplier Selection Strategy
The Dragon Engine Global Purchasing Program Team is made up of employees from multiple regions. As a result of their collaborative approach to maximize participation from all regions, they were able to develop and drive implementation of an engine supplier selection strategy, earning the team a 2013 Diversity and Inclusion Award.
- PCAM Business Support Team Unites Diverse Work Force
The Project Control/Asset Management support team (PCAM) is a diverse team formed with the primary objective of aligning local process systems with global systems. When the PCAM system was being launched for South American locations, the team provided the necessary business support to the Property Accounting department in South America.
- Ford of France Goes Further to Meet Ice Bucket Challenge
PARIS, France – Ford of France management stepped up to the plate when nominated to take part in an Ice Bucket Challenge by compatriots from Nissan France.
- Ford of Germany Goes Further In Vocational Training
COLOGNE, Germany - With end of the summer holidays approaching, the critical phase of the application process for an apprenticeship place begins for many school leavers.
- Going Further to Help Students Fulfill their Potential
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford engineer Kader Durmus really is Going Further to help students from Turkish backgrounds achieve their full potential in German schools.
- DIA Winner: Nand Kochhar Recognized for Bringing Diverse Groups Together
Diversity and Inclusion Award-winner Nand Kochhar has been instrumental in organizing external grassroots partnerships with community organizations including the Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce (APACC), Council of Asian Pacific Americans (CAPA), India League of America (ILA), Asian Indian Women's Association (AIWA), Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) and American Society of Engineers of Indian Origin (ASEI).
- DIA Winner: IT Service Operations Manager Develops Global 9-Point Lessons
When North America Server Operations Manager and Diversity and Inclusion award recipient Bharat Kharadia began working with Global Solaris Server Operations three years ago, he discovered each team site used local processes, tools and supporting knowledge to maintain site-specific configurations.
- A Journey through Time: Ford Chorus Celebrates 70 Years
The Ford Chorus recently celebrated its 70th anniversary with a commemorative performance at Angelica Lutheran Church in Allen Park, Mich. where they performed popular compositions from the early 1900s through 2010. Musical productions have included “Kiss Me, Kate,” “The Music Man,” “The Pajama Game,” “Anything Goes,” “Guys and Dolls” and several other favorite pieces.
- DIA: Ford Credit Teams Foster Respectful and Inclusive Environment for All Members
The Ford Credit Latin America and Ford Credit Mexico
management teams are responsible for the recent resumption of retail
financing in Mexico. These teams collaborated from multiple locations
around the world, juggling time zones and negotiating cultural nuances
to complete the challenging project in 18 months.
- DIA: Ford Credit Teams Foster Respectful and Inclusive Environment for All Members
The Ford Credit Latin America and Ford Credit Mexico management teams are responsible for the recent resumption of retail financing in Mexico. These teams collaborated from multiple locations around the world, juggling time zones and negotiating cultural nuances to complete the challenging project in 18 months.
- Born to be Wild – Meet Ford Rock Band FORDever
BUDAPEST, Hungary – Seven amateur musicians from Ford in Hungary are setting the stage alight under the band name FORDever.
- Ford Athlete Ambassadors Set to ‘Play Their Part’ at Glasgow 2014
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford, the Official Automotive Partner of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, has named the first athlete ambassadors who will be supporting its newly-launched #PlayYourPart campaign.
- Stephen Odell: “Cost improvement and the path to profitability in 2015"
Stephen Odell, president, Ford of Europe, Middle East and Africa, and by Lyle Watters, chief financial officer and vice president of Strategic Planning, explain how keeping a firm grip on cost is helping Ford edge closer to profitability in Europe
- A Pink Vest, a Challenge Raise Thousands of Dollars for a Good Cause at MAP
The symbol, a pink vest. The reason, to support breast cancer awareness. The result, a challenge that led to the generosity of Michgan Assembly Plant (MAP) employee donations doubling, twice.
- Team member efforts save $70k at DTP
Ken Halfacre, a Dearborn Truck Plant (DTP) Industrial Engineer, noticed there was a large waste and opportunity for cost savings with the lock set labels that DTP uses on Trim Line 1.
- “Employee of the Quarter” Dieter Schmidt Goes Further for Ford
SAARLOUIS, Germany – Next year, Dieter Schmidt celebrates 45 years of working for Ford. However, at the beginning of this year, there was already cause for celebration when he proved that experience really does pay off.
- Army Acquisition, Logistics Personnel Tour Louisville Assembly
LOUISVILLE - Ford Motor Company is one of the most innovative of car companies. It should come as no surprise that there is a high interest in touring Ford’s many assembly plants and facilities for a glimpse into the process, technology and people that produce best-in-world quality vehicles.
- DIA Winner: Sajit Haridas, Ford Asia Pacific’s Regional Purchasing Director, Strives to Tap Society’s Goodness to Help Orphans in India
CHENNAI, India — It all started in February 2010. That’s when Sajit Haridas, director, Regional Purchasing, Asia Pacific, started waking up at the crack of dawn every day to visit the wholesale vegetable market in Chennai.
- Ford Celebrates 95 Years in Brazil with the Biggest Renovation in its History
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford Brazil celebrates today its 95th anniversary. The company reaches this milestone with a portfolio of global products, the biggest vehicle renovation in its history and the introduction of new technologies that improves the efficiency and car safety in different segments of the market (cars, pick-ups and light, medium and heavy trucks).
- Ford Fund Brings American Sabor Exhibition to Museo de las Americas in Puerto Rico
“American Sabor: Latinos in U.S. Popular Music,” a Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibition sponsored by the Ford Motor Company Fund, is on display in Puerto Rico at the Museo de Las Américas.
- Louisville Assembly’s Tami Hatfield Wins DIA Award
Corporate citizenship is a daily initiative for Ford Employee Relations Associate Tami Hatfield. Hartfield, a recent winner of the company’s Diversity and Inclusion award who works in Vehicle Operations at Louisville Assembly Plant, involves both hourly and salaried employees in efforts to raise donations for Ford-sponsored charities.
- Ford India Goes Further to Bring Alive a Better World
CHENNAI, India — Eager faces, shy smiles and excited chatter greeted representatives from Ford’s Global Business Services as they visited The Seva Samaj and Children’s Garden School on Feb 7. Students and teachers at both campuses warmly welcomed the Ford representatives who were present to inaugurate the new facilities in the schools that were supported by Ford.
- Santa Claus in a Tourneo Custom: Ford Hungary Supports Christmas Charities
BUDAPEST, Hungary – Ford Hungary is ensuring that young people throughout the country enjoy Christmas.