- Ford to Reveal New Mustang and Much More at Go Further Event in Barcelona
BARCELONA, Spain - Ford of Europe will reveal the new Ford Mustang and a host other exciting new vehicles and technologies at a special Go Further event in Barcelona, Spain, on December 5.
- Ford Plants Honored to Host Operation Raptor, Veterans
DEARBORN - Veterans Day was just a couple of weeks ago, but the pride and honor of Ford employees who are veterans showed recently when a specially painted Raptor pickup made the rounds of three southeast Michigan plants. “Operation Raptor” kicked off a two-year tour of America by visiting Romeo Engine, Dearborn Truck (DTP) and Dearborn Tool and Die (DTD).
- Environmental Quality Office Announces 2013 APA Environmental Leadership Awards
SHANGHAI, China — Protecting the environment is a significant focus for Ford Motor Company. So at the Environmental Quality Office’s (EQO) regional environmental compliance workshop in Shanghai last month, each plant in the region was given the opportunity to showcase their environmental success stories.
- Ford Brazil Opens New Customer Center & Inaugurates Service Advanced Technology
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford has improved its service center by opening new facilities and applying advanced technology resources in the sector. The goal is to increase performance, service productivity and guarantee a wide, straight and fast connection with the customer.
- Ford Northeast Industrial Complex Donates Oral Hygiene kits
CAMAÇARI, Bahia - The Citizenship Committee of Ford Northeast Industrial Complex had a special solidarity initiative, as part of the Global Week of Caring actions. The volunteers donated oral hygiene kits to the Emanuel Social Institution, located in Camaçari, Bahia.
- Ford Shanghai-Based Employees Share Their Baking Love
SHANGHAI, China –Tiantian, 25, comes to the Shanghai Enrichment Community Center from Monday to Friday to learn calligraphy, handcrafts, drawing and baking. Although she suffers from a mental disability, just like everyone she needs friends, love and encouragement.
- President of The Americas Shares His Thoughts on the Importance of the United Way Mission
DEARBORN - The United Way has been touching lives in communities throughout America for more than 125 years, and I’d like to share a story about how the United Way has impacted me.
- Warriors in Pink Model Survival 365 Days Per Year
DEARBORN - Each October, in honor of breast cancer awareness month, Ford’s breast cancer awareness and fundraising campaign Warriors in Pink uses Ford ad space on the inside cover of Automotive News to draw attention to the cause. This year the ad is especially meaningful as all the survivors feature in the ad are Ford employees or retirees. Emphasizing even more why, for Warriors in Pink, every month is breast cancer awareness month because it affects our Ford family and too many others and it doesn’t take any days off.
- Warriors in Pink Tour NYC with Love and Cupcakes
NEW YORK - October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and on Oct. 8 and 9 Ford Warriors in Pink (WIP) will travel around New York City with actor Gilles Marini in a branded Love and Cupcakes WIP food truck, passing out free cupcakes and selling WIP apparel.
- GO FURTHER: United Way Giving Campaign Kicks Off Today
DEARBORN - Building strong communities everywhere we live and work has always been a part of our DNA at Ford where we Go Further.
- Torch Lighting Ceremony Ignites Annual Fundraising Campaign
DETROIT – Early Friday morning, Mark Fields, Ford Motor Company chief operating officer and 2013/2014 Campaign Chair for the United Way of Southeast Michigan, along with a number of business and community leaders, came together for the local United Way chapters’ annual torch lighting ceremony. The ceremony kicks off a new campaign season and this year, the goals are grand.
- United Way for Southeastern Michigan Lights Torch to Kick Off $40 Million Community Giving Campaign
DETROIT – Ford Motor Company Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields, who also serves as chair of United Way for Southeastern Michigan’s 2013 campaign, kicked off the annual community giving initiative today with a symbolic torch-lighting ceremony at Detroit’s Hart Plaza.
- Ford India Customers Take Saplings Home during GWC
NEW DELHI, India — It was not just the employee volunteers that brought alive the spirit of the Ford Global Week of Caring in India, but dealers also contributed in a significant way by educating their customers about Ford’s green initiatives and going further by distributing saplings during the week across India.
- Over 850 Volunteers in India Spread Cheer during GWC
The Global Week of Caring is an occasion of celebration of volunteerism at Ford India where employees—across teams, functions and age come together to make projects happen that improve lives in and around communities where Ford operates.
- School Kids Express Their Creativity at GWC Event
CHENNAI, India — The courtyard of Melrosapuram CSI High School wore a festive look last week as students from ten nearby schools gathered there to celebrate their creative talents. The occasion was the inauguration of Ford’s eighth Global Week of Caring, under which the children were invited to take part in drawing, painting and essay-writing competitions.
- Ford Volunteers Join Weekend Walkathon in Shanghai; Give Children of Migrant School a New Library
SHANGHAI, China – Ford volunteers are walking further into the community during this year’s Global Week of Caring (GWC). Dressed in Blue Oval t-shirts, a group of more than 400 Ford employees and their families joined a charity walk last Saturday in Thames Town, a major residential area on the outskirts of Shanghai.
- Ford Asia Pacific Employees Come Together for Global Week of Caring
SHANGHAI, China – Ford employees across the Asia Pacific region are doing their part to build a better world this week.
- Cultural Awareness Seminar Focuses on South Korea
DEARBORN – With record-setting sales every month, South Korea is poised to play a major role within Ford Export and Growth (E&G). As the business continues to grow, an increasing number of E&G employees will likely be interacting with Korean colleagues – often for the first time.
- Changan Ford Senior R&D Manager Nancy Smith Honored with 2012 Chongqing Friendship Award
CHONGQING, China — Nancy Smith, senior R&D manager at Changan Ford Automotive (CAF) Technology Development Center, has recently become the first international employee of the company to receive the “2012 Chongqing Friendship Award”, the top honor granted to an expatriate expert by the Chongqing government.
- Sold for $500,000: 2014 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible Delivers for Brain Injury Association of America at Hot August Nights
RENO, Nev. - The last retail 2014MY Ford Shelby GT500 convertible auctioned by Ford Motor Company to benefit the Brain Injury Association of America fetched a whopping $500,000 at the inaugural Hot August Nights Auction Presented by Barrett-Jackson in Reno, Nev.
- FTM Welding Team Sets High Standards in APA First Ultrasonic Testing
RAYONG, Thailand — The welding team at Ford Thailand Manufacturing (FTM) has successfully implemented a new quality testing programme that will help Ford to significantly reduce time and costs in vehicle production.
- Ford Employee Goes Further with Selfless Pledge
COIMBATORE, India — This isn’t an ordinary story. But then again, Poovili R, who works with Ford Credit Operations in Coimbatore, isn’t an ordinary person.
- During Your Time with the Company, What Will Be Reflected Upon as a Key Moment in Ford History?
DEARBORN - @Ford asked employees “During your time with the company, what do you think will be reflected upon as a key moment in Ford history?"
- New Fleet of Employee Buses Makes Commute Easier
CHENNAI, India — Keerthana, an employee at Ford India’s Chennai plant, was ecstatic after arriving at work aboard the new company bus after a 60 km trip from her home.
- Arizona Ford Dealerships and Ford Motor Company Fund Donate $38,000 to 100 Club of Arizona in Honor of Fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots
PHOENIX – Arizona Ford dealerships have donated $19,000 to the 100 Club of Arizona in honor of the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots with the Prescott Fire Department who lost their lives battling the Yarnell Hill fire near Prescott, Ariz., on June 30. Ford Motor Company Fund, the philanthropic arm of Dearborn-based Ford Motor Company, is matching that donation, bringing the total to $38,000.
- Going Further for Education: FAW Celebrates 20 Years of Success
COLOGNE, Germany - Ford of Germany’s training and Development organisation is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year.
- Go Further: Ford C-MAX Hybrid Provides National Transportation for Teen’s Nonprofit Organization
DEARBORN – Last month, young philanthropist Allyson Ahlstrom hit the road on a nationwide tour in a Ford C-MAX Hybrid with her self-made nonprofit organization, Threads for Teens.
- Argentina Hotline Repaired a Ranger from Paraguay Army in Haiti
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina Technical Hotline receives not only calls from Argentina’s network, but also calls from dealers of other countries like Uruguay, Paraguay and Peru, usually about the diagnosis of products made in Pacheco Assembly Plant (Focus and Ranger). But one call from Paraguay dealer, Tape Ruvicha, was completely different.
- Ford Fund Asks for Your Help to Honor America’s Heroes
DEARBORN - Independence Day is coming and Americans will celebrate their freedom with parades, cookouts and fireworks displays such as the Ford Fireworks presented by Target in Detroit. Ford Motor Company Fund also will Go Further with a community campaign to honor military veterans and help the families of those who were killed or severely wounded in the line of duty.
- Ford Motor Company Fund Opens New Center in Southwest Detroit, Creates Unique Community Hub in Key Neighborhood
DETROIT – Ford Motor Company Fund today opened a new community center – the Ford Resource and Engagement Center – in southwest Detroit to strengthen a key city neighborhood and offer diverse cultural and community programs provided by nonprofits with the support of the Fund.