- Ford Celebrates 95 Years in Brazil with the Biggest Renovation in its History
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford Brazil celebrates today its 95th anniversary. The company reaches this milestone with a portfolio of global products, the biggest vehicle renovation in its history and the introduction of new technologies that improves the efficiency and car safety in different segments of the market (cars, pick-ups and light, medium and heavy trucks).
- Fusion Line Is the Absolute Leader and Hybrid Model Takes Second Place in the Luxury Segment
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Fusion had, in January, its best sales performance since the new generation was launched in Brazil, with 1,341 units commercialized, and expanded its leadership in the large luxury sedans segment with a share of 82%.
- Ford Most-Awarded Brand in U.S. News & World Report Best Cars for the Money
DEARBORN - Ford took home the most awards of any domestic automaker and any single brand, owning four categories in U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 Best Cars for the Money.
- INMETRO/CONPET: Fusion Hybrid, Leader; New Fiesta And Focus Highlighted in Ranking of Fuel Economy
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Fusion Hybrid kept its position of the most economical passenger car in the country according to the 2014 ranking of INMETRO. The New Fiesta and Focus were also highlighted in the ranking that lists 496 models from 36 brands within the Vehicle Labeling Program, based on fuel consumption.
- Fusion Hybrid Named "2013 Car of the Year" by INFO Exame Readers
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - The Fusion Hybrid model was named "Car of the Year" by Info Exame Magazine readers, one of the main technology-oriented publications in Brazil. Available with both gasoline and electric motors, the Ford's luxury sedan is the champion of fuel economy within the Brazilian market besides bringing innovations in safety, connectivity and comfort.
- New Ford Fusion Consolidates its Leadership Among the Luxury Cars And Interest Towards the Hybrid Model Grows
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil – Confirming its success in the country, the New Ford Fusion kept absolute leadership in the large luxury sedans category, with sales of over 1,200 units in November. The 1,208 vehicles licensed last month represent a share of 67.5%.
- Ford Reveals Automated Fusion Hybrid Research Vehicle
DEARBORN – Taking the next step in its Blueprint for Mobility, Ford today – in conjunction with the University of Michigan and State Farm® – revealed a Ford Fusion Hybrid automated research vehicle that will be used to make progress on future automated driving and other advanced technologies.
- Ford to Offer Three Electrified Vehicles in Europe by 2014
COLOGNE, Germany - Ford will offer a choice of three distinct electric vehicles in its European showrooms by 2014 to complement its line-up of fuel efficient petrol and diesel powered vehicles.
- Ford Leads Sales in Luxury Market in Brazil
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford has led the luxury car market in Brazil during the first half of 2013 with the all-new Fusion. The sedan model has represented over 50 percent of this segment in this period, with increasing sales due to the success of the new global platform, which combines design with state-of-the-art technologies.
- Ford Hybrid Vehicle Sales Break Full-Year Record in First Five Months of 2013
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company bested its previous full-year hybrid sales record in just the first five months of 2013, driven by the product strength of its new electrified vehicle lineup including Ford C-MAX Hybrid, Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Fusion Hybrid and Ford Fusion Energi, as well as Lincoln MKZ Hybrid.
- 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Wins the First-Ever Canadian Green Car Award
OAKVILLE - The 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid was honoured with the first-ever Canadian Green Car Award, in a ceremony held today at the Toronto Green Living Show.
- Ford Delivers Best Hybrid Sales Quarter Ever as Fusion and C-MAX Hybrids Attract New Customers to Brand
DEARBORN – Ford delivered its best hybrid sales quarter ever in the first quarter of 2013 with sales totaling 21,080 vehicles – marking the first time Ford has sold more than 20,000 hybrids in a quarter. Ford’s hybrid sales were up 324 percent nationally over 2012, achieving 16 percent share of the electrified vehicle market – up from 4 percent last year.
- Ford Achieves All-Time High Hybrid Share and Toyota Slides, as Fusion Hybrid Closes in on Another Sales Record
DEARBORN – The 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid is off to a fast start after achieving an all-time sales record in December 2012, helping Ford to record hybrid sales and market share, as Toyota lost nearly 8 points of share in the segment.
- Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid Earn Top Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA
DEARBORN – The 2013 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a top vehicle safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
- Ford EcoSport, Ranger, Fusion and Fusion Hybrid Win '2013 Car of the Year' Awards in Brazil
SAO PAULO, Brazil – Ford was the big winner last night at the Brazilian Car of the Year Awards in Sao Paulo, picking up awards in five of the eight categories.
- Ford Gives Consumers 47 More Reasons to Get Involved with Random Acts of Fusion
The number 47 takes center stage today in Times Square with a new Random Acts of Fusion chapter introduced by TV and radio host and producer Ryan Seacrest. The latest chapter, “47 Challenges, 47 Days,” inspired by the 47 mpg fuel economy rating achieved by the 2013 Fusion Hybrid, adds new interactive content to the program and will give consumers multiple chances to win an all-new Ford Fusion.
- Fusion Customers to Support Eco-Charities, Help Ford through REPREVE Save 2 Million Plastic Bottles from Landfills
DEARBORN – Customers who buy the new 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid or Focus Electric can automatically give back to eco-charities while helping save fuel and landfill-destined plastic water bottles.
- Company's Electrified Vehicle Lineup Offers Ford Engineers Scores of Opportunities
DEARBORN - Stefan Pototschnik remembers a time not too long ago when it was easy to not only recognize the other workers at Ford’s Advanced Engineering Center in Dearborn, but know their names and maybe even a little bit about them.