- Ford Escape, Fusion Accelerate ‘Super Segment’ Share Gains
DEARBORN – Driven by strong sales of two of Ford’s newest vehicles, the Ford Fusion and Escape, Ford’s share of the “super segment,” comprised of subcompacts, compacts, midsize sedans and small utilities, stands at 13 percent through the first four months of 2013 – representing a gain of 2 share points compared to the same period last year.
- Ford Fusion Named to Best Family Cars List by KBB.com
DEARBORN - The all-new Ford Fusion was named to the KBB.com list of Best Family Cars of 2013. Kelley Blue Book editors noted that with its “eye-catching exterior, the Fusion stands out with a variety of powertrains that includes two hybrid options and a pair of turbocharged engines, plus available all-wheel-drive and enough tech features to make a geek swoon.”
- Up, Up, Up: All Ford Vehicle Segments Post Strong U.S. Sales Gains in April
DEARBORN - Ford is firing on all cylinders with a product portfolio that is scoring strong sales across the board, making the current recovery much unlike those of past years, according to Ford U.S. Sales Analyst Erich Merkle.
- Ford Vehicles Win the Best Cars Award, promoted by Car Magazine
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford had its global vehicles launched in 2012 as a highlight in Best Cars Award, Brazil’s edition, promoted by the Car magazine. Considered one of the most important of the world, it has a lot of prestige by the direct participation of readers and publications of Motorpress group.
- All-New Ford Fusion Set to Sail the High Seas as Part of Ford’s Involvement with the Tom Joyner Foundation
MIAMI – This weekend the 2013 Ford Fusion will cruise the high seas of the Caribbean Islands with a “purpose.” The Fusion will sail for eight days and seven nights aboard the 2013 Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage, as part of Ford’s relationship with the Tom Joyner Foundation.
- Two Ford Vehicles Earn AAA Honors
DEARBORN - Both the 2013 Ford Fusion and 2013 Ford Flex have been chosen by AAA Auto Buying experts as top sedan and crossover vehicle, respectively, for commuters.
- New Ford Fusion Minimizes Pollen and ‘Touch’ Allergens
DEARBORN – As spring arrives and more Americans prepare to face allergies, the new 2013 Ford Fusion can help combat common airborne and touch-based allergens, while monitoring possible irritants in areas where customers are driving or planning to visit.
- Ford Fusion Marks Best February Sales Ever; San Francisco and Los Angeles Sales More Than Double
DEARBORN – With car inventories just beginning to meet consumer demand, the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion posted its best February sales month since the midsize sedan was introduced in 2006.
- Ford All-Wheel-Drive Retail Sales Up 72 Percent Since 2009, Surpassing Industry Growth Rate
DEARBORN – Ford is capitalizing on the popularity of all-wheel-drive technology, with its AWD sales growing 72 percent since 2009, outpacing the industry growth rate of 53 percent. In 2012, more than 20 percent of the industry’s new car and utility vehicles were sold with AWD systems.
- Ford Launches All-New Fusion Flex Exclusively for Brazil
FLORIANÓPOLIS, Brazil – From Feb 23 to 27, Ford presented in Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, the New Fusion 2.5 Flex to 110 journalists from specialized media, consumer and bloggers from Brazil. The model, equipped with the 2.5 Duratec engine, will be sold in March at brand’s dealers throughout the Country.
- African Americans Represent Key Consumer Group for Ford
DEARBORN - February is Black History Month, but Ford Motor Company’s focus on African Americans is an ongoing effort that continues throughout the year.
- After More than Two Years in the Making, 2013 NASCAR Fusion Ready to Make its Debut in Daytona
DEARBORN - Today, the ‘stock car” officially returns to NASCAR. After more than two years of development , including extensive work by the Ford Design Center and Ford aerodynamic experts, the 2013 NASCAR Fusion will take to the race track as practice opens for the 54th running of the Daytona 500.
- Ford Motor Company January Sales up 22 Percent, Best since 2006; Fusion, Escape Post Record January Sales
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company’s January U.S. sales of 166,501 grew 22 percent year-over-year – with retail sales up 24 percent. Gains were made across the product lineup, with cars up 34 percent, utilities up 23 percent, and trucks up 11 percent for the month.
- Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid Earn Top Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA
DEARBORN – The 2013 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a top vehicle safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
- Ford Receives the 2013 Mercosur Award for the EcoSport, Ranger and Fusion in Detroit
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford won the Mercosur Award for the EcoSport launch, Fusion and Ranger models. The award ceremony was held 01/16 during an exclusive meeting with the Latin America press at the Detroit International Autoshow.
- Ford EcoSport, Ranger and Fusion Win Mercosur 2013 Awards
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford was the big winner in the first-ever MERCOSUR 2013 Awards, taking three of four categories with its global vehicles launched in Brazil in 2012. The New EcoSport was elected as “Mercosur SUV”, the New Ranger as "Mercosur Pickup", and the New Fusion as “Mercosur Import”. These titles show that Ford was the most awarded automaker in Brazil in 2012.
- AOL Autos Names Fusion Car of the Year
DEARBORN - The 2013 Ford Fusion continues to earn industry kudos. AOL Autos has awarded its second annual Car of the Year honors to the all-new car.
- Buying a New TV for the Big Game, Easier with a Ford Fusion
DEARBORN - Getting ready for the playoffs, a man decides to buy a new 47-inch flat-screen TV; the only problem is he can’t fit it into his Honda Accord. Luckily, his good friend is the owner of a new 2013 Ford Fusion with a larger trunk and more pass-through space from seats that fold down easily.
- Two Ford Vehicles Earn Autobytel Car of the Year Awards
DEARBORN - Automotive Internet pioneer Autobytel named the all-new Ford Fusion its 2013 Car of the Year while the all-new Ford C-MAX has earned Alternative Fuel Car of the Year honors.
- All-New 2013 Ford Fusion Earns IIHS Top Safety Pick+ Recommendation for 2013
DEARBORN – The all-new Ford Fusion earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) highest rating, a Top Safety Pick+, receiving an Acceptable rating in the new small overlap front crash test. The new 2013 Ford Fusion was already rated as a Top Safety Pick winner. This new rating, Top Safety Pick+, applies to all vehicles produced after mid-December 2012.
- Ford EcoSport and Fusion Win the ‘10 Best Award’ Sponsored by Car and Driver Magazine
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - The all-new EcoSport and Ford Fusion won the 10 Best Award, sponsored by Car and Driver magazine as "Best SUV" and "Best Premium Sedan," respectively. This award reinforces Ford's position as the most awarded automaker in 2012, winning major awards in the market with its new global vehicles.
- 2013 Ford Fusion Design to Reduce Repair Costs 13 Percent
DEARBORN – When can a beautiful rear end help drivers save money? When that rear end is part of the 2013 Ford Fusion that happens to be involved in a rear-end collision, Ford says.
- Q&A with Joey Logano on Testing the New 2013 NASCAR Fusion
CHARLOTTE - Joey Logano, driver of the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion, is getting accustomed to his new team at Penske Racing and a switch in manufacturers with Ford. Logano talked about both issues as part of a Q&A session on the second day of testing at Charlotte Motor Speedway with the new 2013 NASCAR Fusion.
- Ford Fusion Named 2013 Best Redesigned Vehicle by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com
IRVINE, Calif. – The Ford Fusion has been named 2013 Best Redesigned Vehicle by Kelley Blue Book, the leading provider of new and used car information. The expert editors of Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com considered more than 20 vehicles that were redesigned for the 2013 model year, but none could hold a candle to the completely renewed version of the popular mid-size model.
- New Interior Trim Saves Fuel, Cuts Carbon Emissions and Lowers Costs on 2013 Ford Fusion
DEARBORN – Can the trim around a window switch save thousands of gallons of fuel?
- Rock Star Fusion
DEARBORN - It was love at first sight, and then The Car Connection named the all-new Ford Fusion “Best Car To Buy 2013.” Editors admit to falling for the car immediately.
- Fusion is Fashion Forward
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico – In fashion, it’s all about the accessories. And a car is the ultimate accessory, according to Ford Senior Interior Designer Anthony Prozzi. Which may be why Ford determined a fashion show was the perfect venue to highlight the design, culture and fashion inspiration that influenced the bold yet sophisticated 2013 Fusion.
- Seven Awards in Two Days: Ranger, EcoSport and Fusion Best in Brazil
SAO PAULO – Ford dominated this week at two Brazilian automotive industry awards ceremonies, bringing home seven top awards in two days.
- New Ford Multicultural Marketing Campaign Showcases All-New Ford Fusion and Delivers a Riveting Message to African American Community; Campaign Features Tupac Shakur’s Poem, ‘The Rose That Grew from Concrete’
DEARBORN – There’s no denying that the all-new Ford Fusion has broken the mold when it comes to the design of a midsize sedan. This truth has become the inspiration behind the development of Ford’s newest advertising campaign targeting the African American community. The inspiring campaign demonstrates the continued commitment from Ford to “go further” in bringing game-changing products to its consumers.
- All-New 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Pace Car Set to Pace Ford EcoBoost 400 with Rock Star Kid Rock Behind the Wheel
HOMESTEAD, Fla. – The all-new 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium, which will serve as official pace car of Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway, will not only be driven off the race track and into the driveway of one lucky fan thanks to a combined effort between Ford and Sprint, but will now be driven at the track by celebrity pace driver Kid Rock.