- New Fiesta, Focus, Fusion and EcoSport are Rated "2014 Best Purchase", by Motor Show Magazine
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford was the major winner brand in the "2014 Best Purchase" poll, conducted by Motor Show magazine, with four blue oval models selected as the best in their categories.
- Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 6 Percent, Outpacing Industry for Best September Since 2006
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company sales totaled 185,146, delivering its best September since 2006 with a 6 percent increase in the U.S., outpacing the industry and marking Ford’s 11th consecutive month of year-over-year sales increases.
- Ford Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program Achieves Record 39 Percent Growth; Improves Residuals, Dealer Profits
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company is on pace to set an all-time Certified Pre-Owned vehicle sales record this year. Through August, the company recorded 228,000 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury certified vehicle sales, representing 39 percent growth versus 2012.
- Flat Rock Assembly Celebrates First U.S. -Built Ford Fusions
FLAT ROCK, Mich. - The excitement was unmistakable Thursday as the first U.S.-built Ford Fusions rolled off the line at Ford’s Flat Rock Assembly Plant (FRAP), the culmination of a year in planning, $555 million worth of investment and several months’ worth of training 1,400 new employees.
- 1,400 New Ford Employees Kick Off U.S. Production of Fusion to Meet Surging Customer Demand
FLAT ROCK, Mich. – Supported by 1,400 new employees, the new Ford Fusion will roll off the line at Flat Rock Assembly Plant today, marking the first time the popular car has been built in the United States.
- Fusion Drivers Keep Battling for Final Chase Spots
BRISTOL, Tenn. - And so the carousel continues to turn.
- Ford Summer Spectacular Digital Ads Target Summer Moviegoers
DEARBORN - The Ford Summer Spectacular sales event has been in full swing since the beginning of July, and the unique ads created for the occasion are getting a lot of traction in untraditional places.
- Fusion Delivers For Finnish Couple
HELSINKI, Finland – The Ford Fusion is known for its flexibility, but a couple in Finland recently found a new use for the car – as a mobile delivery room!
- Ford Expands Availability of Rear Inflatable Safety Belt to 2014 Fusion
DEARBORN - The new 2014 Ford Fusion is the only car in the popular midsize segment to offer rear inflatable safety belts, adding to the sedan’s suite of available safety and driver-assist technologies. This option is also available in the Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi.
- BrandIndex: Customers Rank Ford Tops in Brand Perception
DEARBORN - BrandIndex puts Ford No. 1 in customer perceptions in its midyear review survey – based on responses from 600,000 Americans rating 1,100 U.S. companies. Respondents reacted favorably to Ford when asked if they’d heard anything good or bad in the past two weeks about a brand. Ford jumped from sixth place in the 2012 survey, due largely to sales momentum for the all-new Fusion and Focus.
- Ford Leads Sales in Luxury Market in Brazil
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford has led the luxury car market in Brazil during the first half of 2013 with the all-new Fusion. The sedan model has represented over 50 percent of this segment in this period, with increasing sales due to the success of the new global platform, which combines design with state-of-the-art technologies.
- Ford's Newest Fuel-Efficient Products Driving Sales Growth, Market Share Gains in the U.S., Particularly on the Coasts
DEARBORN – Ford’s market share is growing at a faster rate than its competitors in the United States, gaining nearly a full percentage point through May, largely in the hotly contested small utility vehicle and midsize sedan segments – and on the coasts.
- Ford Kicks Off New Hispanic Super Segment Campaign ‘Si Todo Fuera Como Un Ford’
DEARBORN - Ford continues their long history of engaging Hispanic audiences with clever and relevant communications. In this exciting campaign,‘Si Todo Fuera Como Un Ford’ (If Everything Was Like a Ford), Ford introduces a new Hispanic value positioning, integrated in 30 second branded TV spots for Focus, Fusion and Escape.
- Serious Sustainability: Fusion Takes Ford’s Use of Recycled Material in Fabric Global, Furthers Industry-Changing Efforts
DEARBORN – Ford Fusion is the first global vehicle program from any automaker to use seat fabric made from recycled material, with the potential to recycle enough plastic bottles and post-industrial waste to make 1.5 million yards of fabric annually. That’s equivalent to between 800,000 and 900,000 yards in North America when Fusion is in full production.
- Ford Escape, Fusion Accelerate ‘Super Segment’ Share Gains
DEARBORN – Driven by strong sales of two of Ford’s newest vehicles, the Ford Fusion and Escape, Ford’s share of the “super segment,” comprised of subcompacts, compacts, midsize sedans and small utilities, stands at 13 percent through the first four months of 2013 – representing a gain of 2 share points compared to the same period last year.
- Ford Fusion Named to Best Family Cars List by KBB.com
DEARBORN - The all-new Ford Fusion was named to the KBB.com list of Best Family Cars of 2013. Kelley Blue Book editors noted that with its “eye-catching exterior, the Fusion stands out with a variety of powertrains that includes two hybrid options and a pair of turbocharged engines, plus available all-wheel-drive and enough tech features to make a geek swoon.”
- Up, Up, Up: All Ford Vehicle Segments Post Strong U.S. Sales Gains in April
DEARBORN - Ford is firing on all cylinders with a product portfolio that is scoring strong sales across the board, making the current recovery much unlike those of past years, according to Ford U.S. Sales Analyst Erich Merkle.
- Ford Vehicles Win the Best Cars Award, promoted by Car Magazine
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford had its global vehicles launched in 2012 as a highlight in Best Cars Award, Brazil’s edition, promoted by the Car magazine. Considered one of the most important of the world, it has a lot of prestige by the direct participation of readers and publications of Motorpress group.
- All-New Ford Fusion Set to Sail the High Seas as Part of Ford’s Involvement with the Tom Joyner Foundation
MIAMI – This weekend the 2013 Ford Fusion will cruise the high seas of the Caribbean Islands with a “purpose.” The Fusion will sail for eight days and seven nights aboard the 2013 Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage, as part of Ford’s relationship with the Tom Joyner Foundation.
- Two Ford Vehicles Earn AAA Honors
DEARBORN - Both the 2013 Ford Fusion and 2013 Ford Flex have been chosen by AAA Auto Buying experts as top sedan and crossover vehicle, respectively, for commuters.
- New Ford Fusion Minimizes Pollen and ‘Touch’ Allergens
DEARBORN – As spring arrives and more Americans prepare to face allergies, the new 2013 Ford Fusion can help combat common airborne and touch-based allergens, while monitoring possible irritants in areas where customers are driving or planning to visit.
- Ford Fusion Marks Best February Sales Ever; San Francisco and Los Angeles Sales More Than Double
DEARBORN – With car inventories just beginning to meet consumer demand, the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion posted its best February sales month since the midsize sedan was introduced in 2006.
- Ford All-Wheel-Drive Retail Sales Up 72 Percent Since 2009, Surpassing Industry Growth Rate
DEARBORN – Ford is capitalizing on the popularity of all-wheel-drive technology, with its AWD sales growing 72 percent since 2009, outpacing the industry growth rate of 53 percent. In 2012, more than 20 percent of the industry’s new car and utility vehicles were sold with AWD systems.
- Ford Launches All-New Fusion Flex Exclusively for Brazil
FLORIANÓPOLIS, Brazil – From Feb 23 to 27, Ford presented in Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, the New Fusion 2.5 Flex to 110 journalists from specialized media, consumer and bloggers from Brazil. The model, equipped with the 2.5 Duratec engine, will be sold in March at brand’s dealers throughout the Country.
- African Americans Represent Key Consumer Group for Ford
DEARBORN - February is Black History Month, but Ford Motor Company’s focus on African Americans is an ongoing effort that continues throughout the year.
- After More than Two Years in the Making, 2013 NASCAR Fusion Ready to Make its Debut in Daytona
DEARBORN - Today, the ‘stock car” officially returns to NASCAR. After more than two years of development , including extensive work by the Ford Design Center and Ford aerodynamic experts, the 2013 NASCAR Fusion will take to the race track as practice opens for the 54th running of the Daytona 500.
- Ford Motor Company January Sales up 22 Percent, Best since 2006; Fusion, Escape Post Record January Sales
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company’s January U.S. sales of 166,501 grew 22 percent year-over-year – with retail sales up 24 percent. Gains were made across the product lineup, with cars up 34 percent, utilities up 23 percent, and trucks up 11 percent for the month.
- Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid Earn Top Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA
DEARBORN – The 2013 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a top vehicle safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Fusion and Fusion Hybrid received a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
- Ford Receives the 2013 Mercosur Award for the EcoSport, Ranger and Fusion in Detroit
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford won the Mercosur Award for the EcoSport launch, Fusion and Ranger models. The award ceremony was held 01/16 during an exclusive meeting with the Latin America press at the Detroit International Autoshow.
- Ford EcoSport, Ranger and Fusion Win Mercosur 2013 Awards
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford was the big winner in the first-ever MERCOSUR 2013 Awards, taking three of four categories with its global vehicles launched in Brazil in 2012. The New EcoSport was elected as “Mercosur SUV”, the New Ranger as "Mercosur Pickup", and the New Fusion as “Mercosur Import”. These titles show that Ford was the most awarded automaker in Brazil in 2012.