- Q&A: Ford Lowers Fuel Economy Ratings for Six Vehicles
On Thursday, we shared with our customers that we are lowering fuel economy ratings for six of our vehicles. Here is a Q&A with more information.
- Ford Motor Company Lowers Fuel Economy Ratings For Six Vehicles
Ford Motor Company announced today it is lowering the fuel economy ratings for its 2013- and 2014-model year hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles, as well as most 2014-model year Fiestas.
- Help Spread the Word Before the Big Game
DEARBORN - What does #nearlydouble mean? Tune in Feb. 2 to find out, as millions of people watch the Big Game on the Fox network. Right before kickoff, Ford will unveil an epic 90-second TV spot starring comedian Rob Riggle and James Franco… to promote how the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid has nearly double the fuel economy of the average vehicle.
- 2014 Ford Fiesta with New 1.0-Liter EcoBoost Engine Sets New Benchmark for Fuel Efficiency, Power
DEARBORN - The new Ford Fiesta equipped with the award-winning 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine will be America’s most fuel-efficient non-hybrid, gasoline-powered car with a certified 45 mpg rating on the highway, topping Honda Fit by 12 mpg and Toyota Yaris by 8 mpg on the highway.
- 2014 Ford Fiesta Earns Best-in-Class 41 MPG on the Highway
DEARBORN – The new 2014 Ford Fiesta has achieved 41 mpg in EPA testing. Fiesta is the only subcompact car to surpass 40 mpg.
- Demographic Shifts, Consumer Fuel Economy Focus, Mobile Growth Reshaping Post-Recession U.S. Auto Industry
NEW YORK – While the great recession has fundamentally reshaped the automotive industry over the past few years, the real game changer may come from a new post-recession consumer mindset, demographic shifts and how automakers respond.
- Ford Executive Vice President Shares Insights on Luxury Market, Customers, Technology
NEW YORK - Ford Motor Company’s Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, Sales and Service and Lincoln Jim Farley earlier today delivered the New York Auto Show Opening Press Breakfast Keynote address at the Javits Center. Video of this keynote will be available tomorrow on @Ford Online.
- Vietnamese Fans Challenge Ford Escape’s Fuel Efficiency, Achieving 7.21 L/100 km (13.87 km/l)
HANOI, Vietnam — When the Ford Escape boasted fuel efficiency of 8.2 L/100 km (12.2 km/l) during a test last year, many fans were surprised by the impressive numbers. Now, the SUV has gone even further.
- With Leading Fuel Economy, All-New Ford Transit Changes Game in Full-Size Commercial Vans
DEARBORN – The familiar van that delivers packages or shuttles you to the airport is about to change in a revolutionary way. Ford’s all-new full-size 2014 Transit van will provide professional tradesmen and commercial fleet customers with unmatched fuel economy, innovative new configurations and leading versatility in the expanding commercial vehicle market.
- Fiesta, Focus, Escape Compete In Vietnam Fuel Efficiency Challenge 2012
DA NANG CITY, Vietnam — Ford has shown its fleet is one of the most fuel efficient in Vietnam by completing an epic 300km journey on a single tank of gas.
- Ford Fiesta 1.5L Achieves 23.14 Km/L in Fuel Efficiency Challenge
BANGKOK, Thailand — The globally popular Ford Fiesta has again underscored its leadership in fuel efficiency in Thailand, with the four-door Fiesta Sport 1.5-litre with six-speed PowerShift automatic transmission averaging an incredible 23.14 Km/L over 1,050 kilometers from Bangkok to Sakon Nakorn on a single tank of gas.
- Ford Fusion Certified as America’s Most Fuel-Efficient Midsize Sedan
NEW YORK – The all-new Ford Fusion is the most fuel-efficient midsize sedan in America with an EPA-certified 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway and 47 mpg combined fuel economy rating for its hybrid model.
- NASCAR Star Trevor Bayne Uses New Fusion EcoBoost Technology to Top Teammates by Nearly Posting 50 MPG
DEARBORN – Ford recently rounded up NASCAR superstars to race the new Fusion EcoBoost®. The twist: They were asked to hit the top miles per gallon, not miles per hour, with the winner nearly reaching the half-century mark.
- Ford Boosts Police Interceptor Sedan Performance and Fuel Economy with New 3.7-Liter Ti-VCT Engine
DEARBORN –The new Ford Police Interceptor is getting another boost under the hood with the addition of the 3.7-liter twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) engine, offering law enforcement agencies fuel economy with more power.
- New Fusion’s $295 Auto Stop-Start Technology Saves Customers Fuel, Money as Americans Choose Greener Products
DEARBORN - Ford hosted a Google Hangout virtual forum Wednesday called “Stop to Start the Savings” that was designed to educate media and consumers about the Auto Start-Stop feature that will be offered as an option on the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion with EcoBoost. The forum also highlighted consumer trends that show that the majority of Americans are driving more fuel efficiently and paying more upfront for energy-saving products.
- Ford’s New Li-Ion Batteries Reduce Use of Rare Earth Metals, Enable Superior Fuel Economy for Fusion, C-MAX Hybrids
DEARBORN – Ford’s third-generation hybrid system, which replaces nickel-metal-hydride batteries with new lighter, more efficient lithium-ion batteries, could reduce the company’s use of expensive, less-abundant rare earth metals by up to 500,000 pounds a year.
- Ford Trucks Highlights the Euro 5 Engine Power in the New Ford 2429 Cargo Campaign
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil – Ford Trucks launched a campaign to show the power of the New 2429 Cargo equipped with the six-cylinder Cummins Euro 5 engine, which, besides being more powerful, with 290cv, also saves more fuel. The comedy movie called Gladiators shows what happens inside the truck’s engine during a steep climb.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid Expected to Deliver 550-Mile Range and Nearly Double Electric-Only Range of Prius
DEARBORN – The new Ford C-MAX Energi is expected to achieve more than 20 miles of electric-only range – nearly double the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid – and a 550-mile overall range to become the first hybrid vehicle ever that can be driven from Sacramento to San Diego on a single tank of gas and make the average American commute without gasoline.
- Ford Delivers Record Number of 40-MPG+ Vehicles, Industry’s Freshest Full-Line Product Portfolio in U.S.
DEARBORN – Ford is delivering more fuel-efficient vehicle choices in 2012 than ever before and a fresher new vehicle lineup than any full-line automaker in the U.S.
- 2013 Ford Taurus EPA-Certified at Class-Leading 32 MPG with New 2.0-Liter EcoBoost Engine
DEARBORN – The 2013 Ford Taurus, the Blue Oval’s technology and performance flagship sedan, is now certified by the EPA as the class leader in large sedan city and highway fuel economy.
- Ford NASCAR Stars Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle Understand Importance of Fuel Efficiency Off and On Track
DEARBORN – They may drive 200 miles per hour as part of their full-time job as a Ford Racing driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, but when Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle take off their helmets and put away their uniforms, they are no different than the hundreds of thousands of fans who sit and cheer for them every weekend.
- Ford Fusion Auto Start-Stop System Priced at Only $295; Technology Delivers Thousands of Dollars in Fuel Savings
DEARBORN – With the national average price of gasoline nearing $4 a gallon, the new Ford Fusion offers yet another way for consumers to save money at the pump as the first non-hybrid midsize sedan available with Auto Start-Stop.
- Ford’s Fuel-Saving Innovations Spur More Jobs, New Facilities, Electrified Vehicles, More Customer Choice
DEARBORN – Ford in the past five years has doubled the size of the team working on fuel-saving technologies like EcoBoost® turbocharged gasoline engines, hybrids, plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles globally, and is now converting one of its largest research and development labs as it continues to hire for further fuel-saving advancements.
- Ford Earns Nearly 500 Hybrid Patents with 47-mpg Fusion Hybrid, Projected as America’s Most Fuel-Efficient Sedan
DEARBORN – The road to the new Ford Fusion Hybrid’s 47 mpg – expected to be America’s most fuel-efficient non-rechargeable sedan – can be traced back to Ford’s electrified vehicle team and the nearly 500 patents Ford now holds for its hybrid technology.