- Jim Vella Visits Social Projects Supported by Ford in Brazil
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Jim Vella, president of Ford Fund and Community Services, visited Ford's operation sites in Brazil to set an important social partnership between Ford and the NGO Projeto Axé, dedicated to protect the rights of children, adolescents and young people in situations of social vulnerability.
- Make a Difference: Diapers and Formula Needed in Southeast Michigan!
DEARBORN - Go Further and help children in need by donating diapers and formula at a number of Ford locations in the Dearborn area.
- The Ford Volunteer Corps Needs You to Go Further on the Upcoming Accelerated Action Day
DEARBORN - Openings are NOW available through The Ford Volunteer Corps to participate in next Ford Accelerated Action Day in southeast Michigan on March 13.
- Brand New Panda Van Rolls In
WASHINGTON, D.C. - On Friday, Feb. 21, Ford Group Vice President of Government and Community Relations Ziad Ojakli turned over the keys to a new Ford Transit Connect Van to the Smithsonian's National Zoo. The van, covered with images of the new giant panda cub Bao Bao, will enable the Zoo's park management team to conduct essential business all over the 163 acre property. Ojakli also serves on the advisory board of the Smithsonian's National Zoo.
- Ford Fund Celebrates Innovation as Part of Henry Ford’s Legacy; Elena Ford Awards Inventors with Special Prizes
DEARBORN – Two days before the 150th birthday of Henry Ford, Henry Ford Maker Challenge is encouraging inventors young and old to test their mettle in a special competition named after one of the most influential innovators of the 20th century.
- Ford Fund Asks for Your Help to Honor America’s Heroes
DEARBORN - Independence Day is coming and Americans will celebrate their freedom with parades, cookouts and fireworks displays such as the Ford Fireworks presented by Target in Detroit. Ford Motor Company Fund also will Go Further with a community campaign to honor military veterans and help the families of those who were killed or severely wounded in the line of duty.
- Ford Fund President Builds on Legacy of Philanthropy to Lead Global Transformation
SHANGHAI, China — Jim Vella has a lot on his hands. As the man in charge of all philanthropic and community service-related activities for Ford Motor Company, Vella is overseeing an expansion of community programs at a rate that rivals the development of Ford’s global product strategy.
- Ford Motor Company Fund Opens New Center in Southwest Detroit, Creates Unique Community Hub in Key Neighborhood
DETROIT – Ford Motor Company Fund today opened a new community center – the Ford Resource and Engagement Center – in southwest Detroit to strengthen a key city neighborhood and offer diverse cultural and community programs provided by nonprofits with the support of the Fund.
- Ford Motor Company Fund Donates $1 Million to College for Creative Studies
DETROIT – The College for Creative Studies (CCS) announced today that Ford Motor Company Fund will donate $1 million over five years, strengthening its commitment to one of the world’s leading art and design colleges and providing educational opportunities to Detroit youth.
- Ford Celebrates Innovation with Major Donation to Smithsonian Spark!Lab Program in Honor of 150th Anniversary of Birth of Its Founder
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Ford Motor Company Fund today announced a $500,000 contribution to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History and its Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention and Innovation. The funds will be used to support and expand the Spark!Lab program challenging kids to create, collaborate and invent. The donation is part of Ford’s ongoing commitment to innovation and honors the legacy of founder Henry Ford; the anniversary of the company founder’s 150th birthday occurs this year on July 30.
- Ford Motor Company Provides $50,000 for Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts
DEARBORN – Ford employees and Ford Motor Company Fund are donating $50,000 to the American Red Cross and its chapters to assist with disaster relief in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
- Ford Motor Company Fund and JDRF Enable Research on Diabetic Eye Disease
DEARBORN - JDRF and the A. Alfred Taubman Medical Research Institute at the University of Michigan Medical School have announced that Dr. Tom Gardner has been named as the first Healthy Eyes Taubman Scholar.
- Ford Fund Thanks World War II Veterans with Trip to WWII Memorial in Washington, D.C.
DEARBORN - They have been called the Greatest Generation and the stories they tell of heroism, patriotism and friendship are relevant today as they were some 70 years ago. These are the soldiers, sailors and airmen of World War II. With each passing day, fewer of them are left to tell their stories.
- Ford Fund Sends World War II Veterans to Visit World War II Memorial in D.C. on D-Day; Announces $200,000 Grant to DAV
DEARBORN/LOUISVILLE – On the 68th anniversary of D-Day – the landing of 150,000 Allied troops on Nazi-fortified beaches in Normandy – Ford Motor Company Fund is sponsoring two Honor Flights for about 75 World War II veterans from Michigan and Kentucky to visit the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. The trips are organized as part of the Honor Flight Network.
- Ford Motor Company and Dealers Expect to Achieve $1 Million April Fundraising Goal for High Schools
DEARBORN – In April, Ford and its dealers partnered in a special challenge to raise $1 million for local high school programs through more than 300 Drive One 4 UR School events throughout the U.S. This week, both announced that based on initial reports that are still coming in, they expect the $1 million goal will be achieved.
- Ford Motor Company Fund Provides More Than $280,000 for Programs Supporting Youth in Detroit
DEARBORN – In recognition of the importance of supporting youth in the Detroit community, Ford Motor Company Fund is announcing more than $280,000 in grants and other support to benefit young people.
- Ford Provides Up to $100,000 to Help Tornado Victims
DEARBORN – In the wake of recent tornadoes, Ford Motor Company Fund is donating $75,000 to the American Red Cross and its chapters, as well as the Dare to Care Food Bank in Louisville to assist with disaster relief primarily in southern Indiana, and northern and eastern Kentucky. With matching employee donations, total contributions are expected to reach $100,000.
- Ford and Habitat for Humanity – Partners in Rebuilding Communities
DEARBORN - A Habitat for Humanity worksite is the very definition of progress. Volunteers gather, trucks roll in and out, and before you know it a once vacant lot becomes a family home. It's a remarkable scene of skill and cooperation, hard work and heart. The sounds of hammers, drills and saws fill the air and another step is taken to revitalize a community.
- Learning Can Happen in Many Ways and Many Places
DEARBORN - Education is a top priority at Ford Motor Company Fund. From Ford Next Generation Learning to Ford Blue Oval Scholars and the Ford College Community Challenge Grant program, Ford invests millions of dollars in traditional classroom instruction and innovative real-life training to help young people succeed in the career of their choice.
- Ford Fund's Philanthropic Efforts Distinguish Ford Employees, the Company in Communities Around the U.S.
DEARBORN - Ford President of the Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services Jim Vella recently sat down with Ford President of the Americas Mark Fields for a conversation on Ford’s philanthropic efforts on The Americas Webcast. Below is an excerpt from that discussion.
- Ford Fund Sends World War II Veterans to WWII Memorial in Washington, D.C.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - They have been called the Greatest Generation or the G.I. Generation in books and on TV. They are the parents and grandparents of the Baby Boomers, and with each passing day there are fewer and fewer of them left to tell their stories.
- Ford Fund Extends Assistance to Earthquake Victims
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company is extending sympathies to those affected by the earthquake that shook eastern Turkey last Sunday.
- Helping Empower the Next Generation of Leaders
DEARBORN - School districts across the country are working to increase the numbers of students excelling in science, technology, engineering and mathematics as a way to maintain and boost U.S. economic leadership.
- Kettering University Meets Sustainability Challenge, Awarded Ford Fund Grant
FLINT, Mich. - For the second year in a row, Kettering University has won a $50,000 Ford College Community Challenge (Ford C3) grant to help Flint’s Harvesting Earth Educational Farm.
- Ford Motor Company Fund Asks Students How They Are Making a Difference in Their Community to Win One of Three Prizes
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company Fund has launched the "Heart Behind the Oval" video contest. Based on public voting, three prizes will be awarded to college students who showcase how they are making a difference at their local non-profit.
- Ford Provides $50,000 to Help Bloomsburg Flood Victims
BLOOMSBURG, Penn. – The Ford Motor Company Fund is donating $50,000 to Central Susquehanna Community Foundation to assist with rebuilding in Bloomsburg, Penn., in the wake of recent flooding.
- Ford Ramps Up Presence in 85th America’s Thanksgiving Parade, Unveils Partnership to Help Families in Need
DETROIT – Ford Motor Company, Ford Motor Company Fund and The Parade Company today announced a major partnership that increases Ford’s longtime support of one of the country’s largest and longest-running parades – America’s Thanksgiving Parade®. In addition, Bill and Lisa Ford will serve as this year’s co-grand marshals for the parade, which is celebrating its 85th anniversary on Thursday, Nov. 24.