- Celebrating the Ford Focus: Share Your Experiences
BRENTWOOD, England – A new marketing campaign has started to celebrate the popularity of the Focus – the world’s best-selling car - by saying thank you to the model’s ever-growing fan-base of more than 12 million owners.
- Ford Celebrates Production of 1-Millionth Sigma Engine at Taubaté
TAUBATÉ, Brazil – Ford celebrated production of the 1-millionth Sigma engine at its Taubaté Engine Plant in Brazil. The Sigma is considered one of the most modern engines in the 1.5-liter and 1.6-liter classes. Sigma engines equip Fiesta, EcoSport and Focus in South America, the Mexico-produced Fiesta, and the Focus model built in Germany and Russia.
- Ford Focus Sedan Stood Out in April
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - The Ford Focus Sedan had its best sales performance since the release of the current generation, and kept the line among the three best selling in the mid-size segment. According to Renavam reports, the model has achieved 1,763 units in April and the Focus line, for the quarter, has sold 3,353 cars.
- Ford Celebrates 95 Years in Brazil with the Biggest Renovation in its History
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford Brazil celebrates today its 95th anniversary. The company reaches this milestone with a portfolio of global products, the biggest vehicle renovation in its history and the introduction of new technologies that improves the efficiency and car safety in different segments of the market (cars, pick-ups and light, medium and heavy trucks).
- Ford Reveals All-New Focus Sedan, Retains World’s Best-Selling Nameplate Title for 2013
DEARBORN – Ford Focus retains its title as world’s best-selling vehicle nameplate for 2013, according to Ford analysis of the just-released full-year Polk new vehicle registration data from IHS Automotive. The news comes as a new Focus four-door sedan prepares to make its debut at next week’s 2014 New York International Auto Show.
- Ford Brazil Launches Campaign for the Focus and Emphasizes the Pleasure of Driving the World Leader Model
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford has defined the “pleasure of driving” for the Focus as subject for the new advertising campaign of the vehicle – the world leader in sales. The film will be shown for the first time today, during the commercial break of Jornal Nacional (Brazilian prime time newscast aired by the country's largest broadcaster), bringing situations of humor and mystery, featuring characters who are seized by an uncontrollable urge to drive the car.
- Ford Most Nominated Brand in REI 2014 Awards for Excellence and Innovation
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford is in the spotlight of the REI Awarding – recognition for excellence and innovation, intended to select the main achievements of professionals and companies in the automotive industry from February 2013 to January 2014. With nine nominations, Ford is the brand with the highest number of finalists for the award sponsored by the Automotive Business magazine and portal.
- Ford in the Press – Week ending 21.03.14
The Ford Transit family and new Ford Focus all feature prominently in the press this week.
- Focus and New Fiesta Lead the Compact Car Segment
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil – To mark the beginning of another year with good news, Ford won the leadership of the medium hatch segment, with the Focus and the compact segment with the new Fiesta.
- Ford in the Press – Week ending 07.03.14
New Ford Focus dominates Europe’s press this week after the car took centre stage on the Ford stand in Geneva.
- Ford in the Press – Week ending 28.02.14
New Ford Focus dominates the Ford coverage in Europe’s press this week following its reveal at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
- Advanced New Focus Leads Ford’s Geneva Line-up; New Mustang, New Edge Concept Make Debuts
GENEVA, Switzerland – Ford Motor Company today delivers European auto show debuts for new vehicles that highlight the progress already achieved in the company’s product-led transformation.
- World’s Best-Selling Nameplate Gets Even Better: Ford Reveals Sophisticated New Focus with 1.0-Liter EcoBoost
DEARBORN – The 2015 Ford Focus, the world’s best-selling nameplate, is expected to hold onto this coveted title with a bold new look that emulates other recent Ford vehicle designs and more advanced technologies that improve driver comfort and safety.
- Focus Sets Fuel Efficiency Benchmark in Europe; First Non-Hybrid Petrol Family Car to Offer 99 g/km CO2
COLOGNE, Germany – The Focus has become the first non-hybrid petrol family car in Europe to break the 100 g/km CO2 barrier.
- EcoSport, Focus and New Fiesta Stand Out in January
SÃO PAULO, Brazil – Ford EcoSport, the New Focus and New Fiesta have started the year with great highlights in their respective segments.
- Ford to Premiere New Global Car at Mobile World Congress In Barcelona
COLOGNE, Germany, Feb. 17, 2014 – Ford Motor Company will unveil a new global vehicle featuring advanced connectivity, safety and driver assist technologies at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona at 10:00 CET on February 24.
- Ford Focus Earns Top Safety Ratings from NHTSA
DEARBORN - The 2014 Ford Focus maintains top marks in the federal government’s new car safety rating program. Both sedan and hatchback Focus models, as well as Focus Electric all earned a five-star overall vehicle score in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program.
- INMETRO/CONPET: Fusion Hybrid, Leader; New Fiesta And Focus Highlighted in Ranking of Fuel Economy
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Fusion Hybrid kept its position of the most economical passenger car in the country according to the 2014 ranking of INMETRO. The New Fiesta and Focus were also highlighted in the ranking that lists 496 models from 36 brands within the Vehicle Labeling Program, based on fuel consumption.
- Ford Announces SYNC® AppLink™ For The Brazilian Market At Campus Party 2014
SAO PAULO, Brazil -During a press conference in Campus Party, the biggest technology event in Brazil, Ford announced the arrival of SYNC® AppLink™ in Brazil this year. The decision is part of the company´s global strategy to meet the needs of drivers who want to be safely connected in their vehicles.
- Double-Digit Growth Strengthens Ford Focus’ Lead as Best-Selling Vehicle Nameplate in the World
DEARBORN - The Ford Focus continues to be the best-selling vehicle nameplate in the world, based on Ford’s analysis of the just-released and latest Polk global vehicle registration data through the third quarter of 2013.
- Ford Produces One-millionth Current Generation Focus For Europe
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford of Europe has produced the one-millionth current generation Focus. The 1.0-litre EcoBoost-powered hatchback model was manufactured in Saarlouis, Germany.
- Homage and Several Awards for Ford in 2013,Emphasis on the New Focus
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil -The New Focus was the major recognized product of the year, collecting awards from automotive press associations in Brazil, Argentina and Latin America, plus Brazilian TV journalists, besides being the only one in the region, along with the EcoSport model, rated with the top score of 5 stars in the safety testing program by the Latin NCAP.
- All-new Focus Was Chosen The “Best Regional Vehicle” of the Year by Argentina Automotive Industry Journalists (PIA)
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina.- Ford Argentina was awarded by Argentina’s Automotive Industry Journalists (PIA), which elected the all-new Focus as "Best Regional Vehicle of the Year". The all-new Kuga got the second place within the category SUV.
- New Ford Focus and New Fiesta, Best of the Year in Latin America by Auto Media
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil – With a good recognition, the New Ford Focus was elected as the "Latin American Car" by the automotive media of 11 countries of the region. Ford also took the second best position with the New Fiesta in this regional award which gathers over 55 auto journalists. The Americar Award selects the best cars of the year sold in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Mexico, among other markets.
- Ford Focus and EcoSport Earn Five-Star Safety Ranking from Latin NCAP
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford was one of the big winners in the fourth stage of the New Vehicle Assessment testing program for Latin America held by Latin NCAP, an independent new vehicle assessment program for the region.
- New Fiesta, Focus, Fusion and EcoSport are Rated "2014 Best Purchase", by Motor Show Magazine
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford was the major winner brand in the "2014 Best Purchase" poll, conducted by Motor Show magazine, with four blue oval models selected as the best in their categories.
- Ford Vehicles Wins Important Comparative Tests Against Top Competitors in Brazil
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford products in Brazil had an outstanding recognition over its competitors in three of the main automotive comparative tests performed by national influent publications.
- Ford Brazil sets Interactive Campaign on the Internet to present the New Focus
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford set an interactive digital campaign, allowing a virtual test-drive in the New Focus, the newest launch of the brand in the Brazilian market. With the arrival of these new units in Ford dealers throughout the country, this action is named "Focus Dublê Service" and can be seen through this link.
- Ford Brazil Promotes New Fusion’s Test-drive in São Paulo
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford Brazil hosted a unique demonstration program with the New Fusion for travelers who use the supplementary parking lot Airport Park at the International Airport of São Paulo. The transfer, usually made by Ford Transit vans, was made by the New Fusion 2.5 Flex, 2.0 EcoBoost or Hybrid versions, with special drivers until the points of boarding and landing.
- Ford Focus Extends Streak as Best-Selling Vehicle Nameplate Worldwide
DEARBORN – Ford Focus, the best-selling vehicle nameplate in the world in 2012, retains the title for the first half of 2013.