- Ford in the Press – Week ending 28.02.14
New Ford Focus dominates the Ford coverage in Europe’s press this week following its reveal at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
- Advanced New Focus Leads Ford’s Geneva Line-up; New Mustang, New Edge Concept Make Debuts
GENEVA, Switzerland – Ford Motor Company today delivers European auto show debuts for new vehicles that highlight the progress already achieved in the company’s product-led transformation.
- World’s Best-Selling Nameplate Gets Even Better: Ford Reveals Sophisticated New Focus with 1.0-Liter EcoBoost
DEARBORN – The 2015 Ford Focus, the world’s best-selling nameplate, is expected to hold onto this coveted title with a bold new look that emulates other recent Ford vehicle designs and more advanced technologies that improve driver comfort and safety.
- Focus Sets Fuel Efficiency Benchmark in Europe; First Non-Hybrid Petrol Family Car to Offer 99 g/km CO2
COLOGNE, Germany – The Focus has become the first non-hybrid petrol family car in Europe to break the 100 g/km CO2 barrier.
- EcoSport, Focus and New Fiesta Stand Out in January
SÃO PAULO, Brazil – Ford EcoSport, the New Focus and New Fiesta have started the year with great highlights in their respective segments.
- Ford to Premiere New Global Car at Mobile World Congress In Barcelona
COLOGNE, Germany, Feb. 17, 2014 – Ford Motor Company will unveil a new global vehicle featuring advanced connectivity, safety and driver assist technologies at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona at 10:00 CET on February 24.
- Ford Focus Earns Top Safety Ratings from NHTSA
DEARBORN - The 2014 Ford Focus maintains top marks in the federal government’s new car safety rating program. Both sedan and hatchback Focus models, as well as Focus Electric all earned a five-star overall vehicle score in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program.
- INMETRO/CONPET: Fusion Hybrid, Leader; New Fiesta And Focus Highlighted in Ranking of Fuel Economy
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Fusion Hybrid kept its position of the most economical passenger car in the country according to the 2014 ranking of INMETRO. The New Fiesta and Focus were also highlighted in the ranking that lists 496 models from 36 brands within the Vehicle Labeling Program, based on fuel consumption.
- Ford Announces SYNC® AppLink™ For The Brazilian Market At Campus Party 2014
SAO PAULO, Brazil -During a press conference in Campus Party, the biggest technology event in Brazil, Ford announced the arrival of SYNC® AppLink™ in Brazil this year. The decision is part of the company´s global strategy to meet the needs of drivers who want to be safely connected in their vehicles.
- Double-Digit Growth Strengthens Ford Focus’ Lead as Best-Selling Vehicle Nameplate in the World
DEARBORN - The Ford Focus continues to be the best-selling vehicle nameplate in the world, based on Ford’s analysis of the just-released and latest Polk global vehicle registration data through the third quarter of 2013.
- Ford Produces One-millionth Current Generation Focus For Europe
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford of Europe has produced the one-millionth current generation Focus. The 1.0-litre EcoBoost-powered hatchback model was manufactured in Saarlouis, Germany.
- Homage and Several Awards for Ford in 2013,Emphasis on the New Focus
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil -The New Focus was the major recognized product of the year, collecting awards from automotive press associations in Brazil, Argentina and Latin America, plus Brazilian TV journalists, besides being the only one in the region, along with the EcoSport model, rated with the top score of 5 stars in the safety testing program by the Latin NCAP.
- All-new Focus Was Chosen The “Best Regional Vehicle” of the Year by Argentina Automotive Industry Journalists (PIA)
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina.- Ford Argentina was awarded by Argentina’s Automotive Industry Journalists (PIA), which elected the all-new Focus as "Best Regional Vehicle of the Year". The all-new Kuga got the second place within the category SUV.
- New Ford Focus and New Fiesta, Best of the Year in Latin America by Auto Media
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil – With a good recognition, the New Ford Focus was elected as the "Latin American Car" by the automotive media of 11 countries of the region. Ford also took the second best position with the New Fiesta in this regional award which gathers over 55 auto journalists. The Americar Award selects the best cars of the year sold in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Mexico, among other markets.
- Ford Focus and EcoSport Earn Five-Star Safety Ranking from Latin NCAP
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford was one of the big winners in the fourth stage of the New Vehicle Assessment testing program for Latin America held by Latin NCAP, an independent new vehicle assessment program for the region.
- New Fiesta, Focus, Fusion and EcoSport are Rated "2014 Best Purchase", by Motor Show Magazine
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford was the major winner brand in the "2014 Best Purchase" poll, conducted by Motor Show magazine, with four blue oval models selected as the best in their categories.
- Ford Vehicles Wins Important Comparative Tests Against Top Competitors in Brazil
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford products in Brazil had an outstanding recognition over its competitors in three of the main automotive comparative tests performed by national influent publications.
- Ford Brazil sets Interactive Campaign on the Internet to present the New Focus
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford set an interactive digital campaign, allowing a virtual test-drive in the New Focus, the newest launch of the brand in the Brazilian market. With the arrival of these new units in Ford dealers throughout the country, this action is named "Focus Dublê Service" and can be seen through this link.
- Ford Brazil Promotes New Fusion’s Test-drive in São Paulo
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford Brazil hosted a unique demonstration program with the New Fusion for travelers who use the supplementary parking lot Airport Park at the International Airport of São Paulo. The transfer, usually made by Ford Transit vans, was made by the New Fusion 2.5 Flex, 2.0 EcoBoost or Hybrid versions, with special drivers until the points of boarding and landing.
- Ford Focus Extends Streak as Best-Selling Vehicle Nameplate Worldwide
DEARBORN – Ford Focus, the best-selling vehicle nameplate in the world in 2012, retains the title for the first half of 2013.
- Ford Introduces the New Focus in Argentina
MENDOZA, Argentina – Ford presented the New Focus’ complete lineup for the press at an event in Mendoza, Argentina. The four-day event is going to be attended by 230 South American journalists and online influencers and includes the Sedan and the Hatch models’ test-drive - both introduced in two engine and catalog versions, created in order to meet the consumers' different profiles.
- Ford Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program Achieves Record 39 Percent Growth; Improves Residuals, Dealer Profits
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company is on pace to set an all-time Certified Pre-Owned vehicle sales record this year. Through August, the company recorded 228,000 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury certified vehicle sales, representing 39 percent growth versus 2012.
- Ford Summer Spectacular Digital Ads Target Summer Moviegoers
DEARBORN - The Ford Summer Spectacular sales event has been in full swing since the beginning of July, and the unique ads created for the occasion are getting a lot of traction in untraditional places.
- Ford Focus Remains Best-Selling Vehicle Nameplate in the World, Bolstered by Strong Sales in First-Quarter 2013
DEARBORN – Ford Focus, the best-selling vehicle nameplate in the world last year, retains that ranking through the first quarter of 2013 with global vehicle registrations up 18 percent compared to the same period in 2012.
- Ford Announces First Petrol-powered Family Car in Europe To Break 100 g/km CO2 Barrier
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company has announced a new version of the Focus 1.0-litre EcoBoost that will be the first petrol-powered family car in Europe to offer 99 g/km CO2 emissions.
- 2013 Ford Focus Earns Highest Possible Safety Rating from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
DEARBORN - The 2013 Ford Focus earned a Top Safety Pick+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Focus is one of six vehicles in the small car segment to achieve IIHS’s highest rating.
- BrandIndex: Customers Rank Ford Tops in Brand Perception
DEARBORN - BrandIndex puts Ford No. 1 in customer perceptions in its midyear review survey – based on responses from 600,000 Americans rating 1,100 U.S. companies. Respondents reacted favorably to Ford when asked if they’d heard anything good or bad in the past two weeks about a brand. Ford jumped from sixth place in the 2012 survey, due largely to sales momentum for the all-new Fusion and Focus.
- Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 13 Percent; Ford Cars, Escape Continue Record-Setting Pace, Driving Coastal Share
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company’s U.S. June sales grew 13 percent compared with a year ago, marking Ford’s best June sales results since 2006. Cars are up 12 percent, utilities are up 8 percent, and trucks are up 20 percent.
- One Millionth Ford Vehicle Sold in Russia, a Ford Focus; Signals Strength of Global Lineup and Profitable Growth
MOSCOW, Russia - Ford Sollers announces today the one millionth Ford vehicle sold to a Russian customer since Ford re-entered the market in the mid-1990s – a Ford Focus.
- Ford Introduces the New Focus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Ford has introduced the new Focus line at the Buenos Aires Auto Show, in Argentina. In the presentation of over a thousand South American journalists, including the Brazilian press, Ford announced that the New Focus, both the sedan and hatch versions, will hit the Brazilian and Argentinean markets in 2013.