- 2015 Ford Explorer Updated with New Colors, Features and a Sporty New Look for Summer
Ford Explorer brings new options to utility vehicle customers for 2015, including a sport-inspired appearance package that raises the bar on comfort and technology without breaking the bank, as well as new colors and features.
- Ford F-Series Posts Best April Since 2006, Explorer Has Best April Sales Since 2005
F-Series sales totaled 63,387 vehicles last month, making for the truck’s best April since 2006, and Explorer had its best April sales performance since 2005 with 16,629 vehicles sold, an increase of 17 percent.
- Ford Explorer Maintains Top Safety Ratings from NHTSA
DEARBORN - The 2014 Ford Explorer maintains top marks in the federal government’s new car safety rating program. Both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive models earned five-star overall vehicle scores in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program.
- KBB.com: Ford Mustang, Explorer Top Performance Car, Full-Size SUV to Own Over Five Years
DEARBORN - Two Ford-brand vehicles have been named to the KBB.com 2014 5-Year Cost to Own Award list by Kelley Blue Book.
- Ford Explorer Continues to be Hot Commodity
DEARBORN - Since its re-launch in December of 2010, the Ford Explorer continues to generate excitement among consumers. And that excitement translates into robust sales for Ford.
- Ford Explorer Taking Volunteers on a Challenging Expedition from West China to Nepal
SHANGHAI, China – Ford’s all-new Explorer is taking a group of adventurers on a challenging journey across western China to Nepal. Joining forces with CBN Weekly, a major Chinese business journal, Ford is the vehicle sponsor of the expedition, which aims to promote cultural diversity and raise people’s awareness of the rich cultural heritage around the world.
- Philly Is New Green Hotbed, Dallas Has Its Hands Full, New Yorkers Are Stargazing Based on Ford Escape Sales Trends
DEARBORN – Bucking longstanding trends, Philadelphians are going greener than all other major cities based on sales of the new Escape and Explorer equipped with Ford’s advanced, fuel-saving EcoBoost engine.
- Ford Korea Sets New All-Time Monthly Sales Record in May
SEOUL – Ford Sales Service Korea announced record sales in May, selling 657 vehicles from its Ford and Lincoln brands, making it Ford’s best-ever monthly sales performance in Korea. Previously 614 was the highest record for sales in one month (set in April 2010).
- Ford Launches 'Auto Remedio' Campaign in Puerto Rico to Emphasize Technology, Brand Strengths
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico – Ford recently launched its first primary brand campaign, dubbed “Auto Remedio,” in Puerto Rico to accentuate its position as the favorite American manufacturer on the island.
- Ford Explorer Test Drive Wows Media at Ancient Silk Road Fort
GANSU, China — Jiayuguan, one of the greatest ancient forts on the Silk Road, offered a spectacular backdrop for a recent Ford Explorer media drive, which served to enhance Ford’s China flagship SUV reputation for offering unmatched SUV capability.
- Ford Explorer Production Goes International as Iconic SUV Rolls Off the Line in Russia
ELABUGA, Russia – As demand for utility vehicles increases around the world, the Ford Explorer is being produced from the ground up outside of the United States for the first time in the iconic SUV’s history.
- Ford of Canada Top-Selling Automaker in March
OAKVILLE, Ont. — Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited sales increased 2 percent in March, driven by F-150, which grew 23 per cent. Flex, Explorer and Expedition had positive sales, with increases of 11, 21 and 41 percent respectively.
- Ford All-Wheel-Drive Retail Sales Up 72 Percent Since 2009, Surpassing Industry Growth Rate
DEARBORN – Ford is capitalizing on the popularity of all-wheel-drive technology, with its AWD sales growing 72 percent since 2009, outpacing the industry growth rate of 53 percent. In 2012, more than 20 percent of the industry’s new car and utility vehicles were sold with AWD systems.
- Cost of Ownership and the Ford Advantage
DEARBORN - If you put two vehicles side by side and compare pricing, the one with the lower sticker price may not necessarily be the least expensive to own and operate over a five-year period.