- Ford Launches 'Auto Remedio' Campaign in Puerto Rico to Emphasize Technology, Brand Strengths
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico – Ford recently launched its first primary brand campaign, dubbed “Auto Remedio,” in Puerto Rico to accentuate its position as the favorite American manufacturer on the island.
- Ford Explorer Test Drive Wows Media at Ancient Silk Road Fort
GANSU, China — Jiayuguan, one of the greatest ancient forts on the Silk Road, offered a spectacular backdrop for a recent Ford Explorer media drive, which served to enhance Ford’s China flagship SUV reputation for offering unmatched SUV capability.
- Ford Explorer Production Goes International as Iconic SUV Rolls Off the Line in Russia
ELABUGA, Russia – As demand for utility vehicles increases around the world, the Ford Explorer is being produced from the ground up outside of the United States for the first time in the iconic SUV’s history.
- Ford of Canada Top-Selling Automaker in March
OAKVILLE, Ont. — Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited sales increased 2 percent in March, driven by F-150, which grew 23 per cent. Flex, Explorer and Expedition had positive sales, with increases of 11, 21 and 41 percent respectively.
- Ford All-Wheel-Drive Retail Sales Up 72 Percent Since 2009, Surpassing Industry Growth Rate
DEARBORN – Ford is capitalizing on the popularity of all-wheel-drive technology, with its AWD sales growing 72 percent since 2009, outpacing the industry growth rate of 53 percent. In 2012, more than 20 percent of the industry’s new car and utility vehicles were sold with AWD systems.
- Cost of Ownership and the Ford Advantage
DEARBORN - If you put two vehicles side by side and compare pricing, the one with the lower sticker price may not necessarily be the least expensive to own and operate over a five-year period.
- Ford F-Series Trucks and Utilities Recognized by Texas Auto Writers
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) has awarded Ford F-Series Trucks and Utilities with top honors in key categories after comparing the vehicles against competitors during the group’s annual Texas Truck Rodeo near San Antonio.
- Ford Sollers Showcases Three New Global Models at Moscow International Automobile Salon 2012
MOSCOW, Russia - Ford Sollers this week unveils three new global models, as well as the 2013 Ford Explorer, at the Moscow International Automobile Salon 2012.
- 2013 Ford Taurus and Explorer, Lincoln MKS Earn NHTSA’s Highest NCAP Overall Vehicle Score
DEARBORN – Three Ford Motor Company vehicles – the 2013 Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and Lincoln MKS – earned a top safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). These vehicles earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
- The Votes are Tallied: All-New Explorer Voted Best Luxury SUV
MANILA, Philippines — The All-New Ford Explorer 3.5L V6 AWD Limited was named Best Luxury SUV in the 2011-2012 Car of the Year awards ceremony held oMarch 29.
- The All-New Ford Explorer is Saudi Auto’s 4x4 of the Year
JEDDAH, KSA – The all-new Ford Explorer recently added another accolade to its growing list of awards as it received the 4x4 of the Year title from Saudi Auto, one of the region’s leading and Saudi Arabia’s premier car publications.
- Ford Fusion, Ford Explorer and Lincoln MKZ Rank Highest in Durability in 2012 J.D. Power and Associates’ Vehicle Dependability Study
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company’s continuing emphasis on long-term quality is paying off for its customers.
- Ford at SEMA 2011
LAS VEGAS - From mild to wild, and from old to new, this year's Ford Motor Company display at SEMA has something for everyone. We'll showcase some of the most legendary cars in Ford's storied 110-year racing history, introduce a stunning array of show vehicles, from Fiesta to the Super Duty, and reveal more about Ford's global performance vehicles, Fiesta ST and Focus ST. We're also going to yank the covers off an all-new 363-cubic-inch Ford Racing stroker engine, and introduce the latest Ford licensed restoration part that's sure to delight fans of the classic 1964-66 Mustang.
- Ford Explorer Hits the 100,000-Sales Mark; Fastest-Growing Midsize Utility in the Country
DEARBORN – America’s love affair with the Ford Explorer is stronger than ever with more than 100,000 Explorers sold this year – making it the fastest-growing midsize utility in the nation.
- Ford Explorer New Lane Keeping Technology Can Help Detect Drowsy Drivers, Suggest Coffee Breaks
DEARBORN – The new Ford Explorer will come with a cup of coffee for customers who opt for an innovative new Lane Keeping System that can warn drivers if it detects they are getting too tired to drive.
- Ford Explorer and F-Series at SEMA
LAS VEGAS - Ford trucks and SUVs are known for their unmatched capability and at this year's SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) show, they will flex their style muscle as well. Three Ford Explorer SUVs and four F-Series trucks will be on display, showing off the extreme versatility of their respective lineups.
- Ford Venezuela Launches the Totally Reinvented Ford Explorer
CARACAS - During a special VIP and Dealer event, Ford Venezuela introduced the totally reinvented Ford Explorer at the Lagunita Country Club, an exclusive golf club in Caracas.
- Bold, Sporty All-New Ford Explorer Launched in the Philippines
MANILA, Philippines — The All-New Ford Explorer, reinvented with a bold and sporty SUV design, was launched at a glitzy event in the heart of the Philippine capital where guests were treated to a hi-tech display before two of the vehicles were unveiled for them to explore its class-first features.
- Ford Explorer Now 100 Percent Reinvented in LEGO® Bricks Debuts at Chicago Assembly Plant, Becomes Centerpiece of New Ford Driving School at LEGOLAND® Florida Theme Park
CHICAGO – A unique Ford Explorer rolling off the line today at Chicago Assembly Plant will feature the model’s trademark eye-catching craftsmanship with one notable distinction. This Ford Explorer is created from more than 380,000 LEGO bricks and marks the beginning of a long-term alliance between Ford and LEGOLAND® Florida theme park.
- Ford Venezuela Celebrates the New Ford Explorer Job 1 Event with Employees
CARACAS - Ford Venezuela decided to have all company workers attend the Job 1 event for the all new, reinvented, Ford Explorer. The event took place at the Company’s Valencia plant sports field, with the attendance of more than 1200 workers who had the chance to bring along a family member.
- Head's Up: Ford Increases Soy Content in Foam, Adds Head Restraint as Newest Component for Sustainable Material
DEARBORN – Ford and Lear Corporation are taking another leap forward in sustainable technology with the introduction of new head restraint foam that has 25 percent of the polyol replaced with soy.
- 2012 Ford Explorer and 2012 Ford Edge Ecoboost Drive Reviews
DEARBORN - Ford recently provided media the opportunity to drive the 2012 Ford Explorer and 2012 Ford Edge Ecoboost, here is what they had to say.
- Ford Bolsters EcoBoost Commitment for 2012 with Fuel-Efficient Edge, Explorer Utilities, Broadens Focus Lineup
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company is expanding its range of vehicles with the award-winning EcoBoost® engine, offering the fuel-efficient powertrain in the 2012 Ford Edge and Explorer that are arriving in dealerships now.
- Customers Recognize Ford's Dedication to Fuel Efficiency
DEARBORN - As the prices at the pump continue to rise customers are demanding products with leading fuel efficiency, and they are rating Ford highly for delivering, according to the J.D. Power 2011 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) study.
- Ford Explorer Sets New Standard for SUV Fuel Efficiency
DEARBORN – Ford’s hot-selling Explorer is now the most fuel-efficient seven-passenger SUV on the market, delivering an EPA-certified 28 mpg on the highway with an all-new 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine. This is the first application of this advanced engine in North America.
- Over 200 Journalists Take All-New Explorer for a Spin in Japan
TOKYO, Japan – The launch of the All-New Ford Explorer in Japan last month was met with keen interest from media across the county.
- Ford Explorer, GOOD Partner to 'Reinvent the Outdoors'
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company and the online community GOOD have joined together to launch “Reinventing the Outdoors,” an online competition that brings together nonprofits and celebrities in the quest to win a $50,000 grant.
- Ford Japan Office and Dealers Back to Normal and Moving Ahead
Ford’s operations in Japan have returned to normal thanks to the dedication of the Ford employees and dealer partners who have continued to work hard to ensure things are moving forward despite challenges that remain following the devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit the country last month.
- California Dreamin' in Hawaii – Family Shows What Ford Explorer ‘Go Do Adventures’ Campaign is All About
OAHU, United States – The all-new Ford Explorer can handle just about any kind of terrain, but the first webisode of the “Go Do Adventures” campaign shows this sport utility vehicle can help make dreams come true, as well.
- Ford and The Steve Harvey Morning Show Look for the ‘Craziest Marriage Proposal’
DEARBORN – Ever wondered just how “crazy” a marriage proposal could be? Ford and The Steve Harvey Morning Show want to answer that question and have set out to find the craziest marriage proposal.