- As Baby Boomers Streamline and Simplify, Compact Utility Vehicles and Small Premium Home Sales Skyrocket
DEARBORN - The baby boomer preference for everything bigger over the last 35 years is shrinking, but this generation’s desire for comfort and amenities is still very much at the forefront in the choices they make as consumers.
- Ford Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program Achieves Record 39 Percent Growth; Improves Residuals, Dealer Profits
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company is on pace to set an all-time Certified Pre-Owned vehicle sales record this year. Through August, the company recorded 228,000 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury certified vehicle sales, representing 39 percent growth versus 2012.
- Ford Summer Spectacular Digital Ads Target Summer Moviegoers
DEARBORN - The Ford Summer Spectacular sales event has been in full swing since the beginning of July, and the unique ads created for the occasion are getting a lot of traction in untraditional places.
- Ford Escape Sets New Sales Record for Small Utilities
DEARBORN - The Ford Escape set a new sales record. It is now the first small utility ever to sell more than 150,000 vehicles in the first half of any year.
- Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 13 Percent; Ford Cars, Escape Continue Record-Setting Pace, Driving Coastal Share
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company’s U.S. June sales grew 13 percent compared with a year ago, marking Ford’s best June sales results since 2006. Cars are up 12 percent, utilities are up 8 percent, and trucks are up 20 percent.
- Ford's Newest Fuel-Efficient Products Driving Sales Growth, Market Share Gains in the U.S., Particularly on the Coasts
DEARBORN – Ford’s market share is growing at a faster rate than its competitors in the United States, gaining nearly a full percentage point through May, largely in the hotly contested small utility vehicle and midsize sedan segments – and on the coasts.
- Philly Is New Green Hotbed, Dallas Has Its Hands Full, New Yorkers Are Stargazing Based on Ford Escape Sales Trends
DEARBORN – Bucking longstanding trends, Philadelphians are going greener than all other major cities based on sales of the new Escape and Explorer equipped with Ford’s advanced, fuel-saving EcoBoost engine.
- Ford Kicks Off New Hispanic Super Segment Campaign ‘Si Todo Fuera Como Un Ford’
DEARBORN - Ford continues their long history of engaging Hispanic audiences with clever and relevant communications. In this exciting campaign,‘Si Todo Fuera Como Un Ford’ (If Everything Was Like a Ford), Ford introduces a new Hispanic value positioning, integrated in 30 second branded TV spots for Focus, Fusion and Escape.
- Ford Escape, Fusion Accelerate ‘Super Segment’ Share Gains
DEARBORN – Driven by strong sales of two of Ford’s newest vehicles, the Ford Fusion and Escape, Ford’s share of the “super segment,” comprised of subcompacts, compacts, midsize sedans and small utilities, stands at 13 percent through the first four months of 2013 – representing a gain of 2 share points compared to the same period last year.
- Ford Launches 'Auto Remedio' Campaign in Puerto Rico to Emphasize Technology, Brand Strengths
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico – Ford recently launched its first primary brand campaign, dubbed “Auto Remedio,” in Puerto Rico to accentuate its position as the favorite American manufacturer on the island.
- Ford All-Wheel-Drive Retail Sales Up 72 Percent Since 2009, Surpassing Industry Growth Rate
DEARBORN – Ford is capitalizing on the popularity of all-wheel-drive technology, with its AWD sales growing 72 percent since 2009, outpacing the industry growth rate of 53 percent. In 2012, more than 20 percent of the industry’s new car and utility vehicles were sold with AWD systems.
- Vietnamese Fans Challenge Ford Escape’s Fuel Efficiency, Achieving 7.21 L/100 km (13.87 km/l)
HANOI, Vietnam — When the Ford Escape boasted fuel efficiency of 8.2 L/100 km (12.2 km/l) during a test last year, many fans were surprised by the impressive numbers. Now, the SUV has gone even further.
- African Americans Represent Key Consumer Group for Ford
DEARBORN - February is Black History Month, but Ford Motor Company’s focus on African Americans is an ongoing effort that continues throughout the year.
- Ford Motor Company January Sales up 22 Percent, Best since 2006; Fusion, Escape Post Record January Sales
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company’s January U.S. sales of 166,501 grew 22 percent year-over-year – with retail sales up 24 percent. Gains were made across the product lineup, with cars up 34 percent, utilities up 23 percent, and trucks up 11 percent for the month.
- Thousands Enter Ford Credit Free Escape Contest
DEARBORN - The submissions have been made, they’ve been narrowed by a committee, and now it’s up to the people to decide who wins a 2013 Ford Escape from Ford Motor Credit Company.
- Escape to a Campground
KOREA – They’re not your typical test drives.
- Ford’s Fuel-Efficient Lineup Delivers Best Small Car October Sales Since 2001
DEARBORN – Ford total U.S. sales grew across the portfolio in October, with cars up 2 percent, utilities rising 2 percent, Ford F-Series pickups up 8 percent and Ford Econoline and Ford Transit Connect sales gaining 19 and 22 percent, respectively.
- Ford F-Series Trucks and Utilities Recognized by Texas Auto Writers
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) has awarded Ford F-Series Trucks and Utilities with top honors in key categories after comparing the vehicles against competitors during the group’s annual Texas Truck Rodeo near San Antonio.
- Ford and Lincoln Vehicles Make NACTOY Short-list
DEARBORN - Ford and Lincoln vehicles will have a chance at being named 2013 North American Car and Truck of the Year (NACTOY).
- Ford Launches Comedy Web Series Starring All-New Escape
DEARBORN - Ford recently launched a new comedy web series called Escape My Life, which is designed to showcase the features of the all-new 2013 Ford Escape in a unique and entertaining way.
- New Escape Ads Feature Ford Employees Going Further
DEARBORN - The second phase of television advertising begins this weekend for the 2013 Ford Escape. And it is designed to bring some of the exclusive features and technology of the reinvented SUV to life through the eyes of the employees who were instrumental in creating them.
- How Does Ford Measure Space in the All-New Ford Escape? Pingpong Balls
DEARBORN – How many pingpong balls fit into an all-new Ford Escape? Approximately 56,778.
- Rally Escape Mexico – The Ultimate Experience
MEXICO CITY - Since the Ford Escape’s first introduction to the Mexican market in 2001, it has revolutionized the industry becoming a top pick among Ford clients. Ten years later, its bold design positioned it as Mexico’s best-selling SUV and the number one selling Ford vehicle nationwide, with nearly 11,000 units sold, 600 more than its closest competitor.
- Northland Ford Dealers Kick Off ‘Win & Escape’ Sweepstakes with Sales Rally at Mall of America
DEARBORN – Northland Ford dealers are offering consumers the chance to win a two-year lease of the all-new 2013 Ford Escape at Mall of America and at Ford dealerships throughout the Twin Cities region.
- Ford Partners with Feeding America to Make Experiencing the All-New Escape a Charitable Endeavor
DEARBORN - Participants in the 2013 Ford Escape Hunger Drive will get to feed people facing hunger this summer, while also getting a chance to experience Ford’s all-new small utility vehicle that is loaded with smart technologies.
- New Escape Ads Advance Go Further Message
DEARBORN - If there is a vehicle that embodies the Go Further spirit, it’s the all-new 2013 Ford Escape.
- Ford Retail Advertising Follows Proven Recipe for Success
DEARBORN - Retail ads for Ford’s Summer Sales Event are running now throughout the country and according to David Rivers, manager, U.S. Retail Communications, there are three key ingredients in their recipe for success: strong products, real people talking about their experiences with the Ford brand and Mike Rowe facilitating that discussion.