- Ford 1.0-Litre EcoBoost Wins International Engine of the Year for Second Year
STUTTGART, Germany – Ford Motor Company’s ultra-fuel efficient and spirited 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine today was named 2013 International Engine of the Year, marking the second straight year Ford’s acclaimed three-cylinder engine has captured the award.
- How a 600-Mile NASCAR Race Challenges Engine Builders
CONCORD, N.C. - After competing in the Sprint All-Star Race, which is one of the shortest events of the season, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams will experience the longest race of the year this weekend as the annual Coca-Cola 600 takes place at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Sunday. Doug Yates, head engine builder at Roush Yates Engines, spoke to Ford Racing about what makes the annual Memorial Day Weekend spectacular so challenging from a power perspective.
- Ford Sollers Accelerates Growth Plan in Russia With New Engine Plant and Launch of EcoSport
RUSSIA – Ford Sollers is accelerating its plan to expand in the burgeoning Russian market by announcing that it is building a $274 million (10 billion Russian Rouble) engine plant in Elabuga in Tatarstan, and also will manufacture and sell the EcoSport.
- Changan Ford Mazda Engine Celebrates One Millionth Engine Milestone
NANJING, China — The team at Changan Ford Mazda Engine Co., Ltd (CFME) has celebrated an historic moment, with its one millionth engine rolling off the line, which will power both the world’s and China's best-selling compact car – the Ford Focus.
- LEP Hosts Supplier Summit in Preparation of New Engine Launch
LIMA, Ohio - In its simplest form, the business model of supply and demand can be broken down into two parts. A consumer needs “something” and a business provides that “something.” Suppliers, though, act as the link in the supply and demand process.
- Ford Boosts Chassis, Engine Production Capacity to Meet Rising Demand for Motorhomes
DEARBORN - Ford, America’s best-selling motorhome chassis manufacturer, is increasing production capacity by approximately 35 percent to meet renewed recreational vehicle demand in the United States.
- Ford’s 2.0-Liter EcoBoost Engine Wins Second Consecutive Ward’s 10 Best Engines Trophy; GT500 Engine Also Honored
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company’s fuel efficient 2.0-liter EcoBoost® four-cylinder engine is one of two Ford engines this year to win a highly coveted 10 Best Engines trophy from the editors of WardsAuto World.
- Q&A with Joe Bakaj, Global Vice President, Powertrain Engineering
DEARBORN - @Ford recently sat down with Joe Bakaj, global vice president, Powertrain Engineering, to discuss the 1.0-liter EcoBoost and the challenges that lay ahead in Powertrain for 2013.
- Ford 1.0-Liter EcoBoost Engine Sets the Standard for Smoothness and Quietness in Small Engines
DUNTON and DAGENHAM – Start up Ford’s patented new 1.0-liter three-cylinder EcoBoost® engine and chances are you’ll have to look at the tachometer to verify that the engine is running.
- The All-New 1.0-Liter EcoBoost Engine: The Little Engine that Does
DEARBORN - Starting with the 2014 Ford Fiesta, the award-winning 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine will change the game for fuel-economy standards.
- Ford Marks Milestone As 500,000th EcoBoost-Equipped Vehicle Rolls off Line
DEARBORN – Ford’s highly successful, fuel-efficient EcoBoost® engine technology hit a big milestone recently with its 500,000th engine being produced just three years after its launch in 2009.
- Award-Winning 1.0-Liter EcoBoost Engine Coming to North America Next Year in the New Ford Fiesta
DEARBORN – The new 2014 Ford Fiesta on sale next year will be the first vehicle available in the United States with Ford’s award-winning 1.0-liter EcoBoost® engine. Though the car has not yet undergone EPA testing, it is expected to be certified as the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid car available in the United States.
- Ford Celebrates the Production of 500,000 Sigma Engines in Brazil
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford achieved the production of 500,000 Sigma engines in Brazil, the global family which equips the Focus, New Fiesta and New EcoSport models in South America as well as the New Fiesta in North America. Composed of 1.6 Flex and gasoline versions, the line is produced at Ford's plant in Taubaté, São Paulo state, and incorporates important advances in performance, economy and sustainability, with international quality standards.
- Ford EcoSport, Ranger, Fusion and Fusion Hybrid Win '2013 Car of the Year' Awards in Brazil
SAO PAULO, Brazil – Ford was the big winner last night at the Brazilian Car of the Year Awards in Sao Paulo, picking up awards in five of the eight categories.
- Ford Brazil Celebrates the Production of 3 Million Zetec Engines in Taubaté
TAUBATÉ, Brazil - Ford Brazil celebrated the production of 3 million RoCam Zetec engines that fit its popular models Ka, Fiesta and Courier. Produced at the Taubaté plant, in São Paulo state, with this milestone the RoCam reinforces the fact of being one of the most successful lines of engines in the country, comprised by versions 1.0 and Flex 1.6 Flex and gasoline, the latter intended for foreign market.
- Ford Trucks Highlights the Euro 5 Engine Power in the New Ford 2429 Cargo Campaign
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil – Ford Trucks launched a campaign to show the power of the New 2429 Cargo equipped with the six-cylinder Cummins Euro 5 engine, which, besides being more powerful, with 290cv, also saves more fuel. The comedy movie called Gladiators shows what happens inside the truck’s engine during a steep climb.
- Ford India Expands Engine Plant and Positioned As a Regional Hub
CHENNAI, India – Ford India has completed the expansion of its engine plant, increasing annual engine production capacity 36 percent to 340,000, helping transform the facility into a regional small engine hub.
- Canadian Built: Ford Edges and Engines
OAKVILLE/WINDSOR - When the Ford Edge was launched in 2006 – built at Oakville Assembly Complex in Oakville, Ontario – it was a winner from the start, capturing reviews that described it as significant and appealing. Fast forward to the present and after a substantial refresh, add handsome, tech-savvy and fuelefficient to the long list of words that describe the vehicle named Best New Utility Vehicle by the Automotive Journalist Association of Canada last year.
- Longest Parade Float is Ruff and (Built Ford) Tough
LOS ANGELES - How do you power “The World’s Longest and Heaviest Parade Float,” according to the Guinness Book of World Records? With a mighty Ford Motor Company 6.8-liter 10-cylinder gas engine. Natural Balance Pet Foods turned to Ford to propel its massive 116-foot, 50-ton Surf’s Up! float that will debut on national television on Jan. 2 in a famous parade in Pasadena, Calif.
- Ford Brazil Announces R$ 500 Million Investment in Taubaté
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford reaffirms its commitment to its Brazilian operations and announced a new investment program worth R$ 500 million at its engine and transmissions plant in Taubaté, Sao Paulo state. The amount will be allocated for the continued expansion of production capacity, which will be increased to 500,000 Sigma engine units per year and to 520,000 transmissions/year, and will also result in the creation of 500 new jobs at the plant, which today has 1.7 thousand employees.
- Ford Racing Reveals Concept Behind a New Line of 2.0L Crate Engines for 2012
DEARBORN – Part of the expanded crate engine lineup that Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced for 2012 includes a naturally aspirated, 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder “Crate Engine Concept.” This engine is the precursor for a range of production-based I-4 offerings.
- Ford Racing Performance Parts Expands Crate Engine Lineup for 2012
DEARBORN –When it comes to bolting pure Blue Oval muscle into your Ford performance car or truck project, nothing beats a crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts.
- Ford Supports UK Manufacturing Initiative
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford’s UK-based apprentices recently supported the launch of the British Government’s new “Make it in Great Britain” initiative, which aims to boost the image of UK manufacturing and to raise awareness of its importance to the economy.
- Ford Argentina's Pacheco Plant Celebrates its 50th Anniversary and Introduces its New Engine Plant
BUENOS AIRES – Ford Argentina’s Pacheco plant celebrated its 50th anniversary and the inauguration of its new engine plant in a special event which included Argentina’s president, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, and top national and provincial authorities. With an investment of U.S. $21 million, the new engine plant will create more than 140 direct and around 100 indirect jobs from different suppliers.
- Ford Customers Give F-150 with Fuel-Saving Technologies High Marks for Quality
DEARBORN– Customers are as happy with the new F-150's V-6 EcoBoost engine as with their favorite V-8, as Ford proves consumers will move in large numbers to smaller engines.
- Advanced EcoBoost Engines Arrive on New Ford Escape, Delivering Best-in-Class Fuel Economy, Great Performance
LOS ANGELES– For the first time, the new Ford Escape will offer two different EcoBoost® engines. This award-winning Ford engine technology, which produces outstanding driving performance and expected fuel economy better than any competitor, is available in a 2.0-liter four-cylinder and for the first time in the U.S., a 1.6-liter four-cylinder.
- Ford’s Mulally Launches Production of High-Tech 1.0-litre EcoBoost Engine
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally today launched volume production of Ford’s smallest petrol engine – a 1.0-litre, turbocharged, direct injection EcoBoost engine that will debut in Europe in early 2012 and ultimately be available worldwide.
- New 1.0-litre EcoBoost Engine To Begin Volume Production In Cologne
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford president and CEO Alan Mulally will be on hand on November 9 to launch volume production of Ford’s newest and smallest EcoBoost engine at a special event at Ford’s newly revamped Cologne Engine Plant.
- India Engine Plant Rolls Out 200,000th Engine
CHENNAI, India — The India engine plant has achieved a new record by rolling out its 200,000th engine within six months of reaching half that number. The plant, which now exports about 45 percent of its engines, produces 13 variants of Ford's petrol and diesel powertrains.
- All-New, Fuel-Efficient 1.0-Litre Ford EcoBoost Engine to Debut in European Focus Range
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford has confirmed the first production applications for its smallest-ever EcoBoost engine at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show. With only 3 cylinders and 1.0 litre of displacement, the new EcoBoost engine will provide fuel-efficient power for three models in the European product range – first the Focus, followed by C-MAX and the all-new Ford B-MAX.