- Ford, University of Michigan Create New Kind of Battery Lab to Speed Development of Future Electrified Vehicles
ANN ARBOR, Mich. - A new $8 million battery lab opened today at the University of Michigan that will help Ford develop batteries that are smaller, lighter and less expensive to produce. The work could accelerate development of battery-powered vehicles that are more efficient and affordable than today’s models and that go farther on a single charge.
- MyFord Mobile Data Show Ford Plug-Ins Use Enough Electric-Only Miles to Circle World Eight Times – Every Day
DEARBORN - Ford plug-in hybrid vehicles rack up enough electric-only miles every day to drive around the earth nearly eight times – a number rapidly increasing as Ford continues investing in infrastructure while exclusive features like MyFord® Mobile help improve driving habits.
- EV Charge Network to Benefit Employees
DEARBORN - @Ford Online had the opportunity to sit down with Mike Tinskey, global director, Vehicle Electrification Infrastructure, and discuss the employee electric vehicle charging network.
- Ford Launches Electric Vehicle Charging Network for Employees; Customers Log 30 Million All-Electric Miles
DEARBORN - More Ford employees soon will be able to drive to work entirely on electricity, thanks to a new workplace charging network being installed at nearly every Ford facility in the U.S. and Canada.
- One-Third of All U.S. Ford Dealers to Be Certified to Sell New EVs by Spring; Ford Delivers January Hybrid Sales Record
DEARBORN –Strong demand for Ford’s three new plug-in vehicles has Ford certifying hundreds more dealers to sell them than expected – including 900 to be certified by spring and make Focus Electric, C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi available in all 50 states for the first time.
- Ford and Energy Department Announce Pledge for Workplace Charging Challenge
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Energy Secretary Steven Chu announced 13 major U.S. employers and eight stakeholder groups have joined the new Workplace Charging Challenge to help expand access to workplace charging stations for American workers across the country. In a speech at the Washington Auto Show, Secretary Chu outlined the new initiative, which aims to expand the availability of workplace charging, increasing the convenience of plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) and providing drivers with more options.
- Ford Hybrid’s EV+ Feature Learns and Automatically Adjusts Powertrain to Deliver More Electric-Only Driving
DEARBORN – Ford is taking the smarts and performance of its electrified vehicle lineup to a whole new level with EV+, a patent-pending feature that actually helps vehicles learn frequent destinations, and delivers to hybrid drivers what they love – more driving time in electric-only mode.
- New Fast Charging Standards for Electric Vehicles
DEARBORN - Ford is pleased to support the SAE International’s success in publishing the standard that will allow for electric vehicle charge times of 15 to 30 minutes, which augments and is compatible with the existing electric vehicle charging standard employed by all automakers in the U.S. This SAE standard is harmonized with the European standards organizations, and is also endorsed by all German automakers.
- Miles Per Gallon Equivalent? How Far Can You Drive on a Gallon of Electrons?
DEARBORN – ¡Hola, Bonjour, Guten Tag, Konnichiwa, Nǐ hǎo. So many ways just to say hello. When we start talking technology, things get even more complicated starting with MPGe or miles per gallon equivalent.
- Ford and Schneider Electric Join Forces to Deliver Pan-European Electric Vehicle Charging Solution
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company and Schneider Electric are joining forces to deliver an electric vehicle charging solution for homes and businesses across Europe.
- Ford Canada Teams Up with Best Buy Canada to Help Ford Focus Electric Owners Get Charged Up
OAKVILLE - Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited is working with consumer electronics leader Best Buy Canada to offer Ford Focus Electric owners a convenient and dependable solution for home charging station installation.
- Ford Launches Documentary Series, Education Push & Electric Car to Help Customers Make Greener Shift
NEW YORK – Ford is “charging” into Earth Day by launching new initiatives that encourage people to take a more sustainable approach in life year-round with a national electrified vehicle education program, multi-city tour, and the debut of a 10-film, short documentary series with SHFT.com, an award-winning sustainability lifestyle platform.
- Ford Launches Focus Electric Online with World’s First Digital Road Trips for Facebook Friends
SAN FRANCISCO – Ford is giving Facebook users the chance to take a road trip in the all-new Focus Electric before the car is available in most markets and without even having to step away from their computers.
- Ford, Yahoo! Launch Focus Electric Online with ‘Plugged In’ – Yahoo!’s First Reality Competition Series
NEW YORK – Ford and Yahoo!, the premier digital media company, today announced a new program to promote the launch of America’s most fuel-efficient five-seat car, the Focus Electric, with “Plugged In,” Yahoo!’s first reality competition series.
- MyFord Mobile: Drive Greener and Challenge Friends to Help the Earth with Ford’s Electric Vehicle Smartphone App
DEARBORN– Ford Motor Company is combining its new Focus Electric, social networking and hypermiling trends with its new MyFord® Mobile app that makes it easier than ever to drive green.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid Deliver Leading Fuel Economy Plus Range, Flexibility
DEARBORN– Ford’s two new hybrid vehicles, the C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, are projected to set a new benchmark for fuel economy and driving range when they go on sale next year.
- Ford's Electrification Strategy Versus the Competition
DEARBORN - By the end of 2012, Ford will deliver five new electrified vehicles in North America. The Transit Connect Electric small commercial van is on sale and Ford recently started taking customer orders for the all-new Focus Electric, with production beginning later this year.
- Ford’s Gas-Free Focus Electric First with 100 MPGe, Faster Charging That Can Double Daily Range
DEARBORN – The all-new, gasoline-free Ford Focus Electric is the company’s first-ever all-electric passenger car – a zero-CO2-emissions version of Ford’s popular small car expected to be the first of its kind to achieve the equivalent of a 100 miles per gallon fuel efficiency rating with seating for five.
- Ford In German Research Consortium Developing Lightweight Body For Electric Vehicles
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford’s European research centre in Aachen is working with VW and 12 other organisations in Germany, including Dow Automotive Systems and the University of Paderborn, to develop a lightweight body for electric vehicles.
- Ford Motor Company and Azure Dynamics Introduce Transit Connect Electric Wagon
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company and Azure Dynamics Corporation (TSX: AZD)(OTC: AZDDF) today announced the newest electrified commercial vehicle product on the market, the Ford Transit Connect Electric Wagon. The Wagon is a logical next step for Azure and Ford which first introduced an electrified Transit Connect in December 2010.
- Ford Opens Reservations for 2012 Focus Electric
SEATTLE – Drivers that want to go completely gasoline-free will be able to configure the all-new 2012 Ford Focus Electric online at Ford.com and place their orders with a Certified Electric Vehicle (EV) dealer.
- Seven Auto Manufacturers Collaborate on Harmonized Electric Vehicle Fast Charging Solution
DEARBORN – Recognizing the importance of a single international approach for DC fast charging, Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, General Motors, Porsche and Volkswagen have agreed on the combined charging system as an international standardized approach to charge electric vehicles (EV) in Europe and the United States.
- Leviton and Ford Receive UL Certification for Focus Electric Home Charging Station
MELVILLE, New York, – Leviton, a leading global manufacturer of electrical devices, and Ford Motor Company today announced the new Ford Electric Vehicle (EV) Home Charging Station has achieved UL certification for UL 2231, UL 2251 and UL 2594. The new Level 2 EV charging device, designed exclusively for Ford, is also compatible with all additional industry safety standards and recommended practices, including SAE J1772™ and NEC 625.
- Wish You Were Charging Here: Ford Names 20 Cool Places to Charge Your Electric Vehicle
DEARBORN – When Ford’s all-new Focus Electric and C-MAX Energi hit the streets, customers will have plenty of options on where to recharge their vehicle. Whether it’s stopping at the zoo, a museum or shopping in a downtown area, vehicle charging stations are popping up in a variety of locations across the country. So where are the cool places to charge? Ford may have found the answer with its list of the “20 Cool Places to Charge in the U.S.”
- Fuel Efficiency Boost: All-New Ford Escape Boasts New EcoBoost Engines; C-MAX Hybrid Mileage 25 Percent Better
DEARBORN – Ford continues to deliver more choices for customers craving top fuel economy, offering its largest-ever EcoBoost® engine lineup in the all-new Ford Escape debuting next month and an all-new C-MAX Hybrid that’s 25 percent more fuel efficient than even today’s Escape Hybrid.
- Q&A on the New Fuel-Efficient Powertrain Lineup for Escape and Future Growth for Ford's Electrified Vehicle Lineup
DEARBORN - Ford announced that the all-new 2013 Ford Escape will debut in Los Angeles. As part of this announcement, Ford shared details on its new fuel-efficient powertrain lineup for Escape. In addition, Ford talked about future growth for its electrified vehicle lineup. As part of that, Ford announced that it will grow its electrified vehicle production capacity when we launch the new C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in vehicle.
- Green Charging Facility Opened By UK Transport Minister
BRENTWOOD, England – UK Transport Minister, Norman Baker MP, has opened a new solar-assisted electric vehicle charging facility at the Centre of Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence (CEME) in Dagenham.
- Ford Electric Vehicles Prove Reliable in Testing
COLOGNE, Germany – Pure electric commercial vehicles are reliable and have wide potential for urban commercial usage, according to interim findings of the colognE-mobil project.
- Ford to Triple Production Capacity of Electrified Vehicles in North America by 2013, Led by C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi
STERLING HEIGHTS, United States – Ford Motor Company announced today it is tripling production capacity of its electrified vehicle lineup through 2013, further boosting volumes of its all-new C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, which begin production next year.
- Location, Location, Location: Ford Identifies Optimal Location for Electric Vehicle Charge Ports
DEARBORN – When owners of the Ford Focus Electric or C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid charge up their cars, they’ll find a natural, instinctive fit. That’s not by chance – it’s by design, and it’s because Ford engineers did their homework in ensuring customers had the perfect place to “fuel” up.