- Thank You Ford Edge
OAKVILLE - Recently we received a letter from a Ford Edge customer thanking the Oakville team for building the vehicle that protected him and his family in a car accident. The customer said that he was very impressed and thankful for the attention to safety built into the vehicles produced here in Oakville.
- Advanced New Focus Leads Ford’s Geneva Line-up; New Mustang, New Edge Concept Make Debuts
GENEVA, Switzerland – Ford Motor Company today delivers European auto show debuts for new vehicles that highlight the progress already achieved in the company’s product-led transformation.
- Ford Edge Concept Makes European Motor Show Debut in Geneva; Previews New Large Upscale SUV for Europe
GENEVA, Switzerland – The all-new Ford Edge Concept today made its European public motor show debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show – giving a strong indication of the technology, design and craftsmanship direction of the company’s new large SUV for Europe.
- Ford Selects Canadian Plant to Build All-New Global Utility Vehicle for Export to More Than 60 Countries
TORONTO – Ford of Canada’s Oakville Assembly plant will build the all-new Ford Edge global utility vehicle, shipping it from Canada to more than 60 countries as demand for utility vehicles grows worldwide.
- Ford Most-Awarded Brand in U.S. News & World Report Best Cars for the Money
DEARBORN - Ford took home the most awards of any domestic automaker and any single brand, owning four categories in U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 Best Cars for the Money.
- Ford Announces SYNC® AppLink™ For The Brazilian Market At Campus Party 2014
SAO PAULO, Brazil -During a press conference in Campus Party, the biggest technology event in Brazil, Ford announced the arrival of SYNC® AppLink™ in Brazil this year. The decision is part of the company´s global strategy to meet the needs of drivers who want to be safely connected in their vehicles.
- Edge Concept in Detail: @Ford Interviews Designer Kevin George
DEARBORN - Last month, the 2013 Los Angeles International Auto Show served as the platform for the debut of the Ford Edge Concept, the company's vision for a sleeker, sportier, more fuel-efficient next-generation global-utility vehicle.
- Ford Edge Concept Previews New Large Upscale SUV for Europe
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford today revealed the all-new Ford Edge Concept to give a strong indication of the technology, design and craftsmanship direction of the company’s new large SUV for Europe.
- Ford Sollers Bolsters SUV Line-up with Russian-built Ford EcoSport and Ford Edge Coming Next Year
MOSCOW Russia – Ford Sollers announced today it is expanding its lineup of Ford sport utility vehicles produced in Russia to meet rising demand.
- Ford Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program Achieves Record 39 Percent Growth; Improves Residuals, Dealer Profits
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company is on pace to set an all-time Certified Pre-Owned vehicle sales record this year. Through August, the company recorded 228,000 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury certified vehicle sales, representing 39 percent growth versus 2012.
- Ford Vehicles Win the Best Cars Award, promoted by Car Magazine
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford had its global vehicles launched in 2012 as a highlight in Best Cars Award, Brazil’s edition, promoted by the Car magazine. Considered one of the most important of the world, it has a lot of prestige by the direct participation of readers and publications of Motorpress group.
- Ford All-Wheel-Drive Retail Sales Up 72 Percent Since 2009, Surpassing Industry Growth Rate
DEARBORN – Ford is capitalizing on the popularity of all-wheel-drive technology, with its AWD sales growing 72 percent since 2009, outpacing the industry growth rate of 53 percent. In 2012, more than 20 percent of the industry’s new car and utility vehicles were sold with AWD systems.
- Ford Launches Powerful, Fuel-efficient Edge 2.0L EcoBoost in China
SHANGHAI, China — While the Edge 3.5L continues to enjoy success in the Chinese market, Ford’s award-winning 2.0L turbocharged EcoBoost engine has officially found itself under the hood of the 2013 Edge in the China market. On July 3, Ford China launched the Edge 2.0L EcoBoost to further expand its product portfolio and further meet its customer needs.
- Canadian Built: Ford Edges and Engines
OAKVILLE/WINDSOR - When the Ford Edge was launched in 2006 – built at Oakville Assembly Complex in Oakville, Ontario – it was a winner from the start, capturing reviews that described it as significant and appealing. Fast forward to the present and after a substantial refresh, add handsome, tech-savvy and fuelefficient to the long list of words that describe the vehicle named Best New Utility Vehicle by the Automotive Journalist Association of Canada last year.
- Brazil Starts Selling the Ford Edge FWD Version
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford starts the year with increased sales of crossover luxury brand, from the expansion of line Edge FWD version 2012, front wheel drive. The new model extends the offer of Edge and already represents 10% of the sales of the line.
- A Vehicle with Character: Edge Wins "Car of the Month" and "2012 Best Car Selection"
BEIJING, China— The Ford Edge has had a flying start to the Year of the Dragon by winning awards from two prestigious magazines.
- Ford offers low interest rate loan on Edge 3.5L models in China
SHANGHAI, China - Ford Edge, the company’s imported SUV in China, is gaining increasing favor among Chinese SUV lovers. To further promote sales of the Edge in the market and offer more flexible financing options to consumers, Ford Motor (China) has announced an attractive financing plan across the full line of 2012 Edge 3.5L models through Ford Automotive Finance (China).
- New Fiesta, Focus and Edge are Elected the Best Cars of Brazil in Internet Voting
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, São Paulo - Four vehicles of Ford had been chosen as champion in the 14ª Election of the Best Cars, promoted by the Best Cars website with about 32 thousand votes of internet users of all Brazil. The New Fiesta conquered two prizes: the Best Medium Size Sedan and also of Best Small Hatch. The Focus was elected the Best Medium Size Hatch and the Edge won as Best SUV. The voting was carried through the period of October to December of 2011, with the participation of the site readers.
- Ford Brazil Ends the Year with Edge 2012 Launch
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford Brazil ended the year with the launch of the Ford Edge 2012, an event which drew about 100 members of the automotive and consumer media, as well as 20 bloggers.
- Ford Edge's "Explore the Most" Makes a Perfect Ending in Chengdu
CHENGDU, China — As a genuine America-made SUV, Ford Edge has become a highly sought-after nameplate in China's competitive SUV market since its launch late last year. After three successful regional test drives with the media in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, Edge landed in Chengdu recently for the last stop of this year's "Discover the Most" programme.
- Ford Edge made a splash in Guangzhou
GUANGZHOU, China — Ford's imported SUV Edge made a splash in Guangzhou during a recent two-day test drive, as journalists traversed the hub in Southern China as part of the "Discover the Most" programme to explore local landmarks and recall lost memories.
- Ford Edge Brings a Modern Touch to Discovering Shanghai
SHANGHAI, China – From the time-honoured St. Ignatius Cathedral in Xu Jia Hui to the spectacular First Bridge over the estuary of the Yangtze River, people have differing views on “which place most defines Shanghai”. For 30 Chinese journalists, finding their own unique spot in the fashionable and modern city was made all that much easier behind the wheel of a Ford Edge.
- Ford Edge Wins Annual Engineering Award
BEIJING, China — The Ford Edge has capped off a stunningly successful year in China by winning this year's best engineering design award among imported vehicles from Sina.com, one of the country's leading Internet portals.
- Ford Vietnam Celebrates 1,000th All-New Fiesta Customer
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam — Ford Vietnam recently celebrated the 1,000th sale of the All-New Fiesta just five months after it hit dealer showrooms, marking yet another milestone for the globally popular small car.
- Ford Edge Brings Ultimate City Tour to Customers
BEIJING, China — Ford China kicked off the “Ford Edge – Ultimate City Discovery" programme in Beijing this week, with the goal of bringing customers together with the Ford Edge to discover the greatest things on offer in cities across the country.
- 2012 Ford Explorer and 2012 Ford Edge Ecoboost Drive Reviews
DEARBORN - Ford recently provided media the opportunity to drive the 2012 Ford Explorer and 2012 Ford Edge Ecoboost, here is what they had to say.
- Ford Bolsters EcoBoost Commitment for 2012 with Fuel-Efficient Edge, Explorer Utilities, Broadens Focus Lineup
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company is expanding its range of vehicles with the award-winning EcoBoost® engine, offering the fuel-efficient powertrain in the 2012 Ford Edge and Explorer that are arriving in dealerships now.