- Ford in the Press – Week ending 11.07.14
New Ford Edge and the new Focus ST are big news makers for Ford this week.
- Ford Reveals Smart and Spacious All-New Edge; Ford’s Most Advanced SUV to Launch Across Europe in 2015
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company today revealed the all-new Ford Edge, a high tech, upscale utility vehicle that will go on sale across Europe for the first time in 2015.
- Ford Celebrates 95 Years in Brazil with the Biggest Renovation in its History
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil - Ford Brazil celebrates today its 95th anniversary. The company reaches this milestone with a portfolio of global products, the biggest vehicle renovation in its history and the introduction of new technologies that improves the efficiency and car safety in different segments of the market (cars, pick-ups and light, medium and heavy trucks).
- Thank You Ford Edge
OAKVILLE - Recently we received a letter from a Ford Edge customer thanking the Oakville team for building the vehicle that protected him and his family in a car accident. The customer said that he was very impressed and thankful for the attention to safety built into the vehicles produced here in Oakville.
- Advanced New Focus Leads Ford’s Geneva Line-up; New Mustang, New Edge Concept Make Debuts
GENEVA, Switzerland – Ford Motor Company today delivers European auto show debuts for new vehicles that highlight the progress already achieved in the company’s product-led transformation.
- Ford Edge Concept Makes European Motor Show Debut in Geneva; Previews New Large Upscale SUV for Europe
GENEVA, Switzerland – The all-new Ford Edge Concept today made its European public motor show debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show – giving a strong indication of the technology, design and craftsmanship direction of the company’s new large SUV for Europe.
- Ford Selects Canadian Plant to Build All-New Global Utility Vehicle for Export to More Than 60 Countries
TORONTO – Ford of Canada’s Oakville Assembly plant will build the all-new Ford Edge global utility vehicle, shipping it from Canada to more than 60 countries as demand for utility vehicles grows worldwide.
- Ford Most-Awarded Brand in U.S. News & World Report Best Cars for the Money
DEARBORN - Ford took home the most awards of any domestic automaker and any single brand, owning four categories in U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 Best Cars for the Money.
- Ford Announces SYNC® AppLink™ For The Brazilian Market At Campus Party 2014
SAO PAULO, Brazil -During a press conference in Campus Party, the biggest technology event in Brazil, Ford announced the arrival of SYNC® AppLink™ in Brazil this year. The decision is part of the company´s global strategy to meet the needs of drivers who want to be safely connected in their vehicles.
- Edge Concept in Detail: @Ford Interviews Designer Kevin George
DEARBORN - Last month, the 2013 Los Angeles International Auto Show served as the platform for the debut of the Ford Edge Concept, the company's vision for a sleeker, sportier, more fuel-efficient next-generation global-utility vehicle.
- Ford Edge Concept Previews New Large Upscale SUV for Europe
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford today revealed the all-new Ford Edge Concept to give a strong indication of the technology, design and craftsmanship direction of the company’s new large SUV for Europe.
- Ford Sollers Bolsters SUV Line-up with Russian-built Ford EcoSport and Ford Edge Coming Next Year
MOSCOW Russia – Ford Sollers announced today it is expanding its lineup of Ford sport utility vehicles produced in Russia to meet rising demand.
- Ford Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program Achieves Record 39 Percent Growth; Improves Residuals, Dealer Profits
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company is on pace to set an all-time Certified Pre-Owned vehicle sales record this year. Through August, the company recorded 228,000 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury certified vehicle sales, representing 39 percent growth versus 2012.
- Ford Vehicles Win the Best Cars Award, promoted by Car Magazine
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford had its global vehicles launched in 2012 as a highlight in Best Cars Award, Brazil’s edition, promoted by the Car magazine. Considered one of the most important of the world, it has a lot of prestige by the direct participation of readers and publications of Motorpress group.
- Ford All-Wheel-Drive Retail Sales Up 72 Percent Since 2009, Surpassing Industry Growth Rate
DEARBORN – Ford is capitalizing on the popularity of all-wheel-drive technology, with its AWD sales growing 72 percent since 2009, outpacing the industry growth rate of 53 percent. In 2012, more than 20 percent of the industry’s new car and utility vehicles were sold with AWD systems.
- Ford Launches Powerful, Fuel-efficient Edge 2.0L EcoBoost in China
SHANGHAI, China — While the Edge 3.5L continues to enjoy success in the Chinese market, Ford’s award-winning 2.0L turbocharged EcoBoost engine has officially found itself under the hood of the 2013 Edge in the China market. On July 3, Ford China launched the Edge 2.0L EcoBoost to further expand its product portfolio and further meet its customer needs.
- Canadian Built: Ford Edges and Engines
OAKVILLE/WINDSOR - When the Ford Edge was launched in 2006 – built at Oakville Assembly Complex in Oakville, Ontario – it was a winner from the start, capturing reviews that described it as significant and appealing. Fast forward to the present and after a substantial refresh, add handsome, tech-savvy and fuelefficient to the long list of words that describe the vehicle named Best New Utility Vehicle by the Automotive Journalist Association of Canada last year.
- Brazil Starts Selling the Ford Edge FWD Version
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, Brazil - Ford starts the year with increased sales of crossover luxury brand, from the expansion of line Edge FWD version 2012, front wheel drive. The new model extends the offer of Edge and already represents 10% of the sales of the line.
- A Vehicle with Character: Edge Wins "Car of the Month" and "2012 Best Car Selection"
BEIJING, China— The Ford Edge has had a flying start to the Year of the Dragon by winning awards from two prestigious magazines.
- Ford offers low interest rate loan on Edge 3.5L models in China
SHANGHAI, China - Ford Edge, the company’s imported SUV in China, is gaining increasing favor among Chinese SUV lovers. To further promote sales of the Edge in the market and offer more flexible financing options to consumers, Ford Motor (China) has announced an attractive financing plan across the full line of 2012 Edge 3.5L models through Ford Automotive Finance (China).
- New Fiesta, Focus and Edge are Elected the Best Cars of Brazil in Internet Voting
SÃO BERNARDO DO CAMPO, São Paulo - Four vehicles of Ford had been chosen as champion in the 14ª Election of the Best Cars, promoted by the Best Cars website with about 32 thousand votes of internet users of all Brazil. The New Fiesta conquered two prizes: the Best Medium Size Sedan and also of Best Small Hatch. The Focus was elected the Best Medium Size Hatch and the Edge won as Best SUV. The voting was carried through the period of October to December of 2011, with the participation of the site readers.