- Ford Opens New Engine Plant in Brazil to Produce the Advanced 1.0 3-Cylinder TiVCT Flex Fuel Engine
SALVADOR, Brazil – Ford opened today its new Camaçari Engine Plant to produce the 1.0 3-Cylinder TiVCT Flex Fuel engine, an entirely new family of 3 cylinder engines with advanced technology for the compact car segment.
- One in Three Europeans Would Spend More for a Green Car Despite Weak Economy, Ford-Sponsored Survey Shows
COLOGNE, Germany – More than one in three Europeans would spend more to buy an environmentally friendly car even though 71 per cent say they have reduced overall spending as a result of the economic recession, a Ford Motor Company-sponsored poll shows.
- Ford Fiesta Van Wins Green Award
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford’s Fiesta Van ECOnetic is the winner of the Green Van category at this year’s British Insurance Vehicle Security Awards (BISVA), run by Thatcham. The Ford Fiesta Van has been awarded the top spot in the category for three years running.
- Ford Fiesta ECOnetic Technology Conquers Fuel-Efficiency Marathon with Winning Figure of 2.6 l/100 km
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford’s Fiesta ECOnetic Technology has sealed victory at a respected real-world fuel-efficiency challenge in the UK, recording an average of 2.6 l/100 km during the Fleet World MPG Marathon.
- Frugal Fiesta Wins Fuel Marathon with 108.78 mpg
BRENTWOOD, England – The Fiesta ECOnetic 1.6 TDCi has won the 2012 ALD Automotive/Shell FuelSave MPG Marathon, clocking up 108.78 mpg over a 370-mile route involving tough, real-world driving in challenging weather conditions.
- Ford to Introduce 15 New Best-in-Class Fuel Efficient Vehicles this Year
Aachen, Germany - Ford is leveraging its range of efficient EcoBoost petrol engines, TDCi diesel engines and low CO2 ECOnetic Technologies to introduce 15 new models in Europe in 2012 that are best-in-class for fuel efficiency.
- Norwegians Set European Fuel Economy Record In A Mondeo
KOTBOTN, Norway – Two Norwegians have set a European fuel economy record by driving a 1.6 Mondeo ECOnetic Technology TDCi model between two Scandinavian capitals, Helsink, in Finland and Oslo in Norway.
- Fiesta ECOnetic Is Ford’s Most Frugal Car
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford of Europe has begun production of the new Fiesta ECOnetic Technology, its most fuel-efficient car ever.
- Ford Teaches Eco-Driving Skills
COLOGNE, Germany – Journalists from around Europe have been putting Ford’s ECOnetic Technologies to the test in Germany’s Eifel region, near Cologne.
- Transit Wins Top Award
BRENTWOOD, England – The Transit has been voted UK best medium van 2012 by What Van?. The Fiesta Van, the Transit One Stop Shop programme and Ford’s ECOnetic technologies were highly commended by the magazine’s jury.
- Ford Power For UK National Grid Fleet
BRENTWOOD, England – Britain’s National Grid has taken delivery of 80 Fiesta Edge ECOnetic models.
The frugal Fiestas, which deliver a combined fuel economy of 78.5 mpg and just 95g/km of CO2, will be driven by the 2011 recruits to the National Grid’s engineering training programmes, which combine academic study with on- and off-the-job instruction.