- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Mario Brandini Leads the Way with Inclusive Leadership Approach
2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award winner Mario Brandini has demonstrated his personal commitment to global One Ford leadership.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Fuel Systems Training Program Team Promotes Cultural Awareness
Congratulations to the Fuel Systems Training Program (FSTP) Team, a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Winner in the Leveraging a Diverse Workforce category.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: HR Learning and Development Team Implements People with Disabilities Program in South Africa
The HR Learning and Development team is being recognized as a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award winner for their efforts in leveraging a Diverse Workforce. The HR Learning and Development team was given the challenge to find and recruit people living with disabilities to be employed in a manufacturing environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Purchasing FCG Events and Communications Team Promotes Inclusiveness at Ford
Congratulations to the 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award winners “Purchasing Ford College Graduate E&C Team” for Leveraging a Diverse Workforce.
- Hispanic Heritage Month: A Celebration of Rich Culture at Ford
The contributions, culture and heritage of Hispanic Americans was celebrated at the Hispanic Heritage Celebration event recently held at Ford World Headquarters and sponsored by The Ford Hispanic Network (FHN). FHN, led by Ziad Ojakli, Ford vice president, Government and Community Relations, represents all aspects of Hispanic heritage and drives efforts to enhance community engagement and retention of Hispanics in our work force, as well as career and professional development.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford GRIP Team Strengthens External Partnerships
Since 2012, members of the West Market Area, Los Angeles Regional Team, Ford Credit Team, West Coast Design Studio, Ford Technical Training center, along with vendors and local Ford dealers, have come together as One Ford to support the Orange County Gang Reduction Intervention Partnership (GRIP) in 12 elementary and middle schools across Orange County, California.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Peter Davies Fosters a Respectful and Inclusive Environment
Peter Davies was a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion winner in the Fostering a Respectful and Inclusive Environment category. Davies demonstrated working together behaviors by building a collaborative environment that inspires and involves employees and leverages perspectives inside and outside of the team. He also encouraged respect, open communications and recognition of unique talents and perspectives needed to achieve One Ford.
- Global Diversity and Inclusion Collaboration at Ford: New Chief Diversity Officer Appointed
At Ford Motor Company, diversity and inclusion are rooted in our history. Ford has been dedicated to cultivating an environment that respects the individual strengths, views and experiences of our employees. To continue accelerating our diversity strategy and promote increased global engagement among our employees and partners, Ford has appointed a dedicated chief diversity officer, Meeta Huggins.
- Diversity and Inclusion Award: Emily’s Transit Connection Team Goes Further for Ford College Graduate
Napoleon Hill said, “You can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” The 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award-winning Emily’s Transit Connection team highlighted exactly that and how it could foster a respectful and inclusive environment to help one of their co-workers succeed. The team went above and beyond the call of duty to assist their co-worker Emily, who is paralyzed and uses a wheelchair.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: FAIA Brand Promotion Team Strengthens External Partnerships
Aristotle once said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” The Ford Asian Indian Association (FAIA) Employee Resource Group has made a habit of routinely “Going Further” in promoting the Ford and Lincoln brands in the community. FAIA is one of 11 organizations within the Ford Employee Resource Group.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: New Model Diversity Committee Fosters Respectful and Inclusive Environment
Congratulations to the New Models Diversity Committee – winners of a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award for Fostering a Respectful and Inclusive Environment. The Joint Equality Diversity team at the New Models Program Development Center (NMPDC) was formed to expand knowledge of the importance of diversity and inclusion at the facility.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford Chinese Association and Asia Pacific Product Development Recognized for Knowledge-Sharing Program
With in-depth experience in product development (PD) and IT, many Ford Chinese Association (FCA) members in North America have the knowledge and passion to support the AP people development. In December 2013, FCA and AP PD Learning and Development team joined forces and successfully rolled out the Knowledge-Sharing program. As a result of their hard work, the team won the 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award in the “Leading the Way” category.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford Russia Launch Team
The Ford Russia Launch Team is a diverse team formed with the primary objective of the development of the engine calibration for the EcoSport 2.0-liter AWD for the Russian market.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford Customer Service Feeling Valued as a Team
The Ford Customer Service Feeling Valued team was recognized with a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award in Fostering a Respectful and Inclusive Environment.
- Diversity & Inclusion Winner: UAW-Ford National Programs Joint Diversity Committee Fosters Respectful and Inclusive Environment
The UAW-Ford National Programs Joint Diversity Committee is being recognized with a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award for Fostering a Respectful and Inclusive Environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Sarah Haslam Strengthens External Partnerships
Ford Motor Company’s future success is dependent upon innovating technologies that not only meet, but exceed, customer demand. And exceeding those expectations will only happen with the right talent.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford Digital Worker Team
Have you ever felt overwhelmed trying to find the help you need with a computer issue or various productivity tools? The Digital Worker team is being recognized with a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion award for their efforts in making Ford employees effective and flexible digital workers.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Team Elabuga Supports Diverse Work Force
Ford Motor Company recognizes it is smart business to have a diverse work force - one in which many views are represented and everyone’s talents are valued. Human Resource Team Elabuga was recognized for their efforts to capitalize on that opportunity, and, as a result, was a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award winner in the area of Leveraging a Diverse Work Force.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Ford Spain’s Plan Adapta Puts Disabled Customers in Drivers Seat
Henry Ford said, “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” What Ford Spain is doing is making a “difference” in a big way. They are a 2014 Diversity Inclusion Award winner in the category of Strengthening External Partnerships. Their employees have built a strong and long-lasting relationship with the National Organization for Blind Spaniards (ONCE - Organización Nacional de los Ciegos Españoles) which supports the Spanish National Blind Organization. ONCE is one of the most important and influential non-governmental organizations (NGO) in Spain.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: George George Leads the Way with Continuous Improvement at Ford
George George lives and breathes the One Ford behavior – and, as a result, earned a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion Award in Leading the Way.
- Women Come Together as One Team as Ford Celebrates International Women’s Day
Every year on March 8, International Women’s Day is celebrated to recognize the economic, political and social achievements of women around the globe. At Ford Motor Company, a special event uniting women at Ford facilities worldwide was held at World Headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Solaris Server Operations Team Promotes Work-Life Flexibility
When it comes to promoting work-life flexibility, the Solaris Server Operations team was increasingly aware of the importance of promoting a healthy work-life balance for their employees. Under the direction of Bharat Kharadia, the team was successful in implementing new flexible work-life integration while working within existing HR policies.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: MAP Pink Vest Team Raises Money for a Good Cause
Ford teams and individuals from around the globe are being recognized with a 2014 Global Diversity and Inclusion Award for demonstrating the Go Further spirit to bring diversity, inclusion and the One Ford commitment to life at Ford Motor Company. @Ford Online will highlight the award recipients throughout the year.
- Diversity and Inclusion Winner: Donna Inch Champions Women’s Initiatives at Ford
It is said the greatest reflection of your priorities is your time, and Donna Inch has certainly committed a great deal of time and made a significant contribution in fostering excellence, working together inclusively and role modeling Ford values. Inch is a 2014 Diversity and Inclusion winner in the Leading the Way category.
- Louisville Ford-Employees African Ancestry Network Bowls for Kids’ Sake
LOUISVILLE - The Ford-Employees African Ancestry Network (FAAN) is the first and oldest of Ford’s Employee Resource Groups (ERG). In Kentucky, over 20 active members from both Kentucky Truck Plant (KTP) and Louisville Assembly Plant (LAP) make up the Louisville FAAN chapter.
- 2013 Global Diversity and Inclusion Awards Recognizes the One Ford Team Spirit
DEARBORN - At Ford Motor Company, successful diversity and inclusion efforts do not go unrecognized. Winners of the 2013 Global Diversity and Inclusion Awards were recently named and are being applauded for their ability to Go Further to bring diversity, inclusion and the One Ford commitment to life.
- Ford Motor Company Honored with Two Awards from Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council
DETROIT - Ford Motor Company has been named Corporation of the Year by the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council (MMSDC). Ford was honored for its excellence and commitment to working with and helping to develop and mentor minority business enterprises. This is the fourth year in a row Ford has been honored as Corporation of the Year.
- Ford Celebrates Big Hispanic Heritage Month
DEARBORN - The company has joined PBS to support their landmark three-part, six-hour documentary series LATINO AMERICANS as a major corporate funder. Ford’s underwriting of this program, the first major documentary series for television to chronicle the rich history and experiences of Latinos in the United States will feature Ford’s Spanish-language campaign, ‘Si todo fuera como un Ford’ (If Everything Was Like a Ford) launched Earlier in 2013.
- Ford Recognized as Top Diversity Employer by Black EOE Journal
DEARBORN - Ford was recognized today by the Black EOE Journal as one of the nation’s Top Diversity Employers and as having one of the Top Supplier Diversity Programs.