- Building Strong Supplier Relationships
COLOGNE, Germany - CEOs from more than 90 of Ford’s top suppliers have attended a special meeting at the Design Centre in Cologne, Merkenich, where Jim Farley, Executive Vice President and President of Europe, Middle East and Africa gave an update on the current business situation in Europe.
- Ford Designers Showcase at Salone del Mobile a Guitar, Sail Boat, and Table Football Inspired by Ford GT Supercar
Ford’s team of global designers today showcased their innovation and creativity, unveiling a sail boat, guitar and table football at the Salone del Mobile design show, in Milan, Italy.
- Ford Pushes Interior Design Forward Testing Innovative Research Tools
Ford is working with new research and measurement methods and high-tech tools to collect emotional and logical customer insights and learn more about how people visually discover new cars and trucks.
- Ford Puts Car Seats on the Catwalk, Designers Recycle Auto Parts to Create Couture Collection
Car seat covers used in new Ford cars have received a glamorous new lease of life after being recycled for a unique fashion collection.
- Ford to Exhibit Domestic, International Attractions and Technology at its Best Stand Ever at the São Paulo Auto Show
SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL - On October 28, Ford Brazil promoted its press conference at the 2014 São Paulo Auto Show, reinforcing the “Global Lineup with Purposeful Technology” concept through the products introduced in country. At the press conference, which gathered around 600 journalists and bloggers from Latin America and Europe, Steven Armstrong, president Ford South America, highlighted the recently-launched New Ka in the 1.5-liter hatch and 1.0-liter sedan models and announced the 2015 Fusion with unprecedented rear inflatable seatbelts. The event will be open for the public from October 30 to November 9.
- Go Further Webcast – Ford’s Global Design Language
GENEVA - Moray Callum, vice president, Design, Ford Motor Company, and Martin Smith, executive director, Design, Europe, give a fascinating insight into the design of the new Focus and all-new Mustang in the latest Go Further Webcast now showing on @Ford Online.
- The Language of Tape: Ford Designers and Modelers Use Tape to Communicate Throughout the Development Process
DEARBORN - Tape is not just for wrapping presents. Ford designers rely on low-tech tape to hone the styling of any new vehicle.
- Ford and Rent the Runway Join Forces to Bring a Fusion of Style and Accessibility
DETROIT - Ford and Rent the Runway are joining forces to make great style accessible on and off the road to fashion fans across the country. Through the Test-Drive Style campaign, Ford and the premier destination for designer fashion and accessory rentals will give consumers an opportunity to test out their must-have designer looks, along with a chance to win their very own stylish new drive – the Ford Fusion.
- J Mays Discusses Design with NYC Builders
NEW YORK - Ford Group Vice President of Design J Mays participated recently in a panel discussion with New York-based architects and innovators to talk about the parallels between architecture and design – specifically New York City buildings and Ford F-Series Trucks.
- Trucks and Buildings Must Be Built Tough; Ford and AIA New York Talk About What It Takes to Make Something Last
NEW YORK - Trucks and urban buildings are designed to stand the test of time, with surfaces and features that define purpose and capability. Both have evolved to meet the demands of a changing world.