- Employee Donations for Philippines Disaster
MANILA, Philippines — Thanks to generosity of the more than 900 Ford employees, family members and friends and the matching funds from the Ford Fund, the total amount that will be given to support disaster relief and recovery in the Philippines will be more than $500,000.
- Operation Good Cheer – Santa’s Helpers Needed
DEARBORN - Operation Good Cheer began 42 years ago when a group of Ford Motor Company employees in Dearborn donated gifts for 66 children in Michigan foster care facilities. Since then the program has grown to include thousands of children, and this year you can help us make more holiday dreams come true.
- Ford Shanghai-Based Employees Share Their Baking Love
SHANGHAI, China –Tiantian, 25, comes to the Shanghai Enrichment Community Center from Monday to Friday to learn calligraphy, handcrafts, drawing and baking. Although she suffers from a mental disability, just like everyone she needs friends, love and encouragement.
- Changan Ford Senior R&D Manager Nancy Smith Honored with 2012 Chongqing Friendship Award
CHONGQING, China — Nancy Smith, senior R&D manager at Changan Ford Automotive (CAF) Technology Development Center, has recently become the first international employee of the company to receive the “2012 Chongqing Friendship Award”, the top honor granted to an expatriate expert by the Chongqing government.
- Ford Motor Company Launches New Program to Support Detroit Neighborhoods with $10 Million Investment
DETROIT – Ford Motor Company and its community relations arm, Ford Motor Company Fund (Ford Fund), today announced the launch of a major program in Detroit to strengthen neighborhoods and provide support for education, summer jobs programs and other community needs.
- Ford Motor Company, Its Employees and Dealers Donate More Than $1.2 Million to Kentucky Non-Profits in 2012
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Ford today announced that the company, its employees and dealers are donating more than $1.2 million to nonprofits in the Louisville and Lexington areas this year.
- Ford Global Week of Caring Draws 10,000 Employees for Ford Volunteer Corps Blitz in 20 Countries Worldwide
DEARBORN - An army of 10,000 Ford employees, retirees and dealers have set their sights on more than 200 community projects on six continents for the seventh annual Ford Global Week of Caring.
- Ford Launches Drive 4 UR Community Program to Raise Funding for Local Nonprofit Organizations
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company and its dealers have launched a new program called Drive 4 UR Community, which is designed to help raise much needed funding for local community groups and nonprofit organizations.
- Ford Offers Free Mammograms in Puerto Rico, Continues Support of Komen for the Cure
SAN JUAN, P.R. – Ford Motor Company is providing free mammograms to women in Puerto Rico. Breast cancer is the most diagnosed type of cancer and leading cause of cancer death among Puerto Rican women.
- Ford Partners with Feeding America to Make Experiencing the All-New Escape a Charitable Endeavor
DEARBORN - Participants in the 2013 Ford Escape Hunger Drive will get to feed people facing hunger this summer, while also getting a chance to experience Ford’s all-new small utility vehicle that is loaded with smart technologies.
- Ford Celebrates Pi Day with Detroit-Area Students
DEARBORN/DETROIT - Have you ever sat in a high school math class wondering how you’d ever use those complex theories and equations in later life?
- Nanchang Cares4Kids Visits School for Deaf Children
NANCHANG, China — For two consecutive weekends, Nanchang Cares4Kids, a volunteer group founded by Nanchang-based international Ford families, visited Nanchang's School for Deaf Children, bringing stationery and necessities, while spending some rewarding time with the young students aged 3-10 years.
- Ford and Habitat for Humanity – Partners in Rebuilding Communities
DEARBORN - A Habitat for Humanity worksite is the very definition of progress. Volunteers gather, trucks roll in and out, and before you know it a once vacant lot becomes a family home. It's a remarkable scene of skill and cooperation, hard work and heart. The sounds of hammers, drills and saws fill the air and another step is taken to revitalize a community.
- E&G’s Grupo Viamar Dealership Receives 2012 Salute to Dealer Award
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - Ford is recognizing its dealers who go above and beyond when it comes to giving back to their communities, and for the first time in the history of the program, has selected an Export and Growth dealer as a Salute to Dealer award recipient.
- Ford’s Global Driving Skills for Life Program to Train More New Drivers in U.S., Asia This Year; 500,000 Trained to Date
DEARBORN – Ford kicks off another year of helping new drivers around the world improve their motoring skills through the Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) program.
- Learning Can Happen in Many Ways and Many Places
DEARBORN - Education is a top priority at Ford Motor Company Fund. From Ford Next Generation Learning to Ford Blue Oval Scholars and the Ford College Community Challenge Grant program, Ford invests millions of dollars in traditional classroom instruction and innovative real-life training to help young people succeed in the career of their choice.
- Canadian Dealers Help Raise More than $1 Million for Local Communities
OAKVILLE - In every community there are people who go the extra mile because they care – everyone from the local grocer, teachers, the family dentist and the local Ford dealer.
- Ford Driving Skills for Life Gears Up for 2012 Tour
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company knows there is nothing more important than saving lives. Ford has invested heavily in developing innovative safety technology and today the company produces some of the safest vehicles in the world. Still, Ford continues to do more.
- South African Children Enjoy Gifts From E&G Employees
PRETORIA, South Africa - Calling it “a great start to the festive season,” Miriam Nikosi, one of the house mothers at a South African orphanage, said the children in their care are grateful for everything Ford has done for them.
- Ford's Extensive JDRF Fundraising Efforts in Michigan Supports Research, Awareness
DEARBORN - Each year, Ford Motor Company partners with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) to raise money and awareness toward finding a cure for Type 1 diabetes and its complications. Ford is the largest global partner of JDRF and in 1998, established the employee-driven Ford Global Walk Team, with Edsel B. Ford II as the corporate team chair.
- Ford Fund's Philanthropic Efforts Distinguish Ford Employees, the Company in Communities Around the U.S.
DEARBORN - Ford President of the Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services Jim Vella recently sat down with Ford President of the Americas Mark Fields for a conversation on Ford’s philanthropic efforts on The Americas Webcast. Below is an excerpt from that discussion.
- Sharonville Shirt Shop Helps Charities, Fosters Ford Pride
SHARONVILLE - During the 1980s, inside a broom closet at Ford Sharonville, the Sharonville Shirt Shop was born. And what began as a few clothing items in a small space has become a huge success at this Ohio plant.
- Ford Volunteers Drive Hunger Relief Effort
DEARBORN - The holidays lights are beautiful, the meals are delicious and the gift giving is a lot of fun, but they are among the furthest things from your mind if you are hungry, cold and alone.
- Passionate Ford Employees Showcase Their Classic Cars for Charity
GEELONG, Australia — For Ford's passionate employees, it was the chance to show off some of the most classic and iconic vehicles ever released.
- Spreading Good Cheer throughout Michigan
DEARBORN - As the holiday season continues to spread, and children around the world are sending their letters to Santa in the hopes of receiving the items that top their wish lists – such as bikes, an Xbox 360 Kinect or the latest Rick Riordan novel, Son of Neptune – Ford is helping to make some of those wishes come true.
- Employees Make the Holidays Bright for Many
Here is a collection of articles from many of our U.S. manufacturing locations that tell the story of a giving workforce. Not only do our employees give of their money, but they give of their time and resources to ensure those less fortunate have a happy holiday.
- Ford Hungary Is Santa’s Helper
BUDAPEST, Hungary – Ford Hungary has found a novel and seasonal way to promote the S-MAX.
- Ford Brazil's Odontomóvel Reaches 40,000 Visits to Truck Drivers in Brazil
SAO BERNARDO DE CAMPO, Brazil - The Sorrindo com a Ford Project, also known as Ford Odontomóvel, celebrated this month the important milestone of 40,000 visits to truck drivers. The Odontomóvel is a mobile dental office that travels around Brazil providing free dental care to truck drivers and the community
- Buddhist Monk, Students, ‘Monkey’ and ‘Rabbit’ Conserving China’s Environment
SHANGHAI, China — A Buddhist monk living near picturesque Juewu Mountain, students from a business university, an anti-smoking campaigner, and an animated monkey and rabbit may not seem like a natural match, but they are all fighting for the same cause: long-term environmental conservation across China.
- Global Business Services Show Support for Quality Education
CHENNAI, India – For many children in the poorest villages across Tamil Nadu, the chances of gaining an education are still fraught with hardships. For some, at least, that hope has become brighter thanks to the generosity of the Eureka Child's SuperKidz programme.