- Enhanced Ford SYNC AppLink Launching with Mustang Gives Drivers Control of New Mobile App Features
LAS VEGAS – When the all-new Ford Mustang goes on sale later this year, the next-generation SYNC® AppLink™ system will give drivers easier access to new features from many of their favorite mobile apps while on the go. The new Mustang will be the first model in North America to feature the simpler menus, enhanced voice control and other new capabilities of Ford SYNC AppLink.
- Parkopedia Launches In-Car, Voice-Activated Parking Spot Discovery App for Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Parkopedia®, the leading parking information provider with more than 28 million parking spots listed, announces an app compatible with the Ford SYNC® AppLink™ in-car connectivity system. Using the AppLink interface, drivers will be able to locate available nearby parking spots and get pricing information through simple voice commands, eliminating the need to touch their mobile phone while driving.
- ADT Pulse Customers to Access Home and Business Security Systems Using Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Leading security provider ADT® today announces its Pulse app will be compatible with the Ford SYNC® in-car connectivity system. Using the SYNC AppLink™ interface, drivers will be able to arm and disarm their security system, make sure doors and windows are closed, and take other steps to ensure the security of their property using simple voice commands.
- Domino’s Pizza, Ford Unveil Latest Ordering App Innovation Using SYNC AppLink System
LAS VEGAS – Domino’s Pizza® and Ford Motor Company not only share the same backyard in the Detroit area, but also a belief in the importance of innovation.
- Gracenote Powers First-Ever Voice-Activated, Mood-Based Music Listening for Ford SYNC AppLink Users
LAS VEGAS – Using the Ford SYNC® AppLink™ API, Gracenote developers are providing drivers a unique way to rock out to music to match their mood – using simple voice commands with the HABU Music App. The latest HABU Music App software update will be available later this month.
- Industry-First Ford App Developer Conference to Drive Connectivity Innovation
LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company is extending its in-vehicle connectivity leadership by hosting an industry-first developer conference this June focused on bringing innovative mobile apps into the car through Ford SYNC AppLink.
- All-New Ford Mustang Is Named ‘Official Car’ of 2014 International CES; New Technology to Be Announced at Show
DEARBORN - The most technologically advanced version of Ford’s iconic pony car will take center stage at the 2014 International CES as the all-new Mustang is recognized as "Official Car" of the world’s largest hands-on showcase of emerging innovation. 2014 International CES will be held Jan. 7-10, 2014, in Las Vegas; the show is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association.
- Ford OpenXC Platform Is Now Open for Vehicle Data, Customizable Hardware and Open-Source Research
LAS VEGAS – On the heels of launching its first software developer program, Ford is now turning its attention to the growing trend in hardware hacking by transforming vehicles into an experimental development environment. The OpenXC research platform from Ford is now out of beta and available to all “makers” and do-it-yourselfers at http://openxcplatform.com.
- Greater Media Launches 16 Ford SYNC AppLink-Enabled Regional Terrestrial Radio Station Apps
LAS VEGAS – Greater Media is bringing 16 of its top terrestrial radio stations to the mobile Web and Ford vehicles with the help of SYNC® AppLink™. Drivers can listen to their favorite radio stations from places like Boston, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Detroit and New Jersey wherever they are driving – all without touching their smartphone.
- Ford Launches App Developer Program Marking New Course for Customer-Driven Innovation and Value Creation
LAS VEGAS – Providing developers the information and tools needed for the creation of relevant, voice-activated experiences inside the car, Ford Motor Company announces the launch of the Ford Developer Program (http://developer.ford.com) at the 2013 International CES.
- USA TODAY App Launches for Ford SYNC AppLink Providing Drivers with On-Demand News, Sports and Weather
LAS VEGAS – News junkies can get their fix in the car with voice activation now available via Ford SYNC® AppLink™ integration.
- Glympse Launches First In-Car, Voice-Activated Location-Sharing App for Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Glympse Inc., the mobile technology company that pioneered temporary real-time location sharing, today announces the first location-sharing app for Ford Motor Company’s SYNC® in-car connectivity system. Using the AppLink™ interface, drivers will be able to share their location with friends and family directly from their car using simple voice commands, eliminating the need to touch their mobile phone while driving.
- Aha by Harman Added to Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Aha by HARMAN™ and Ford today announce Ford will offer Aha to drivers via its SYNC® AppLink™ system. Aha’s free service offers more than 30,000 audio stations that Ford SYNC users can tune in to while driving by using simple voice commands.
- BeCouply Launches for Ford SYNC AppLink Providing Drivers with Date Suggestions While on the Go
LAS VEGAS – Couples looking to escape another mundane date night driving circles around town can find help with a new app that will make it easy to have an exciting social life.
- Ford First with Kaliki App In-Car Integration for Audio Playback of Major Newspapers and Magazines
LAS VEGAS – Thanks to Kaliki Audio Newsstand and Ford SYNC® AppLink™, commuting time can now be put to better use by consuming some of the compelling newspaper and magazine content that we want to get to, but just never seem to find the time to read.
- Rhapsody Hits the Road with Ford SYNC AppLink
LAS VEGAS – Rhapsody and Ford today announce at International CES that the leading premium on-demand music service is now available in Ford and Lincoln vehicles with SYNC® AppLink™. Rhapsody listeners with SYNC-enabled cars and trucks can use voice commands and radio buttons on the steering wheel to control the Rhapsody app on their smartphones, making it safe and easy to rock out on the road.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrids Outsell Toyota Prius Plug-in and Prius v; Named Official Car for 2013 International CES
DEARBORN – Customers are reacting positively to the new Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and C-MAX Hybrid, which combined to outsell Toyota Prius plug-in and Prius v during November, the first full month both C-MAX hybrids were available.