- C-MAX Solar Energi Concept Shines at CES
LAS VEGAS - During the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show, Mike Tinskey, global director, Vehicle Electrification and Infrastructure, shared important information about the C-MAX Solar Energi concept with @Ford.
- Ford C-MAX Solar Energi Concept Goes Off the Grid; Gives Glimpse of Clean Vehicle Future
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company announced today the C-MAX Solar Energi Concept, a first-of-its-kind sun-powered vehicle with the potential to deliver the best of what a plug-in hybrid offers – without depending on an electricity grid for fuel.
- Let the Sun In: Ford C-MAX Solar Energi Concept Goes Off the Grid, Gives Glimpse of Clean Vehicle Future
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company announced today the C-MAX Solar Energi Concept, a first-of-its-kind sun-powered vehicle with the potential to deliver the best of what a plug-in hybrid offers – without depending on the electric grid for fuel.
- Ford Gives Dealers a Jolt to Drive Electric Vehicle Sales
DEARBORN - As fuel costs continue to rise, automakers have experienced increasing pressure to produce fuel-efficient vehicles which save money for the consumer and reduce their carbon footprint. Ford’s electric vehicle lineup – the Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Fusion Energi and Ford Focus Electric ¬– offer some of the best plug-in options for drivers wanting the best for the environment and their wallets.
- Ford C-MAX Energi, Fusion Energi Overtake Toyota in Plug-In Hybrid Sales
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company took over the No. 1 spot in plug-in hybrid vehicle sales of the Ford Fusion Energi and Ford C-MAX Energi in October, outpacing sales of the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid vehicle.
- Ford to Offer Three Electrified Vehicles in Europe by 2014
COLOGNE, Germany - Ford will offer a choice of three distinct electric vehicles in its European showrooms by 2014 to complement its line-up of fuel efficient petrol and diesel powered vehicles.
- Ford Electrified Vehicle Market Share Quadruples, Growth Spurs Investment for the Future
DEARBORN - A significant increase in Ford’s market share of electrified vehicles in the U.S., up 12 points over this time last year for a total market share of 16 percent, is proof demand for hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles is strong. As a result, Ford continues to plan for the future by doubling its team of electrification engineers and expanding the electrified vehicle research facilities to aid the expected continued growth of the segment.
- Ford Provides Energy-Efficient Technology to Another American Home in Commitment to Sustainable Living
DEARBORN – The winners of the Ford-led MyEnergi Lifestyle Retrofit contest – designed to showcase how a typical American family can affordably move to an energy-efficient lifestyle – are Lindsay and Ben Sattler of Parker, Colo.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrids Support €13.2 Million Mobility Study
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid vehicles are hitting Europe’s roads in support of a Ford-led €13.2 million study into electric vehicles in urban areas.
- Ford Hybrid Vehicle Sales Break Full-Year Record in First Five Months of 2013
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company bested its previous full-year hybrid sales record in just the first five months of 2013, driven by the product strength of its new electrified vehicle lineup including Ford C-MAX Hybrid, Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Fusion Hybrid and Ford Fusion Energi, as well as Lincoln MKZ Hybrid.
- Home Is Where the Hybrid Is: KB Home Features Ford’s MyEnergi Lifestyle
DEARBORN & SAN DIEGO – Ford Motor Company and KB Home (NYSE: KBH) today announce that products from the Ford-led initiative MyEnergi Lifestyle® will be featured in the homebuilder’s ZeroHouse 2.0 model home in San Marcos, Calif., and potentially in additional KB Home markets.
- Ford Delivers Best Hybrid Sales Quarter Ever as Fusion and C-MAX Hybrids Attract New Customers to Brand
DEARBORN – Ford delivered its best hybrid sales quarter ever in the first quarter of 2013 with sales totaling 21,080 vehicles – marking the first time Ford has sold more than 20,000 hybrids in a quarter. Ford’s hybrid sales were up 324 percent nationally over 2012, achieving 16 percent share of the electrified vehicle market – up from 4 percent last year.
- Ford and PlugShare Team Up to Help Ford C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi Drivers Find Plugs with MyFord Mobile
DEARBORN - Ford’s award-winning MyFord Mobile smartphone app and Web portal now features a charging station finder powered by PlugShare.com and will be compatible with the new Ford Fusion Energi and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid vehicles.
- Heritage Moment: Ford Reveals Fuel Economy Leadership, Unveiling Two Next-Gen Hybrid Vehicles
DETROIT - On Jan. 10, 2011, Ford Motor Company unveiled two next-generation hybrid vehicles at the 2011 North American International Auto Show – the Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid and the Ford C-MAX Hybrid.
- Ford, Eaton, SunPower and Whirlpool Team Up for Electric Energy Initiative
LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company today announces a strategic collaboration that will demonstrate how a typical American family can significantly reduce their electricity bills and CO2 footprint by integrating home appliance technology with a plug-in vehicle to achieve an energy-efficient lifestyle.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrids Outsell Toyota Prius Plug-in and Prius v; Named Official Car for 2013 International CES
DEARBORN – Customers are reacting positively to the new Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and C-MAX Hybrid, which combined to outsell Toyota Prius plug-in and Prius v during November, the first full month both C-MAX hybrids were available.
- Ford’s C-MAX is a Game-Changing Champion
DEARBORN - It’s time for the big game. It’s time for automotive rivals Ford and Toyota to go head-to-head in an online competition to show who truly comes out on top.
- Empire State of Drive: Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid Qualifies for New York Carpool Lane Access
NEW YORK – The all-new Ford C-MAX Energi – already offering the top speed among plug-in hybrid vehicles – now gives New Yorkers a chance to get where they’re going even faster after being approved for use in the carpool lane of a major artery into the Big Apple.
- Ford Expects November to Be Its Best Hybrid Sales Month Ever; Electrified Vehicle Sales Increase Fivefold to 11 Percent
DEARBORN – Ford projects November will be its best hybrid sales month ever with more than 6,000 units sold. Ford is expected to capture an all-time-high 11 percent share of the electrified vehicle market – an increase of more than fivefold this year alone. November marks the first full month the all-new C-MAX Hybrid, all-new C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and all-new Fusion Hybrid are available on dealer lots.
- GE to Purchase 2,000 Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrids; Companies Collaborate with Georgia Tech to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Vehicle Adoption and Research
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company today announces a collaboration with GE (NYSE: GE), in which the company will purchase 2,000 Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrids for its fleet – Ford’s largest-ever plug-in electrified vehicle fleet sale. Ford will also jointly market GE’s alternative fuel infrastructure solutions.
- Ford Triples Dealers Certified to Sell C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid, Beats Toyota in Fuel Economy Across the Board
MIAMI – Ford has tripled to more than 200 the number of dealers certified to sell its lineup of plug-in electrified vehicles, including the new C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid that is on sale now and delivers the equivalent of 100 mpg combined in electric mode, beating the Toyota Prius Plug-in by 5 MPGe.
- Ford C-MAX Energi: Most Range, More Efficiency and Affordability Than Any Plug-In Hybrid
DEARBORN – The all-new 2013 C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid vehicle showcases Ford’s 20 years of hybrid expertise as America’s most fuel-efficient and affordable plug-in hybrid that delivers more overall driving range than any utility vehicle.
- Ford’s Flexible Michigan Assembly Plant Makes History by Launching C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid, Beating Toyota in Fuel Economy Across Lineup
WAYNE, MICH. – Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant is making history with each new C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid that rolls off the line. It is the only manufacturing site in the world to build vehicles with five different fuel-efficient powertrains on the same line and the only one to build four vehicles that deliver 40 mpg or more in real-world driving.
- Ford’s Fuel-Efficient Lineup Delivers Best Small Car October Sales Since 2001
DEARBORN – Ford total U.S. sales grew across the portfolio in October, with cars up 2 percent, utilities rising 2 percent, Ford F-Series pickups up 8 percent and Ford Econoline and Ford Transit Connect sales gaining 19 and 22 percent, respectively.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid Qualifies for California Carpool Lane Access and Incentives Up to $5,250
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Californians looking to avoid near $5-per-gallon gas will soon be able to buy the C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, potentially save $5,250 off the purchase price and enjoy high-occupancy vehicle lane (HOV) access.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Tops All Utility and Compact Vehicles with EPA-Rated 620-Mile Range; Triples Prius Plug-in’s Electric Range
DEARBORN – America’s most efficient utility vehicle – Ford’s new 108-MPGe C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid – also has the most range of any utility or compact vehicle with a 620-mile overall driving range as rated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Rated America’s Most Fuel-Efficient Plug-in Hybrid at 108 MPGe; Saves Customers $7,000 in Fuel Costs
DEARBORN – With many Americans facing record gasoline prices, the all-new Ford C-MAX Energi is America’s most fuel-efficient plug-in hybrid with an EPA- certified 108 miles-per-gallon equivalent (MPGe) city rating and 100 MPGe combined rating.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Delivers Industry’s Top Electric-Only Speed Among Plug-In Hybrids at the Touch of a Button
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. – At the touch of a button, Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid drivers can enjoy the industry’s top electric-only speed among all plug-in hybrid vehicles – 85 mph.
- C-MAX Energi Becomes America’s Most Affordable Plug-In Hybrid as Ford Cuts Hybrid Technology Costs by 30 Percent
DEARBORN – Ford’s new C-MAX Energi – expected to offer 15 class-exclusive features, a 550-mile total range and more than 20 miles of electric-only range that is at least triple Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid’s EPA-tested range – will now be America’s most affordable plug-in hybrid when it goes on sale.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid Expected to Deliver 550-Mile Range and Nearly Double Electric-Only Range of Prius
DEARBORN – The new Ford C-MAX Energi is expected to achieve more than 20 miles of electric-only range – nearly double the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid – and a 550-mile overall range to become the first hybrid vehicle ever that can be driven from Sacramento to San Diego on a single tank of gas and make the average American commute without gasoline.