- Ford Gives Dealers a Jolt to Drive Electric Vehicle Sales
DEARBORN - As fuel costs continue to rise, automakers have experienced increasing pressure to produce fuel-efficient vehicles which save money for the consumer and reduce their carbon footprint. Ford’s electric vehicle lineup – the Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Fusion Energi and Ford Focus Electric ¬– offer some of the best plug-in options for drivers wanting the best for the environment and their wallets.
- Ford C-MAX Energi, Fusion Energi Overtake Toyota in Plug-In Hybrid Sales
DEARBORN - Ford Motor Company took over the No. 1 spot in plug-in hybrid vehicle sales of the Ford Fusion Energi and Ford C-MAX Energi in October, outpacing sales of the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid vehicle.
- Ford to Offer Three Electrified Vehicles in Europe by 2014
COLOGNE, Germany - Ford will offer a choice of three distinct electric vehicles in its European showrooms by 2014 to complement its line-up of fuel efficient petrol and diesel powered vehicles.
- Ford Electrified Vehicle Market Share Quadruples, Growth Spurs Investment for the Future
DEARBORN - A significant increase in Ford’s market share of electrified vehicles in the U.S., up 12 points over this time last year for a total market share of 16 percent, is proof demand for hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles is strong. As a result, Ford continues to plan for the future by doubling its team of electrification engineers and expanding the electrified vehicle research facilities to aid the expected continued growth of the segment.
- Ford Provides Energy-Efficient Technology to Another American Home in Commitment to Sustainable Living
DEARBORN – The winners of the Ford-led MyEnergi Lifestyle Retrofit contest – designed to showcase how a typical American family can affordably move to an energy-efficient lifestyle – are Lindsay and Ben Sattler of Parker, Colo.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrids Support €13.2 Million Mobility Study
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid vehicles are hitting Europe’s roads in support of a Ford-led €13.2 million study into electric vehicles in urban areas.
- Ford Hybrid Vehicle Sales Break Full-Year Record in First Five Months of 2013
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company bested its previous full-year hybrid sales record in just the first five months of 2013, driven by the product strength of its new electrified vehicle lineup including Ford C-MAX Hybrid, Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Fusion Hybrid and Ford Fusion Energi, as well as Lincoln MKZ Hybrid.
- Home Is Where the Hybrid Is: KB Home Features Ford’s MyEnergi Lifestyle
DEARBORN & SAN DIEGO – Ford Motor Company and KB Home (NYSE: KBH) today announce that products from the Ford-led initiative MyEnergi Lifestyle® will be featured in the homebuilder’s ZeroHouse 2.0 model home in San Marcos, Calif., and potentially in additional KB Home markets.
- Ford Delivers Best Hybrid Sales Quarter Ever as Fusion and C-MAX Hybrids Attract New Customers to Brand
DEARBORN – Ford delivered its best hybrid sales quarter ever in the first quarter of 2013 with sales totaling 21,080 vehicles – marking the first time Ford has sold more than 20,000 hybrids in a quarter. Ford’s hybrid sales were up 324 percent nationally over 2012, achieving 16 percent share of the electrified vehicle market – up from 4 percent last year.
- Ford and PlugShare Team Up to Help Ford C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi Drivers Find Plugs with MyFord Mobile
DEARBORN - Ford’s award-winning MyFord Mobile smartphone app and Web portal now features a charging station finder powered by PlugShare.com and will be compatible with the new Ford Fusion Energi and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid vehicles.
- Heritage Moment: Ford Reveals Fuel Economy Leadership, Unveiling Two Next-Gen Hybrid Vehicles
DETROIT - On Jan. 10, 2011, Ford Motor Company unveiled two next-generation hybrid vehicles at the 2011 North American International Auto Show – the Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid and the Ford C-MAX Hybrid.
- Ford, Eaton, SunPower and Whirlpool Team Up for Electric Energy Initiative
LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company today announces a strategic collaboration that will demonstrate how a typical American family can significantly reduce their electricity bills and CO2 footprint by integrating home appliance technology with a plug-in vehicle to achieve an energy-efficient lifestyle.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrids Outsell Toyota Prius Plug-in and Prius v; Named Official Car for 2013 International CES
DEARBORN – Customers are reacting positively to the new Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and C-MAX Hybrid, which combined to outsell Toyota Prius plug-in and Prius v during November, the first full month both C-MAX hybrids were available.
- Ford’s C-MAX is a Game-Changing Champion
DEARBORN - It’s time for the big game. It’s time for automotive rivals Ford and Toyota to go head-to-head in an online competition to show who truly comes out on top.
- Empire State of Drive: Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid Qualifies for New York Carpool Lane Access
NEW YORK – The all-new Ford C-MAX Energi – already offering the top speed among plug-in hybrid vehicles – now gives New Yorkers a chance to get where they’re going even faster after being approved for use in the carpool lane of a major artery into the Big Apple.
- Ford Expects November to Be Its Best Hybrid Sales Month Ever; Electrified Vehicle Sales Increase Fivefold to 11 Percent
DEARBORN – Ford projects November will be its best hybrid sales month ever with more than 6,000 units sold. Ford is expected to capture an all-time-high 11 percent share of the electrified vehicle market – an increase of more than fivefold this year alone. November marks the first full month the all-new C-MAX Hybrid, all-new C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and all-new Fusion Hybrid are available on dealer lots.
- GE to Purchase 2,000 Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrids; Companies Collaborate with Georgia Tech to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Vehicle Adoption and Research
DEARBORN – Ford Motor Company today announces a collaboration with GE (NYSE: GE), in which the company will purchase 2,000 Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrids for its fleet – Ford’s largest-ever plug-in electrified vehicle fleet sale. Ford will also jointly market GE’s alternative fuel infrastructure solutions.
- Ford Triples Dealers Certified to Sell C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid, Beats Toyota in Fuel Economy Across the Board
MIAMI – Ford has tripled to more than 200 the number of dealers certified to sell its lineup of plug-in electrified vehicles, including the new C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid that is on sale now and delivers the equivalent of 100 mpg combined in electric mode, beating the Toyota Prius Plug-in by 5 MPGe.
- Ford C-MAX Energi: Most Range, More Efficiency and Affordability Than Any Plug-In Hybrid
DEARBORN – The all-new 2013 C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid vehicle showcases Ford’s 20 years of hybrid expertise as America’s most fuel-efficient and affordable plug-in hybrid that delivers more overall driving range than any utility vehicle.
- Ford’s Flexible Michigan Assembly Plant Makes History by Launching C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid, Beating Toyota in Fuel Economy Across Lineup
WAYNE, MICH. – Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant is making history with each new C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid that rolls off the line. It is the only manufacturing site in the world to build vehicles with five different fuel-efficient powertrains on the same line and the only one to build four vehicles that deliver 40 mpg or more in real-world driving.
- Ford’s Fuel-Efficient Lineup Delivers Best Small Car October Sales Since 2001
DEARBORN – Ford total U.S. sales grew across the portfolio in October, with cars up 2 percent, utilities rising 2 percent, Ford F-Series pickups up 8 percent and Ford Econoline and Ford Transit Connect sales gaining 19 and 22 percent, respectively.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid Qualifies for California Carpool Lane Access and Incentives Up to $5,250
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Californians looking to avoid near $5-per-gallon gas will soon be able to buy the C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, potentially save $5,250 off the purchase price and enjoy high-occupancy vehicle lane (HOV) access.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Tops All Utility and Compact Vehicles with EPA-Rated 620-Mile Range; Triples Prius Plug-in’s Electric Range
DEARBORN – America’s most efficient utility vehicle – Ford’s new 108-MPGe C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid – also has the most range of any utility or compact vehicle with a 620-mile overall driving range as rated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Rated America’s Most Fuel-Efficient Plug-in Hybrid at 108 MPGe; Saves Customers $7,000 in Fuel Costs
DEARBORN – With many Americans facing record gasoline prices, the all-new Ford C-MAX Energi is America’s most fuel-efficient plug-in hybrid with an EPA- certified 108 miles-per-gallon equivalent (MPGe) city rating and 100 MPGe combined rating.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Delivers Industry’s Top Electric-Only Speed Among Plug-In Hybrids at the Touch of a Button
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. – At the touch of a button, Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid drivers can enjoy the industry’s top electric-only speed among all plug-in hybrid vehicles – 85 mph.
- C-MAX Energi Becomes America’s Most Affordable Plug-In Hybrid as Ford Cuts Hybrid Technology Costs by 30 Percent
DEARBORN – Ford’s new C-MAX Energi – expected to offer 15 class-exclusive features, a 550-mile total range and more than 20 miles of electric-only range that is at least triple Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid’s EPA-tested range – will now be America’s most affordable plug-in hybrid when it goes on sale.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid Expected to Deliver 550-Mile Range and Nearly Double Electric-Only Range of Prius
DEARBORN – The new Ford C-MAX Energi is expected to achieve more than 20 miles of electric-only range – nearly double the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid – and a 550-mile overall range to become the first hybrid vehicle ever that can be driven from Sacramento to San Diego on a single tank of gas and make the average American commute without gasoline.
- The Power of Choice Provides Electrified Options for Every Driver
DEARBORN - Whether you’re looking to save thousands of dollars in gas by getting behind the wheel of a vehicle that gets more than 100 MPGe, preserve the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions or eliminate the need for routine oil changes, Ford Motor Company offers solutions to meet all consumer needs, by providing car-buyers with the Power of Choice.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid Deliver Leading Fuel Economy Plus Range, Flexibility
DEARBORN– Ford’s two new hybrid vehicles, the C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, are projected to set a new benchmark for fuel economy and driving range when they go on sale next year.
- Ford's Electrification Strategy Versus the Competition
DEARBORN - By the end of 2012, Ford will deliver five new electrified vehicles in North America. The Transit Connect Electric small commercial van is on sale and Ford recently started taking customer orders for the all-new Focus Electric, with production beginning later this year.