- L'argus Magazine Crowns Ford Transit Connect Van of the Year 2014
PARIS, France – Ford Transit Connect has been crowned Van of the Year 2014 by French Magazine L’argus.
- Fleet Van Awards Triumph For Ford
BRENTWOOD, England - Ford of Britain picked up three trophies in the “Fleet Van” Awards, including the prestigious Van Manufacturer of the Year title.
- Fiesta ST is French Sports Car of the Year
PARIS, France – Ford Fiesta ST has been crowned Sports Car of the Year by Echappement magazine in France. Fiesta ST beat nine competitors to the title and is the sixth Ford model to win Echappement Magazine’s prestigious award.
- New Ford Focus and New Fiesta, Best of the Year in Latin America by Auto Media
SÃO BERNARDO, Brazil – With a good recognition, the New Ford Focus was elected as the "Latin American Car" by the automotive media of 11 countries of the region. Ford also took the second best position with the New Fiesta in this regional award which gathers over 55 auto journalists. The Americar Award selects the best cars of the year sold in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Mexico, among other markets.
- Ford Ranger People’s Favourite
PRETORIA, South Africa – Ford’s Ranger was named a winner in two categories in the People’s Wheels Awards. Securing the top honours in the ‘Light Load Luggers’ category as well as the ‘Adventure Bakkie’ category, Ranger is clearly a favourite among South African customers.
- Safety Award for European Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering Team
DUNTON, England – The European PTME (Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering) team has been recognised for achieving a significant safety milestone – the completion of three years without a lost-time accident.
- Ford’s SYNC AppLink Voted Best Car Technology In Spain
MADRID, Spain - Ford’s SYNC AppLink voice-activated in-car connectivity system has been named Best In-car Technology at the Xataka Technology Awards 2013.
- Fiesta Wins Women’s World Car of the Year Award
COLOGNE, GERMANY - Ford Motor Company was today presented with the 2013 Women’s World Car of the Year award for the Fiesta 1.0-litre EcoBoost.
- 1.0-Litre EcoBoost Engine Wins UK Innovation Award
BRENTWOOD, England – The 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine has received the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) Award for Automotive Innovation 2013. Other nominees for the award, which highlights advanced R&D and innovation in the UK automotive industry, included the new McLaren P1 supercar.
- Ford Fiesta Tops Carsales.com.au People’s Choice Awards
MELBOURNE, Australia — Ford’s Fiesta is the overall winner of the carsales.com.au People's Choice Awards for 2013. The Thai-built light car polled the most votes across the finalists in 13 categories to take out top spot. In addition, Ford’s smallest model was voted the City Car category winner.
- Ford Fiesta ST Earns Popular Mechanics Excellence Award
DEARBORN – The Ford Fiesta ST was recently voted the best handling car in the Popular Mechanics 2014 Automotive Excellence Awards. Each year, Popular Mechanics editors select ten best cars and trucks from a variety of categories including design, performance and technical innovation. Representatives from the publication delivered the award to Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of The Americas, during a new hire orientation event last week.
- Ford Transit Voted UK’s Favourite Large Used Van
BRENTWOOD, England - The Ford Transit claimed victory in the 3.5-tonne van category at the 2013 Commercial Motor Used Truck of the Year Awards.
- Ford Marketing Manager Recognized on Mobile Marketer Smart Women List
DEARBORN - Mobile Marketer’s Mobile Women to Watch 2014 list honors smart women executives who are set to make a difference in mobile advertising, marketing, media and commerce in 2014. Ford is proud that Digital Marketing Manager Trisha Habucke has been recognized by Mobile Marketer for this honor.
- Ford Bags Three AFCO Awards
BRENTWOOD, England – Ford has clinched a hat-trick of trophies in the 2013 Association of Car Fleet Operator (ACFO) Awards.
- Ford Philippines Wins 15 Awards at the Auto Focus Media’s Choice and People’s Choice Awards
MANILA, Philippines — Ford Philippines bagged a total of 15 awards during the awarding ceremony at the 2013-2014 Auto Focus Media’s Choice Awards and People's Choice Awards.
- Ford Clinches Gold Marketing Award in Hungary
BUDAPEST, Hungary – Ford has claimed a prestigious marketing award in Hungary in honour of its innovative Fiesta 24 launch campaign
- Ford Mustang and F-Series Named ‘Hottest Car and Truck’ of 2013 SEMA Show
LAS VEGAS - Ford Mustang and Ford F-Series are officially the “Hottest Car and Truck” at the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association show. The SEMA Award – presented today – recognizes the most popular vehicles SEMA members feature in their displays at the organization’s weeklong trade show in Las Vegas.
- Automobile Journalists Association of Canada TestFest by the Numbers
OAKVILLE - Just last week, members of the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) got together for TestFest, the annual evaluation event for the Canadian Car of the Year Awards.
- Focus ST Named Best Performance Hatchback at Middle East Motor Awards
DUBAI, UAE – Ford Focus ST received the Best Performance Hatchback title at this year’s Middle East Motor Awards (MEMA), the biggest independent car awards of the Middle East.
- Ford Awarded Record Number of Wins in Sunday Times Top 100
BRENTWOOD, England – A hat-trick of Ford models scooped ‘best in class’ honours in the Sunday Times’ annual Top 100 review of Britain’s best cars
- First Integrated Front-End Module Named 2013 SPE Automotive Div. Hall of Fame Award Winner
TROY, Mich. – The first North American implementation of integrated front-end module (FEM) system used on 1996 model year (MY) Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable sedans produced by Ford was selected as the 2013 Hall of Fame winner by the Automotive Division of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) for the group's 43rd-annual Automotive Innovation Awards Competition.
- 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Named ‘Off-Road Truck of Texas’ by Texas Auto Writers Association
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The Texas Auto Writers Association named the 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor “Off-Road Truck of Texas.”
- Esquire: Ford Fiesta ST Earns Small Car of the Year Award
DEARBORN - The 2014 Ford Fiesta ST perfectly fits Esquire’s theme for its 2013 Car of the Year awards – “the rise of performance.” Fiesta ST’s award-winning 1.6-liter EcoBoost® engine produces 197 horsepower, providing the car unmatched power and performance, Esquire says, with only the pricier 181-hp Mini Cooper S and 160-hp Fiat 500 Abarth coming anywhere close.
- Ford Driving Skills for Life Wins Italian Education Award; Free Young Driver Training Sessions Start in Europe
COLOGNE, Germany – Ford Motor Company has been presented with a prestigious award in Italy in recognition of its contribution to education and social responsibility through Ford Driving Skills for Life, the company’s free training program for young drivers.
- Ford Motor Company Honored with Two Awards from Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council
DETROIT - Ford Motor Company has been named Corporation of the Year by the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council (MMSDC). Ford was honored for its excellence and commitment to working with and helping to develop and mentor minority business enterprises. This is the fourth year in a row Ford has been honored as Corporation of the Year.
- Ford Honoured at National Apprenticeship Awards
BRENTWOOD, England – Ford and its national dealer network have been announced as the South East of England regional winner for the Macro Employer of the Year category in the National Apprenticeship Awards 2013.
- Ford’s Robert Brown to Be Inducted into Wayne State’s College of Engineering Hall of Fame
DEARBORN - Robert Brown, Ford Motor Company vice president of sustainability, environment and safety engineering, will be inducted into Wayne State University’s College of Engineering Hall of Fame.
- Ford Sollers Wins Prestigious Russian Award
MOSCOW– Ford Sollers has received a special award inscribed: “For success in the development of the Russian market.”
- Transit Connect Wins ‘International Van of the Year 2014’
MOSCOW – The Transit Connect has been named “International Van of the Year 2014” at the COMTRANS commercial vehicle exhibition in Moscow as Ford became the first single manufacturer to win the award for two consecutive years.
- Ford UK Recognised For Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport
BRENTWOOD, England – Ford of Britain’s long-term commitment to lowering carbon emissions has been recognised by an award from the UK’s Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP).