Improving health and safety scorecard metrics at Oakville Assembly has been a major concentration over the last few years. The incredible results we received at the 2013 Health & Safety Awards is a testament to the hard work and dedication that the entire team at Oakville Assembly has had on improving a vital component of our plant’s environment.
It is critical that we ensure the health and safety of our employees as we continue working together to maintain the momentum behind Ford’s exciting transformation. We are so proud of these achievements.
We have a bright future together as our One Oakville, One Family and One Ford culture develops into our 2020 Vision and our Core Values of getting Results Through Relationships by Promoting Prevention with Professional Presence and Reward & Recognition.
Congratulations, Oakville Assembly team members, for winning the following awards:
- Global Winner—Excellence in Safety Award - Global Winner—Excellence in Safety Award - Executed from July 2012 to July 2013, this initiative aimed to drive zero-injury mindset and safety culture, increase consistency of compliance, enforcement and accountability at all levels, recognize and reward individuals or teams for safe behaviors and process adherence, communicate and clarify safety requirements, enhance visual factory effectiveness and improve process confirmation and documentation. Key characteristics for the success and implementation of this method was the opportunity for replication and adoption as a common process, the engagement and support of leadership and finally the involvement and program adoption from plant floor personnel.
Roman Krygier Health and Safety Leadership Award - William Cowell, Oakville Assembly – Since Q1, 2012, Plant Manager, Will Cowell, championed the plant’s cultural change. The actions, initiatives and strategies employed through his support have resulted in an unprecedented and progressive improvement in the safety culture of Oakville Assembly. Initiatives include, current state mapping, removing barriers with local Union leadership and establishing a trusting relationship. 2013 Engagement Survey results prove the success of these endeavors, indicating higher than corporate average across all categories, including; employee satisfaction (82%), safety (92%), bold leadership dimension (87%), global skilled and motivated team index (81%), Go Further (87%).
• Health & Safety Professional of the Year Award
• Gord Stevenson, Oakville Assembly
• Special Contribution Awards
• Oakville Assembly, Body and Chassis Leadership Teams—Proactive joint leadership in growing a safety culture on the plant floor:
Body-A: Brett Prior, Brian Haskett, Mike Fisher and Alex Nikolic
Chassis-A: Jake Hanson, Marc Brennan, Rob Aquino and Ed Kairys
• Lifesaving Awards—In Recognition of Lifesaving Interventions
• Oakville Assembly—Lifesaving intervention to assist fellow employee during medical emergency:
Brett Prior, Dennis Posavad, Dennis Spehar, Chris Flor, Jim Carson & Joseph Perrino
• Regional Finalists—Excellence in Health Awards
• Oakville Assembly—Return to Work Process