Motor vehicle crashes are the No. 1 cause of occupational fatalities, and the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 2-39 and 50-72. With the increasing number of new drivers and vehicles on the road, this creates a continuing need for both safe and defensive driving, by everyone. Please follow these easy tips so you, your co-workers, your family and friends all arrive at your destinations – safely.
1. Keep your vehicle safe 6. Wear your seatbelt
2. Practice defensive driving 7. Don’t drive drowsy
3. Watch out for the other driver 8. Avoid distractions
4. Don’t tailgate 9. Don’t speed
5. Be extra careful in poor weather 10. Don’t drive after drinking alcohol