Dearborn Tool & Die employees showed a lot of Christmas Spirit this year when the plant collectively raised over $3,000 dollars for the United States Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program.
“Thank you to all of you who donated for this great cause,” said Terry Henning, DTD Plant Manager. “You really helped make some child’s Christmas much brighter.”
Phil Smith from the Veteran’s Program presented Terry Henning, DTD Plant Manager and the plant with the Commander’s Award for all that the Ford Tool & Die Unit has done for the program.
The award reads:
The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve is proud to recognize Ford Tool & Die for outstanding achievement in support of the 2013 Toys for Tots Program. These generous contributions have enabled us to help fulfill the Christmas Dreams of our nation’s neediest children.
Dennis McCarthy, Commanding General, Marine Forces Reserved
Coordinator, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, Toys for Tots Program.
“The DTD employees have once again shown that their generosity has no limits!” said Renee Zobay, Tool Coordinator Supervisor and DTD Toys for Tots Coordinator.
Here are the numbers:
- Total (including value of toys), DTD raised $3073.00
- DTD Plant Pastry sales: $246.00
- Numerical Control Department Coffee club generous donation = $300.00
- Die room pop club generous donation: $100.00
- Gate 4 collection: $477.00
- Plant wide collection: $626.00
- Value of donated toys by DTD employees: $1324.00
- 379 toys donated